Devious Machines Infiltrator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Infiltrator

commerce wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:38 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:21 pm Hi, I am still thinking about getting PitchMonster although I have Manipulator. I demoed PitchMonster and thought it was good but perhaps not for me given what I already have - What do you see as the big differences between PitchMonster and Manipulator? Where are you using one as against the other?
thanks.
I guess you do not need both.
I just liked both, but I have not use them much yet.
Just watch some YouTube reviews/tutorials.
I'd voted for both. Recently grabbed PitchMonster (i have Manipulator too) after better digging his capabilities. Tried to convince myself that i already had enough pitchshifters, but it turned out to be a more than just. Being contain such as jitters for some parameters and granular mode with spread in time, PM can do as well pretty interesting delay textures with little timing, so can achieve things starting like unusual time\tone glitchment up to like complex diffusion (with unisson feature here).
Although haven't load Manipulator for a long time for could compare in mind, but i believe that the described time-based behavior does not intersect.
Another PM thing is a huge set of chord presets (including variations in memory cells section), what interchangeable stuff maybe, but really handy made here (+ do not forget vocoder mode).

Infiltrator has been updated to version 2.1.6. I haven't had time to try it out today, so I'm unable to write about any new features or bug fixes. I'll definitely check it out later this evening.

The midi bug I reported is fixed! Thank you!

Version 2.1 of Infiltrator contains several new features, tweaks and a couple of bug fixes.

The new features include:

Favourite presets – curate your own favourite preset list and add any preset to your list with a single click.
Quality mode – choose from “Eco” to save CPU, “Normal” or “High” for maximum audio quality
Smoother preset loading – avoids glitches and level jumps
Oscilloscope – view the audio waveform displayed behind envelope when editing
Improved latency compensation
Quality mode and latency compensation can each be toggled to set compensation on individual Infiltrator plug-ins or globally across all instances
Random envelope button now reveals a popup menu displaying envelope types
Reduced CPU and memory load
MIDI through bug fixed

Nice!

Is it just me or do some fonts/icons in Infiltrator 2 look more blurry compared to Infiltrator 1 on size 125%?

Especially on the effect bar or when selecting an effect, the effect names are quite blurry.

What's not blurry is eg. the effect parameters in the bottom part, like Glide/Ping-Pong/Gain/Mix
On the left the "Audio Env" is blurry against these parameters.

I attached a screenshot, but you need to open it in a new window to see it, since KVR resizes the file to fit into this post:
infiltrator 2 blury.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you - I'll have a look into the slight blur for the next version. It's very annoying. I think I know what causes it but it's tricky to fix without hurting the performance.

jcredland wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:13 pm Thank you - I'll have a look into the slight blur for the next version. It's very annoying. I think I know what causes it but it's tricky to fix without hurting the performance.
Thanks for looking into it.
Personally I prefer sharp fonts without any "smoothing". I usually disable this feature in Windows.

Would be good to have an option to be able to disable it in Infiltrator too (I know many people have problems with smooth fonts, especially on resolutions from FULL hd and lower)

How does the KVR version number get updated? I use this feature of KVR to keep informed of when my plugins are updated but it's still showing 2.0.23 for Infiltrator and not showing this update.

You know what - I have no idea :). I'll see if I can figure it out!

Maybe we could get an in-plugin update check, would be dope :D

It's already done. I just hadn't bumped the version number on the server. Now fixed :)

jcredland wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:03 pm It's already done. I just hadn't bumped the version number on the server. Now fixed :)
Sorry, do you mean you have added in-plugin update check in a new version and that is available now? I am on 2.1.6 and see the same here https://deviousmachines.com/infiltrator-downloads/

I fixed the in-plugin update notification so if you are on a version before 2.1.6 you'll now get a small red dot next to the menu :)

jcredland wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:56 pm I fixed the in-plugin update notification so if you are on a version before 2.1.6 you'll now get a small red dot next to the menu :)
Okay, that's nice. Thank you. :)

Return to “Effects”