FL Studio 21 RC is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, its nice to work with FL Studio and its getting better and better.
Still the nicest Piano-Roll Workflow and for me as a Beatproducer, I really cant imagine much more.
Not talking about the recording qualities of this daw, cause thats not my job.
I am happy with FL and will download the new version in the next months. Just waiting for some 3rd party plugins receiving their updates.

Trancit wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:10 pm At the very end I don´t blame the people... I blame IL for priosizing such a feature over the hundreds and probably thousands of more urgent and important things which imho need to be done before they should start to concentrate on gimmicks..
That's the point, one user does not get to define "urgent and important" and "gimmicks".

If you're so upset with FL Studio that you think the "whole system" is broken then complaining about it here will do you no good. Go the the IL forums and let them know how you feel. I've never seen you be as abrasive over there towards them as you have been here.

Meanwhile I'm working with FL Studio every day for several hours a day. I make new projects, I edit old ones and so on. I use it for what it is and accept the quirks and flaws that are found in any DAW in some form or another. You can use what you have or you can waste the time complaining about what you don't have.

Is FL Studio perfect? No of course not, nothing is perfect and no DAW is ever going to be 100% perfect for 100% of the people.

Themes were not my number one feature request but it is something I've wanted for years so I'm happy that although I did not get my number one request granted this time at least there is something that I do find useful that was added.

Like I said, with the lifetime updates you get what you get. Sometimes it's something useful and sometimes it's not.

Again Themes were not my number one request but it's something I've wanted for many years so even thought I didn't get my number one request granted I did get something I've been wanting....for free....so who can complain?
Trancit wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:10 pmThese are my last words on this topic... I just wanted to get sure you don´t get the feeling you would have won anything... :D
Well it's not a contest so no winners or losers. I just felt your attitude was inappropriate and responded. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I’m new to FL Studio and need some help.

In my other DAW’s I can choose a different input and output for my audio interfaces.

I cannot seem to find this option in FL Studio, it appears you can only choose one audio device, am I missing something?

simmo75 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:49 pm I’m new to FL Studio and need some help.

In my other DAW’s I can choose a different input and output for my audio interfaces.

I cannot seem to find this option in FL Studio, it appears you can only choose one audio device, am I missing something?
Have you set up your audio IO in system settings - options, audio (does it see multiple IO?) after that it should be selectable right hand side of mixer, drop down.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:18 pm
simmo75 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:49 pm I’m new to FL Studio and need some help.

Have you set up your audio IO in system settings - options, audio (does it see multiple IO?) after that it should be selectable right hand side of mixer, drop down.
I just get one drop down menu for audio device, not an option for audio input, audio output.
I’ll have another look tonight.

Trancit makes great FL Studio videos! so for me he seems to be more focused on foundation improvements what im also more looking forward and wishing they implement it.

e.g. much better plugin stability, crash protection (better improved) when projects crash it still is such annoying and FL Studio gives you NO indication what plugin did it.
ghost note implementation to show on ALL patterns.
further CPU improvements/performance.
and some more i cannot think asap.

the biggest addition for me in FL21 is finally! the simple fade ins and outs. i hope there will be much more and better audio file handlings.

fl studio is still for me the fastes workflow for pattern based stuff, no DAW feels so fluid in the Piano Roll, they look and feel still too programmy. i dont understand why others still cannot adjust their piano rolls.

so yeah i hope with the theme integration they have completed a big bling bling part and focus on foundational stuff.

thx IL for making this again a free update! wishing improved features and stability isnt meant offensive, the love for the DAW shall long forever :D and make this beauty more beautiful :P
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Why not start a new thread, it's easy enough to do...

BenfordLaw wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:43 pm

Yes boss, whatever you say lord and commander… bellend.

simmo75 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:28 pm

I don't know if there's history. I feel like there's history. But you might get more answers if you were to start a thread with such a title.

I don't think I can help with this as I've only ever run one master audio interface at a time and I wouldn't expect things to work all that well with two. However, if you have additional inputs/outputs via ADAT then they should all appear in the drop down input and output menus around the FX section of the mixer.

Good advice.

I was very on the anti-FL train, but tried to give it a serious look with FL 21. I've spent the last week really trying to get deep into FL and learn everything I can, and honestly I've completely changed my mind on it. Love the changes in 21, especially the new theme stuff.

Yes the workflow is a bit different that many other DAWs I have like Cubase, Live, or S1... but after watching some people who really know the DAW it definitely has some big strengths. It still has some weaknesses but seems as valid a tool as any other. It's crazy how good of a deal you are getting for the Producer edition, which is on sale for $150 right now but only $200 normally. Also doesn't seem like there's much of a reason to get more than the Producer edition.

rageix wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:01 am ... which is on sale for $150 right now but only $200 normally. Also doesn't seem like there's much of a reason to get more than the Producer edition.
+VAT

It was a simple question. Why didn't you start a new thread? Why did you come into this thread, which is about FL Studio 21 RC, and ask a question that is nothing to do (specifically) with FL Studio 21 RC, when you can easily just start a new thread and get an answer there?

Back to FL Studio, I think the skinning is fantastic, and is the main thing I have wanted in FL Studio ever since they took it out, I can't stand the 'endless sea of grey' look. I have already downloaded about 50 skins that other users have uploaded to the Image Line forum.

BenfordLaw wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:00 pm

It was a simple question. Why didn't you start a new thread? Why did you come into this thread, which is about FL Studio 21 RC, and ask a question that is nothing to do (specifically) with FL Studio 21 RC, when you can easily just start a new thread and get an answer there?

Back to FL Studio, I think the skinning is fantastic, and is the main thing I have wanted in FL Studio ever since they took it out, I can't stand the 'endless sea of grey' look. I have already downloaded about 50 skins that other users have uploaded to the Image Line forum.
Well Benford, it’s because I’m using this version, so it made sense to me to ask a question, in a thread with the title of the version of the software I’m using. Not that I should owe you an explanation…

It looks like it’s not possible to assign a different audio input and output though, which would be a shame and pretty unusual for a DAW.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”