T-Racks 5.10 With Apple Silicon Support and the Farm Stone Room Reverb Out Now, Also ARC 3.10

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A day late but out now...

I'm getting a message that a newer version of T-Racks is already installed on my machine. I'm assuming that's just an error and their Windows installer system thinks 5.10 is less than 5.9.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trfarmstoneroom/

I assume it's not included in Total Studio 3.5 MAX...

I would say not with great confidence. :D
Say NO to CLAP!

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:14 pm I assume it's not included in Total Studio 3.5 MAX...
Any of the T-Racks plugins that existed when Total Studio Max 3.5 was released will be included. Any new additions wouldn't. That's typically IK's standard with the Max products.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:51 pm A day late but out now...

I'm getting a message that a newer version of T-Racks is already installed on my machine. I'm assuming that's just an error and their Windows installer system thinks 5.10 is less than 5.9.

That odd error is being fixed but also it should not cause any issues with using the update aside from the annoying error.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:17 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:51 pm A day late but out now...

That odd error is being fixed but also it should not cause any issues with using the update aside from the annoying error.
Yes, can confirm I had no other errors besides that.

For those interested in T-RackS The Farm Stone Room Studio Reverb (correctly stated above that it is not included with Total Studio 3.5 MAX), we also released this video about it:

https://youtu.be/S_8Q-GxtPiY

What does this Farm Stone thing bring to the table which can not be done with Sunset and Fame things?
And can this be heard in a full mix over the usual wireless earphones everybody uses today?
Asking for a friend...

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:19 pm What does this Farm Stone thing bring to the table which can not be done with Sunset and Fame things?
And can this be heard in a full mix over the usual wireless earphones everybody uses today?
Asking for a friend...
It is another very specific room with specific properties and a signature sound. The video above should highlight its strengths and differences from those other classic rooms.

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:19 pm What does this Farm Stone thing bring to the table which can not be done with Sunset and Fame things?
Asking for a friend...
The "Phil Collins In The Air Tonight" drum room sound. Whether or not you need/want that is up to you. But that's why it exists. It even has the compressor built in.

I recently picked up FAME on sale and that's a more versatile product IMO. I do dig these virtual studio/room plugins. FAME sounds great on Pianoteq.

Woot!
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

This room will be great to have.

Kudos to Squids (Dave Kerzner) for his input. :tu:

Looks like an interesting drum room. One trick pony?
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

The Farm Stone Room Studio Reverb :tu: :tu: :tu:
Say NO to CLAP!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:20 pm It is another very specific room with specific properties and a signature sound.
Peter, where is the GATE in the Farm Stone Room?

Every SSL 4000 channel has a built-in gate. And, the gate naturally was one of the absolute key ingredients of that room’s sound and ‘80s gated reverb!

Here is Hugh Padgham on the Phil Collins drum sound:

Hugh Padgham wrote:The Solid State Logic console was quite new then and it had a compressor/noise gate on every single channel which before that had never happened...

The whole essence of the sound is the compression of it which makes it sound really fat and then the second that there is a lull in the sound the gate just shuts it off. The drums were in a very live room; when you compress a sound in a live room it brings up all the background noise and the echo in a room. Therefore, when you go from something sounding big to nothing, you get this feeling of massive contrast. That is the whole essence of why the sound was so interesting because it is going from all to nothing in milliseconds.

We had the compressors and noise gates in each channel so I said OK, let's put up some room mics, listen to the drums through those and compress them. That's what I did, but we hadn't discovered the noise gate side of it yet. When I pushed the button for the compressor on the console, there was a noise gate already in the chain. Phil stopped playing and the sound suddenly went to nothing [as the gate kicked in]. It was like, 'Oh my god, that's amazing’.
https://www.musicradar.com/features/how ... drum-sound

So..... where’s the SSL 4000 noise gate that makes the big Phil Collins drums happen on this plugin?

THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Effects”