AudioThing Fog Convolver v2.2 - Creative Convolution Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

heyheycnv wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:00 pm I cannot load any impulse into IR2 from the browser. I have IR2 selected but when I choose an impulse it defaults over to IR1 and places it there.
I've tried running as admin, locking all parameters except IR loading, turning IR1 off. I cannot find any documentation steps on what I need to do.
The browser in Fog Convolver is a collection of presets and not just impulses. If you click on a preset in the browser, it just loads its settings (so most likely an IR in the first slot).
If you want to load an IR into IR2 from the browser, you can drag and drop from the IR column in the browser (the one with a file icon) into the slot you want.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Another small nitpick, but where more than 1 category exists, I think having an "All" option up top under the category column would be helpful. Once you click on a category, if you want to see all categories, you have to click on the bank name. I think an "All" option would save some mouse travel and be a little more intuitive.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:52 am Another small nitpick, but where more than 1 category exists, I think having an "All" option up top under the category column would be helpful. Once you click on a category, if you want to see all categories, you have to click on the bank name. I think an "All" option would save some mouse travel and be a little more intuitive.
You can click on the Deselect button (the third on the right) at the bottom of the category list. When no categories are selected, all categories are displayed.

how do you start with a default to load own samples in?

Biome_Digital wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:42 pm how do you start with a default to load own samples in?
You can use any preset you want as a starting point. The first one that Fog loads it's pretty basic, you can start using that as a base preset.

Update v2.1
You can download the update from your user area.

Changelog:
  • Added: macOS 13 Ventura support
  • Added: Windows 11 support
  • Added: Linux VST2, VST3, CLAP plugin formats
  • Added: New setting “Mute IR when Bypassed”
  • Added: New setting “Search subfolders for presets” (to improve retrocompatibility)
  • Added: Banks and Categories lists resizers
  • Added: Rating reset per preset
  • Added: Set Author for all presets
  • Added: Tooltip text to show full name and duration in the waveform monitor
  • Added: Warning message before deleting a preset
  • Added: More IRs to Unusual bank
  • Added: Load Sample option from the Waveform (useful if Drag and Drop doesn’t work)
  • Improved: Loading time for big banks
  • Improved: Import window now remembers the source folder
  • Improved: Importing true stereo files now checks for multiple files
  • Improved: Browser configuration is now saved globally
  • Improved: Top bar preset box now ignores folders with no presets
  • Fixed: Crash when scrolling the browser too quickly
  • Fixed: Potential issue when loading empty impulse responses
  • Fixed: EQ Parameter Lock not working properly
  • Fixed: Sample rate not updated correctly during bouncing in some hosts
  • Fixed: Compatibility with macOS 10.11 and 10.12

:tu:

:tu: :party:

8) :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

I have made a NKS template for use with this and had hoped to be able to save out the presets as NKS files to organise them in Komplete Kontrol but unfortunately it appears whatever is saved ends up with the path to where my IRs are locked in and consequently if someone else tries to open it you get a IR not found message, even with just factory patches which they will have the IRs for. Is there a way round this?

aMUSEd wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:59 am I have made a NKS template for use with this and had hoped to be able to save out the presets as NKS files to organise them in Komplete Kontrol but unfortunately it appears whatever is saved ends up with the path to where my IRs are locked in and consequently if someone else tries to open it you get a IR not found message, even with just factory patches which they will have the IRs for. Is there a way round this?
The path to the IRs should be relative to the preset path. You can also edit each atp file with a text editor and remove the path if you want. It's a simple XML, the first two parameters are called WaveFile and WaveFile2.

I would have thought so but Komplete Kontrol seems to save absolute paths in the NKS files

aMUSEd wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:16 pm I would have thought so but Komplete Kontrol seems to save absolute paths in the NKS files
Are the samples located on a different drive?

audiothing wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:54 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:16 pm I would have thought so but Komplete Kontrol seems to save absolute paths in the NKS files
Are the samples located on a different drive?
Not for factory sounds

How do we add our own pictures to the presets?

Return to “Effects”