Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

Great news. Is Shortcircuit next in line to get the love it deserves ? :party:

I must admit, I’m coveting a Linux version of Shortcircuit-XT myself. 🙂
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

andony wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:30 am Great news. Is Shortcircuit next in line to get the love it deserves ? :party:
Yeah, along with further minor updates for Surge. Note that there is a literal ton of work needed on SC - the whole UI and all the interactions need to be coded from scratch, basically.

I'm quite certain it will be worth it for all of us in the end! :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

WHy is there a 2Pole mode in obxd 4P mode ?
Shouldn't it be under the obxd 2p filter mode ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:08 pm WHy is there a 2Pole mode in obxd 4P mode ?
Shouldn't it be under the obxd 2p filter mode ?
Check the filter subtype (the "2" label next to the filter type). Obxd 24dB type allows you to change the slope via the subtype. Whereas the Obxd 12dB type uses subtype for different saturation characteristics. ;)

I looked at the new modules from Surge XT in Cradinal:
They look amazing. I hope when the developers update the interface they will take them as a reference. Realtime animated oscillators/waveshapers/filters are cool.

Did the Surge-XT modules get added to Cardinal?! The last time I spoke with FalkTX, he told me the modules were not compatible with Cardinal.

audiojunkie wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:09 pm Did the Surge-XT modules get added to Cardinal?! The last time I spoke with FalkTX, he told me the modules were not compatible with Cardinal.
Just today:
https://github.com/DISTRHO/Cardinal/releases/tag/22.12

Wow! Awesome news!! The two teams must have worked together to over come the problem. This makes Cardinal a MONSTER!!! So powerful!!!!!

This plugin is incredible. I don't know how it slipped my radar. Thanks to the devs for putting in the work to make this available. Looking forward to Shortcircuit since I used to use the original many, many years ago.

Slightly off topic: In Surge XT, the modulator has a MSEG mode, does anyone know why it was removed in Cardinal modules? And in general, are there any alternatives other than shape master?

Any news on development?

Danilo Villanova wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:38 am Any news on development?
Exactly my thoughts. It's been awhile...

Development hasn't stopped. There are lots of plans for Surge-XT. However, the big (and in my opinion, AWESOME) push is getting Shortcircuit-XT going. BaconPaul is currently working his butt off on Shortcircuit-XT. There are huge amounts of progress being made, and if you are interested, go check out the Github site to follow what's been going on. I'm really excited! :)

Return to “Instruments”