Vital - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital Vital Ascendant (Vital Content Pack)

LFO8 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:59 pm All synths have their strengths and weaknesses, but certainly a LOT can be done in Vital. You could make tons of music using that synth alone. Great for learning programming your own patches for people just starting out (who often fall into the trap of buying a lot of synths for their presets).
and after that a lot of presets for their synths :lol:

LFO8 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:59 pm
darkinners wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:03 pm
LFO8 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:36 am Are most here still loving Vital? Very capable. Sometimes I like to match the sound with other synths and create oscillator templates like that.
https://youtu.be/f7eKG07mw4g

Currently also working on a preset bank for Vital.
Very nice work, Sylenth and Vital sound almost 100% identical and I think Vital sound even better than Omnisphere.
Dune VS Vital however I prefer Dune but probably Vital's white noise slightly higher volume give me the feeling that Vital sound a little bit harsher and Dune sound a bit fatter.
Thanks.. I wouldn't say 100% identical. Some things just can't be replicated to a full 100% due to differences between how Omnisphere, Sylenth etc handles voicing, unison etc. I could get them close and these will still give you starting places in Vital to make 'Sounds Like' sounds, but my trained ears (and many others I assume) can pick up the subtle differences between them (those subtle differences will be negligible to a lot of people). Which is why I keep Sylenth and Omnisphere around.

Workflow wise Vital is a winner for me. But if I want that 100 sound character that is unique to Sylenth or Omnisphere I pick them.

All synths have their strengths and weaknesses, but certainly a LOT can be done in Vital. You could make tons of music using that synth alone. Great for learning programming your own patches for people just starting out (who often fall into the trap of buying a lot of synths for their presets).
I agree, hence the “almost”
There are difference but close enough and those difference won’t be heard in a full mix most of the time

LFO8 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:59 pm
LFO8 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:36 am Are most here still loving Vital? Very capable. Sometimes I like to match the sound with other synths and create oscillator templates like that.

Very nice work, Sylenth and Vital sound almost 100% identical and I think Vital sound even better than Omnisphere.
Dune VS Vital however I prefer Dune but probably Vital's white noise slightly higher volume give me the feeling that Vital sound a little bit harsher and Dune sound a bit fatter.
Thanks.. I wouldn't say 100% identical. Some things just can't be replicated to a full 100% due to differences between how Omnisphere, Sylenth etc handles voicing, unison etc. I could get them close and these will still give you starting places in Vital to make 'Sounds Like' sounds, but my trained ears (and many others I assume) can pick up the subtle differences between them (those subtle differences will be negligible to a lot of people). Which is why I keep Sylenth and Omnisphere around.

Workflow wise Vital is a winner for me. But if I want that sound character that is unique to Sylenth or Omnisphere (with the full scope of subtleties) I pick them.

All synths have their strengths and weaknesses, but certainly a LOT can be done in Vital. You could make tons of music using that synth alone. Great for learning programming your own patches for people just starting out (who often fall into the trap of buying a lot of synths for their presets).

For me Vital is 'Vital -- it replaced every synth I own both hardware and software, and I couldn't be happier. I don't use presets, the creative workflow designing sounds within Vital jives with me like no other synth I've had over the last 30 years.

Does it faithfully replicate every type of sound out there perfectly or mimic every synth tech possible? No. But it gets you where you about want to be with minimal (and enjoyable) tweaking fuss, always ends up sounding great, and often surprises you along the way.
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:08 pm

For me Vital is 'Vital -- it replaced every synth I own both hardware and software, and I couldn't be happier. I don't use presets, the creative workflow designing sounds within Vital jives with me like no other synth I've had over the last 30 years.

Does it faithfully replicate every type of sound out there perfectly or mimic every synth tech possible? No. But it gets you where you about want to be with minimal (and enjoyable) tweaking fuss, always ends up sounding great, and often surprises you along the way.
My thoughts also. And we can customise it's appearance to our own personal liking! I mean, what's not to like? :party: :borg:

darkinners wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:55 pm
fisherKing wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:40 pm

maybe on your planet. but here, sylenth1 and vital are entirely different beasts (both great). really, not sure how anyone could confuse the sound of the two...
Before you make that comment did you bother to watch the video? if you did and thought the Sylenth and Vital sound completely different, I don't know what to say other than perhaps you are probably one of the Avengers with some kind of superhuman hearing and indeed from another planet.
having both plugins, it's easy for me to do my own comparison. and i stand by my comments.

Some sounds are so easy to do with just simple use of a comb filter:
https://youtu.be/vDDWoeCq0hI

maybe on your planet. but here, sylenth1 and vital are entirely different beasts (both great). really, not sure how anyone could confuse the sound of the two...
We're all on the same planet... you're off in your own ego land. They did sound almost identical in the referred video that you didn't even bother listening to before you went on the attack.

pdxindy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:23 pm

We're all on the same planet... you're off in your own ego land. They did sound almost identical in the referred video that you didn't even bother listening to before you went on the attack.
can they make similar sounds? sure... lots of plugins can do that. but they can be extremely different as well.

my point is... they can sound identical, but also very different. nothing to do with ego. and i apologize if you felt attacked.

HcDoom wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:39 pm Can someone recommend some high quality Vital preset packs (not free) that cover regular trance, ambient, drone, techno, hardstyle sounds?
Trance: Demis Hellen comes to mind.
Maybe check out his YouTube channel and listen if there is something for you:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PFEdvXSVYrA

He also has some nice tutorials in YouTube.

HcDoom wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:39 pm Can someone recommend some high quality Vital preset packs (not free) that cover regular trance, ambient, drone, techno, hardstyle sounds?

More psybient: https://www.luftrum.com/vital-presets-hyperion/

Also KVR has a list of presets for vital
Last edited by Reverend Rhythm on Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Psuper wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:08 pm
I'm curious, did you end up selling all of your other software/hardware synths? Or retain them for old projects, but only use Vital for new projects?

I've often thought Vital is capable of being the only synth I need/use, but haven't committed to that theory, in part because I do use presets, but at the same time there's a part of me that considers abandoning that use of presets.

I think that it is better to use a few different synths so that you can get more variations in the textures and a more interesting tonal tapestry...

After all...An orchestra is not made up of 84 violins 🥳
No auto tune...

I downloaded free ages ago, I will try it again soon.

digitalboytn wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:07 am I think that it is better to use a few different synths so that you can get more variations in the textures and a more interesting tonal tapestry...

After all...An orchestra is not made up of 84 violins 🥳
Fully agree on having a few synths for different type of go-to's. To be fair, you can't program any different timbres on a violin. You can with a synth. Certainly a synth like Vital, but also Zebra, Serum, Omnisphere and the likes can cover a vast scope of timbres. But in the end, you can still appreciate the differences in sound between synths enough to keep a few. Also workflow may facilitate sounds you would not a quickly have thought of in that other synth etc.

To make a car analogy; A Lada or a Porche both get you from point A to B. And surely no one on earth needs a Porshe to go grocery shopping, but it sure as hell provides a very different ride :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”