Wave Manuel - FREE stereophonic waveshaping synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Wave Manuel

About MPE stuff: It's very interesting and definitely should be a thing in Wave Manuel! I have no experience of MPE devices yet but I think I'd like to have one.

Any suggestions about MPE supporting synth that is easy to setup and fun to play? To get some ideas on how to implement things right.

My usual resource as a LinnStrumentalist is Roger Linn’s site. There is also an article for developers:
https://www.rogerlinndesign.com/support ... to-add-mpe
The one VST, that has the best MPE implementation is Roli’s Equator, as it allows to set curves for the different expressions, but it does not need to be that sophisticated. There are also some free and open source plugins supporting MPE, notably Surge who’s developers will surely help you to implement it. I bet they will recommend you also to support the new CLAP plugin format, which might even ease other things… Details can follow in the dedicated developer forum.
For the time being I am just a user who would love to play your instrument expressively, imagining bending the waveforms with my touch and playing the vibratos with my fingers…
As for MPE controllers there is my love the LinnStrument, the Roli Seaboard as the most prominent, but too much sticking to the keyboard design, and Embodme’s Erae Touch. All these are in a price range for serious users. The LinnStrument changed my life and was worth every penny I spent. Highly recommended…
I also have a Sensel, but they stopped producing it. I also have an Erae Touch which is less precise than the LS, but is a completely programmable surface that also can be used as a drum controller and be played with sticks…
There is also a dedicated forum around all things MPE:
https://community.polyexpression.com/

Thanks, that's a lot of info! Linnstrument is interesting since I've wanted a controller with non-piano layout.

I will support Clap in the future, thinking about making the plugin "Clap native" then wrap VST and AU versions from that. I understood there will be official wrappers from Clap team for this.

That is good news and according to U-He the VST wrapper prototypes for CLAP work well already…

Any news about a non-AVX version? Will there eventually be one? I'm asking because of the One-Synth-Challenge. I Would love to participate, but AVX is a showstopper for me. My CPU is to old.

Here I join the request! :help:
Wave Manuel is announced as the synthesizer of December in the One Synth Challenge! For us, it means a lot of fun with this amazing synthesizer, and for the developer - great testing, lots of presets and incredible tracks by the end of the month. A celebration of life for everyone, YAY! :party:
But not everyone can get to this holiday now... :scared: Old processors without AVX instructions are standing at the gates like unshakable guards! :borg: Will the brave King of the Wave Manuel country be able to defeat them and let everyone into the holiday?! :pray:
I really hope so! :hail: I want to say that the current version is quite stable and sounds great now, and if you could make the development of the AVX-Free version a priority in the near future, this would be the reason for the birth of several more amazing compositions this month! :band:
Viva la Wave Manuel, the most available waveshaping synthesizer on the planet! :clap: :phones: :tu:

SeBaer wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:44 pm ...I Would love to participate, but AVX is a showstopper for me. My CPU is to old.
+1

About non-AVX:

Wave Manuel uses a library called SIMDe to port my AVX code into NEON instructions (Mac M1). I think it should be pretty straightforward to use SIMDe for non-AVX too. I've been thinking about this since it's been frequently requested but have been busy with other things, sorry! Also old computers might have issues beyond AVX but I hope to cover maximum compatibility! (And this is coming from an Amiga user)

If someone wants to help with testing the build (when I get the time), please contact me by the e-mail on wavemanuel.io :) Thanks!

PauliIndie wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:01 pm If someone wants to help with testing the build (when I get the time), please contact me by the e-mail on wavemanuel.io :) Thanks!
I would very much like to test the build on my Phenom II X4 925, as I stated, to take part in this month's OSC. So the sooner you manage, the better for me :wink:

Edit: just submitted an email.

Loading AU and VST into Live 11 crashes the DAW on Apple M1 Max MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021)
Monterey 12.6

jasinski wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:30 pm Loading AU and VST into Live 11 crashes the DAW on Apple M1 Max MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021)
Monterey 12.6
Thanks for the info, I'll look into this!

I'd be happy to test out a build if you need. :tu:

SeBaer wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:20 pm
PauliIndie wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:01 pm If someone wants to help with testing the build (when I get the time), please contact me by the e-mail on wavemanuel.io :) Thanks!
I would very much like to test the build on my Phenom II X4 925, as I stated, to take part in this month's OSC. So the sooner you manage, the better for me :wink:

Edit: just submitted an email.
Notice that Phenoms don't support SSE4. I had to update because of that.

PauliIndie wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:06 am I understood there will be official wrappers from Clap team for this.
The VST3 one seems to be ready:
https://github.com/free-audio/clap-wrapper

This synth rules!!! I love using it and messing around. It's intuitive and easy and mellow sounding. The oscilloscope thing is cool!

A couple additions that I think would make this the perfect little synth:

- an envelope modulator for Pitch, like there is for Saturation, Filter, FM, etc. Just an extra one of those for Pitch.
- an envelope for each of the LFO's (maybe right click on an LFO and an envelope pops up for that LFO)
- a "delay" parameter for the Vibrato, Roland style!
- A delay parameter for all the modulation envelopes. This can *kind of* be achieve by adjusting the attack curve, but then you're locked into a certain attack shape
- glide and legato
Last edited by briefcasemanx on Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”