cubase 12 load problem

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can anyone explain why this happens? Trying to load a project and it works sometimes and it crashes sometimes.
https://youtu.be/7YbZErkKmi4

These days, launch crashes in Cubase are almost always tied to a plug-in used in the Project. Your video shows the program going down as it gets to: Piano.

Do you remember what piano plug-in you used in that Project? You might try removing that plug-in from your VST/VST3 folder(s) and relaunch. If the Project launches (minus the plug-in on the Piano track) then you’ve found the culprit and should check with the developer to see if there’s a newer version available or substitute another Piano plug-in to keep working on the Project.
On a number of Macs

Is the sample rate different than your default Windows setting? In this case, I've found checking "Release Driver when Application is in Background" under Studio Setup helps.

If you have the crash dumps from Cubase (usually in your Documents\Steinberg\CrashDumps folder), you can try use WinDbg Preview to find out whether it is a plugin causing the crash using this howto:
https://forums.steinberg.net/t/how-to-a ... ows/784142

By looking at that destktop it's easy to see what's going on.

There are at least four big problems in that PC.

Dogbert wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:55 pm By looking at that destktop it's easy to see what's going on.

Insane. And this guy calmly comes here posting his Desktop with uTorrent in good sight.

It is not about desktop i think

Passante wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:57 pm
Dogbert wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:55 pm By looking at that destktop it's easy to see what's going on.

Insane. And this guy calmly comes here posting his Desktop with uTorrent in good sight.
???

Probably. But what are does problems? Just curious.

Bloated disk, cracked software, 3d party antivirus and "optimizers", overclocking.

Certainly Norton's a pile of virus-like shite. It played havoc with my pc years back, slowed all kinds of stuff down and was a nightmare to uninstall. It lurked uninvited and I don't think I ever got rid of all of it. Was relieved when I got a new pc after that one.

Computing not really being my thing...how do you know he's overclocked? I dunno what half of those icons are.

BrokenTrance wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:55 pm

???
Why the ???
uTorrent is pretty well for one thing only...anyone using it, we know what they're using it for.

kritikon wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:05 pm
BrokenTrance wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:55 pm

???
Why the ???
uTorrent is pretty well for one thing only...anyone using it, we know what they're using it for.
Many ligitimate downloads with torrent programs here.

In the past? :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Last edited by BrokenTrance on Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kritikon wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:03 pm Certainly Norton's a pile of virus-like shite. It played havoc with my pc years back, slowed all kinds of stuff down and was a nightmare to uninstall. It lurked uninvited and I don't think I ever got rid of all of it. Was relieved when I got a new pc after that one.

Computing not really being my thing...how do you know he's overclocked? I dunno what half of those icons are.
Yeah you have to be on crack to install Norton. That i give you.

kritikon wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:03 pm Certainly Norton's a pile of virus-like shite. It played havoc with my pc years back, slowed all kinds of stuff down and was a nightmare to uninstall. It lurked uninvited and I don't think I ever got rid of all of it. Was relieved when I got a new pc after that one.

Because theres an "overclocking tools" folder in the desktop, and also because he was asking about good settings to overclock his CPU.

DAW programs don't need and don't like overclocking.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”