Audiority Echoes T7E mkII updated to v2.2.2 - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo (AAX, AU, CLAP, VST2, VST3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Echoes T7E mkII

Audiority wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:03 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:14 pm What does ”the updated framework” mean? GUI?
Nope. that's the custom framework we built along the years, including the effects DSP, presets system and so on.
Soo, updating the whole software fundament sounds really major change. How does this "updating" show to the user?

Hopefully doesn't show to the user at all. The kind of change that makes Luca's job easier to maintain the code going forward, but from outside perspective maybe invisible. At least that's how I interpret framework. Best case improves CPU and UI load times. :D

yes, basically that. Most of the times, these changes are invisible to the user, but in some cases they are impacting and they'll be listed in the changelog. An example: trying to change the knob value via shift+double click caused crashes on a couple of plugins. We fixed that and released updates. For plugins suffering the crash, this fix is listed in the changelog. For those which weren't affected, it's part of the "framework update" entry.

Echoes T7E has been updated to v2.2.1

Changes
- FIX: License getting invalidated on some configurations
- CHANGE: AAX Universal Binary 2 (Mac only)

You can download the update from your User Area account.

Echoes T7E has been updated to v2.2.2

Changes
- FIX: Session not correctly restored on some configurations

You can download the update from your User Area account.

So.. one of the issues emerged from our last survey is about how some of our plugins look complex or not easy to use. Echoes T7E was one of the most mentioned plugin. Action taken, here's our brand new tutorial for one of our best-sellers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc4yzxIPDhM

Enjoy!
Luca

Hi Luca, the video is very well done. The number & scope of embedded ads is obnoxious. You might consider demonetizing an "Official Tutorial" regardless, especially if your intention is to use it as a marketing or support tool. I won't begrudge you for scraping up any available loose change where you can, but I'll make a point to watch all your tutorials with FreeTube. :wink:

Thx Luca, useful stuff.
FYI just watched this through directly from the link above without any ads.

That panning trick in "hidden" menu was good one. Some how I missed it, will be using that a lot.
Audiority wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:56 am So.. one of the issues emerged from our last survey is about how some of our plugins look complex or not easy to use. Echoes T7E was one of the most mentioned plugin. Action taken, here's our

kidslow wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:05 amThe number & scope of embedded ads is obnoxious. You might consider demonetizing an "Official Tutorial" regardless, especially if your intention is to use it as a marketing or support tool.
Unfortunately we are not in the YouTube Partners Program. We don't monetise our videos, so we don't have any control on enabling/disabling ads on our videos.

I'm surprised by the result of that user survey. I honestly never thought of Audiority plugins as difficult to use.

The problem with Echoes is due to the bottom panel that's open by default. Compared to other Echorec simulations, it looks that ours is over-complicated, while it's not.

i just remember being confused about the error and age knobs. normally in plugins age knobs have the pristine setting at 0%, and the aged version at 100%, it's the other way around on this one. the error knobs work the opposite, pristine at 0% and full "error" at 100%. it's not a huge deal but it would be better if it was consistent

Audiority wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:51 am
kidslow wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:05 amThe number & scope of embedded ads is obnoxious. You might consider demonetizing an "Official Tutorial" regardless, especially if your intention is to use it as a marketing or support tool.
Unfortunately we are not in the YouTube Partners Program. We don't monetise our videos, so we don't have any control on enabling/disabling ads on our videos.
I watched your video on Youtube website, logged in, and they played let's say 6 ads over your content, one on each end and 4 in the middle.

The tutorial was well done, and want to see more of them. Clearly a lot of thought & effort went into it. The animations of the hardware, and how you visually bridged the plugin to hardware in your on-screen diagrams were creative.

All the nuance to how Google monetizes YouTube is beyond a mere mortal to figure out. Why did I get saturated and others report not a one? Sometimes, embedded videos in a small window contain no ads, but if you watch on the main site, they do. They could geofence the quantity or if they even play a single ad into some territories. I assumed any content creator could choose to restrict their content from having ads, but perhaps not? Some channels that I follow are able to prevent Youtube ads entirely. I don't know what switch they are flipping.

zfy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:38 pm i just remember being confused about the error and age knobs. normally in plugins age knobs have the pristine setting at 0%, and the aged version at 100%, it's the other way around on this one. the error knobs work the opposite, pristine at 0% and full "error" at 100%. it's not a huge deal but it would be better if it was consistent
I see. Unfortunately this could be a breaking change if I modify this behaviour right now. I'll have to think about it, but what you say makes sense.
kidslow wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:10 pm I assumed any content creator could choose to restrict their content from having ads, but perhaps not? Some channels that I follow are able to prevent Youtube ads entirely. I don't know what switch they are flipping.
There's a difference where it comes to "content creators". These last join the YouTube Partner Program, which has some strict requirements including 4000 hours/month of videos watched. Our content will never reach that amount of hours, so we cannot join the program even if we would.

Luca

Return to “Effects”