FL Studio 21 RC is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Usually people complain if someone starts a new thread “ooh why did you start a new thread you could have asked that in the old thread oooh why why whyyyyyy!?!” :D

If you start a new thread: complains & whining. If you ask in old thread: complain & whining. The eternal loop of KVR forums :D

simmo75 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:39 pm It looks like it’s not possible to assign a different audio input and output though, which would be a shame and pretty unusual for a DAW.
We must use different DAWs because none of the ones I use seem to have the ability to use different devices for input and output; it's just selection of an audio device. Or maybe it's an OS thing? I've got Waveform, Reaper, Bitwig (8-track), and StudioOne (2.6) and I can't find anything in them that indicates they can use multiple audio devices. Which DAWs do have that ability?

I believe there are custom drivers that can combine devices but that would be outside the DAW.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Bartone wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:06 pm Usually people complain if someone starts a new thread “ooh why did you start a new thread you could have asked that in the old thread oooh why why whyyyyyy!?!” :D

If you start a new thread: complains & whining. If you ask in old thread: complain & whining. The eternal loop of KVR forums :D
Not to mention people whining about people whining. That's always on-topic. ;-)
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:31 pm I believe there are custom drivers that can combine devices but that would be outside the DAW.
ASIO4ALL can do it, and MacOS (aggregate device).
Some audio interface drivers can combine multiple devices (of the same brand), RME e.g.

pough wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:31 pm
simmo75 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:39 pm It looks like it’s not possible to assign a different audio input and output though, which would be a shame and pretty unusual for a DAW.
We must use different DAWs because none of the ones I use seem to have the ability to use different devices for input and output; it's just selection of an audio device. Or maybe it's an OS thing? I've got Waveform, Reaper, Bitwig (8-track), and StudioOne (2.6) and I can't find anything in them that indicates they can use multiple audio devices. Which DAWs do have that ability?

I believe there are custom drivers that can combine devices but that would be outside the DAW.
I'm on mac, and Live 11, Bitwig 4, Logic Pro, Studio One & Reaper all allow choice of audio input and output selection in preferences. It's necessary in my studio for using 32 track recording.

simmo75 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:15 pm I'm on mac, and Live 11, Bitwig 4, Logic Pro, Studio One & Reaper all allow choice of audio input and output selection in preferences. It's necessary in my studio for using 64 track recording.
Your DAWs can't use inputs/outputs from multiple/different audio interfaces without first creating an aggregate device in your Apple OS.
If you can't access different inputs/outputs on the same device from FL Studio 21 RC... I can't help you. A bug in the (Mac version) of the RC? Does it work an in older (Mac) version of FL? (It works fine in my Windows version of 20.9)

T-CM11 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:20 pm
simmo75 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:15 pm I'm on mac, and Live 11, Bitwig 4, Logic Pro, Studio One & Reaper all allow choice of audio input and output selection in preferences. It's necessary in my studio for using 64 track recording.
Your DAWs can't use inputs/outputs from multiple/different audio interfaces without first creating an aggregate device in your Apple OS.
If you can't access different inputs/outputs on the same device from FL Studio 21 RC... I can't help you. A bug in the (Mac version) of the RC? Does it work an in older (Mac) version of FL? (It works fine in my Windows version of 20.9)
Maybe i'm not explaining myself correctly...

I need to, and can on all my other DAW's select a different recording device, to my playback device. Studio One for example, I simply have two drop down menus, one for playback device and the other for recording device, so the system is set for 2 different devices.

But FL 21 RC only offers the option of one drop down menu to select a single device. I think the only it would work is with a single aggregate device but that is not an option with the studio config.

I'll drop Image-Line support a message.

simmo75 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:55 pm Maybe i'm not explaining myself correctly...

I need to, and can on all my other DAW's select a different recording device, to my playback device. Studio One for example, I simply have two drop down menus, one for playback device and the other for recording device, so the system is set for 2 different devices.

But FL 21 RC only offers the option of one drop down menu to select a single device. I think the only it would work is with a single aggregate device but that is not an option with the studio config.

I'll drop Image-Line support a message.
No, you're not explaining yourself well. Start with explaining the word "device". What is it, according to you?

Finally got FL Studio Producer with a 25% discount. Started porting my last unfinished Studio One project to FL Studio. Loving it so far and basically in a few hours got used to its workflow. It is way more powerful than Studio One. The function "make a unique pattern" makes transition from S1 to FL Studio painless.
Amazing stock plugins :love:

Bartone wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:06 pm Usually people complain if someone starts a new thread “ooh why did you start a new thread you could have asked that in the old thread oooh why why whyyyyyy!?!” :D

This prevents thread 'Hijacking' as seen above. Their conversation is completely off-topic and should be relegated to another thread.

It´s officially released now!

Looks kinda rushed but nonetheless im still glad its out.

So I trialed this a few days ago;

1.why is a 2nd display not supported? The AU version is better, you candrop the GUI on a 2nd display.
2. The track/step sequencer UI is really small, I can adjust GUI settings but then everything blows up.
3. The Drum plug (drummax or so?) is so small it is in fact unusable ona 4k display.

I like the stepsequencer etc, but above mentioned points stopped my will to further explore.
I even tried the plugin just as a drumseq in Logic, but it is too damn small.

You guys are okay with that?

Septic Underground wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:07 pm So I trialed this a few days ago;

1.why is a 2nd display not supported? The AU version is better, you candrop the GUI on a 2nd display.
2. The track/step sequencer UI is really small, I can adjust GUI settings but then everything blows up.
3. The Drum plug (drummax or so?) is so small it is in fact unusable ona 4k display.

I like the stepsequencer etc, but above mentioned points stopped my will to further explore.
I even tried the plugin just as a drumseq in Logic, but it is too damn small.

You guys are okay with that?
1. I only use one screen so never knew this was an issue.
2&3. Not sure what to tell you, looks fine on Windows with a 4k screen.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”