One Synth Challenge #166: Wave Manuel (mmGhost Wins!!!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PauliIndie wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:38 pm WM developer here!

Sorry to hear about crashes, I haven't tested WM on Cakewalk, FLStudio and Cantabile. I'll investigate and try to fix the issues. I've been working on updated UI and audio engine improvements but the reported bugs are first priority now!

Thank you for your interest in Wave Manuel!
Hi! Great to have you on board :tu:
Thanks for giving us a synth with an interestingly different approach. I am sure folks here will push it to the limits and test it to destruction. I hope you will gain as much from this OSC as we will.

It's working here on bitwig studio on windows 10. My only issue so far is patch saving, but I do have a workaround using bitwig to save and explorer to reload via vst3presets.

RichardSemper wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:21 pm Thanks for giving us a synth with an interestingly different approach. I am sure folks here will push it to the limits and test it to destruction. I hope you will gain as much from this OSC as we will.

It's working here on bitwig studio on windows 10. My only issue so far is patch saving, but I do have a workaround using bitwig to save and explorer to reload via vst3presets.
Great! I'm really excited to hear people's experiences with the synth - and especially what kind of sounds they get out of it :)

All feedback is welcome, I'm trying to develop Wave Manuel to be an useful and inspirational tool for synth lovers! Cheers!

photonic wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:24 pm Instant crash on Reaper when I load the instrument.
So I am out. See you next year!
No problems at all for me with Reaper ... 11 instances with ReaEQ and some OTT's ... no crashes, and saving presets via Reaper's "export vst3 preset" menu (it also loads back OK).

Percussion is going to be a pain ... I am going for a oriental feel track, so a bangin' perc is not required!!!!!!!!

dB

PauliIndie wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:38 pm WM developer here!

Sorry to hear about crashes, I haven't tested WM on Cakewalk, FLStudio and Cantabile. I'll investigate and try to fix the issues. I've been working on updated UI and audio engine improvements but the reported bugs are first priority now!

Thank you for your interest in Wave Manuel!
I am glad to welcome you here! Despite the technical problems, I am very impressed with the sound and architecture of Wave Manuel! Here's what I can say so far about working with this synthesizer in Cakewalk on Windows 7 64Bit:
- I get an instant crash if I play on one instance and switch to another, or if I record a melody for one instance and then try to record for the second. I will still try to write a composition with individual tracks bouncing in it. If a solution to the problem appears within a month, it will be great!
- Most of the other participants' problems now seem to be related to AVX or Mac M1. Check out the Wave Manuel branch on KVR.

++++ Submission ++++
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/holy ... llect-free

Who said, that you cannot do drums/percussions with it? Okay It's not perfect, but I think my rhythm section is not to bad... enough for ending up where I end up in the line up.

And as I alreay stated - The Synth works like a charm in Bitwig 4.4.1 and 4.4.4 on my Win10 and Win11 systems. Thanks Mr. Manuel! Great Synth. At first sight I sighed ... but then Manuell an me quickly became friends.

Details:
~25 Instances of WM, ValhallaSuperMassive, ISOL8, OTT, Loudmax, Bitwig EQ, Compressor, Delays, Dynamics, MTremolo, no extra Saturation or super aggressive/fast Compressors to add harmonics. All Patches from Init.
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:34 am, edited 7 times in total.

IV! wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:42 pm I am glad to welcome you here! Despite the technical problems, I am very impressed with the sound and architecture of Wave Manuel! Here's what I can say so far about working with this synthesizer in Cakewalk on Windows 7 64Bit:
Sorry, Windows 7 is not officially supported. iPlug2 framework's minimum target is Windows 8.

Mac M1 has been tested to be working on some hosts (Live, Garageband at least). I'm on Intel Mac myself but getting M1 soon to make sure there's minimum amount of issues. And to speed up building too :)

On Fl Studio, it works perfectly.
It just crashed once, the software shut down all at once.
It is possible to make percussion, but it is hard.

I tested Manuel and used it for the main soft pad in this little ambient piece today. I automated the lfo gently back and forth to create some "sparkling" movement and variation – Manuel was perfect for this use.

https://mountaine.bandcamp.com/track/vergence
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Can you let us know when the version that works with Mac M1 is ready to download?
I'd love to try out the synth.
PauliIndie wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:28 pm
IV! wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:42 pm I am glad to welcome you here! Despite the technical problems, I am very impressed with the sound and architecture of Wave Manuel! Here's what I can say so far about working with this synthesizer in Cakewalk on Windows 7 64Bit:
Sorry, Windows 7 is not officially supported. iPlug2 framework's minimum target is Windows 8.

Mac M1 has been tested to be working on some hosts (Live, Garageband at least). I'm on Intel Mac myself but getting M1 soon to make sure there's minimum amount of issues. And to speed up building too :)

jasinski wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:51 am Can you let us know when the version that works with Mac M1 is ready to download?
I'd love to try out the synth.
'

The current version 1.0.8 should work for most (?) people with M1, check it out! But if it fails, please report your setup (os, cpu, host) on WM thread or by e-mail. Thanks!

Download (Mac version) took very long (about 25 mins!) and got interrupted multiple times.

It might help not to host the files on your Wordpress webspace only and offer alternative download possibilities.

Thanks for the synth. Going to try it out soon. :)

The synth crashed Reaper pretty quick, but seems to have magically stabilized itself and hasn't crashed again (knock on wood)

It's a weird little thing, but I'm liking it's timbres. Got a little old school r&b wip started.
https://soundcloud.com/the-never-scene/ ... al_sharing
Last edited by TheNeverScene on Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

schiing wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:18 pm I tested Manuel and used it for the main soft pad in this little ambient piece today. I automated the lfo gently back and forth to create some "sparkling" movement and variation – Manuel was perfect for this use.

https://mountaine.bandcamp.com/track/vergence
That track whisked me away into Pink Floyd-ville......which is one of my favorite villes
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

I can confirm, that version 1.08 works on my Macbook Pro M2 and Monterey.
But it seems the envelopes for Symmetry, Saturation, Shaping and FM only set the sustain level. The Attack/Decay/Release settings do nothing and are either fast or non existent at all... The envelopes for Filter and Amp work as expected and also show its movement...
I could not get pitch bend working at all...
I am on Bitwig 4.4.4. if that matters...
Last edited by Tj Shredder on Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

This is all working for me with v1.08 VST3 on MBP M1 / Monterey / Reaper.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

Return to “Instruments”