Importing/Loading Sonik Synth 2, Sampletank2 etc. Presets in Sampletank 3/4?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi, i could import succesfully all old instruments but yeah it is a pain to re-create my presets in Sampletank 4.... is it possible somehow to load the old presets or convert them?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Having the same issue and I didn't find any solution other than when importing legacy libraries with ST3 usually you can fix silent or very low sounding patches by going to edit tab and adjusting/bypassing the "Filter" and/or adjusting the "Velocity to Filter" and "Velocity to Amp" parameters.

phankiejankie303 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:28 am Having the same issue and I didn't find any solution other than when importing legacy libraries with ST3 usually you can fix silent or very low sounding patches by going to edit tab and adjusting/bypassing the "Filter" and/or adjusting the "Velocity to Filter" and "Velocity to Amp" parameters.
thx mate, it is a heavy pain like all with IKM... i created some presets and also when i load the Multis/Combis you cannot do this in ST3 or ST4 it seems, recreating those is just nonsense... i also asked on IKM Board... hope they can help but i dont see any load presets or whatever, i fear the worst...
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

As phankiejankie303 posted above, the only way is to Import them in to ST3. But I found out by chance that some do not sound 100% the same
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Yes, old patches won't sound the same. Errors while importing some old ST2 sounds caused by the different modules (filter, amp, pitch), and different effect section.
Some sounds will be transposed one full step down or up, some will have vibrato added, some others will have the filter closed. You have to manually adjust.

i imported all via ST3 and then set the library in ST4 but i dont see how to load the COMBIs?

Caine123 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:21 pm i imported all via ST3 and then set the library in ST4 but i dont see how to load the COMBIs?
As far as I can remember, I think I manually copied my user presets from the ST2 folder to the ST4 user folder.

JohnPativens wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:04 pm
Caine123 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:21 pm i imported all via ST3 and then set the library in ST4 but i dont see how to load the COMBIs?
As far as I can remember, I think I manually copied my user presets from the ST2 folder to the ST4 user folder.
thx, do you maybe remember where the user folder is? in which?
the old preset files are named *.ikmp

Caine123 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:58 pm
JohnPativens wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:04 pm
thx, do you maybe remember where the user folder is? in which?
the old preset files are named *.ikmp
It's been a while since then but a few locations come to mind: Document folder, under IKmultimedia, Sampletank, Multis. Also the common files folder could contain such a thing.

I think that you need to Import the Combis , using ST3, which will convert them to ST3 Multis.

And the |Import errors are a disappointment. :(
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

thx guys, i will check if ST3 finds these presets and if so if you can easily resave them. it seems i got less projects saved with SampleTron, SampleMoog, Sonik Synth 2 and SampleTank2 than i thought around 15, i recreated 2 projects with SampleTank4 so far which is just tedious and tiresome. the sound is nearly identical with SampleTron and SampleMoog so far.

Sadly SampleTank4 is unstable for like all IKM products, randomly crashes FL20, freezes for 30 secs if you have 2 instances GUI active at the same time.... well i hope to abandon their stuff soon after having exported everything, or maybe recreated their sounds maybe with other synths/romplers.

Yes, I like some features of ST4 but on my system is a bit of a resource hog. Also ST2 had a specific vibe and sound that I can't completely recreate on ST3 or 4. It's like the last versions became generic, more detailed and capable but less recognizable at the same time. Maybe it's a psychological thing, but it's the same as Korg did with the Trinity workstation and its evolution to Triton Extreme, Oasys etc...

Anyway I remember I used ST3 to convert my old XT expansions, but can't remember if it was necessary to convert the old Multis also.

this is so laughable.... in ST4 it shows the instruments but no multis/combis. in ST3 i imported the whole instruments and they got created. but, these arent shown in ST3 at all. i reload the library etc. nothing happens. it just doesnt find any instruments :D. why is everything with IKM so buggy and unlogical?

well im going back manually recreating my presets, i guess this is still faster than trying to figure this crap out.

LOL the Legacy Grand instrument from Sonik Synth 2 imported in SampleTank 4 has not all samples/multisamples + it is different tuned :D. i really need to make some videos how crappy this is. everything is so inconsistent in the library. nothing works like it should or you expect.

also a lot of samples/instruments sound in ST4 different because the LP filter is on! another thing which i found out and just cannot understand.

oh and the mapping is sometimes different too :D.

EDIT:
if you duplicate in FL20 an instance from ST4 the LP Filter gets automatically adjusted :D

Caine123 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:34 pm LOL the Legacy Grand instrument from Sonik Synth 2 imported in SampleTank 4 has not all samples/multisamples + it is different tuned :D. i really need to make some videos how crappy this is. everything is so inconsistent in the library. nothing works like it should or you expect.

also a lot of samples/instruments sound in ST4 different because the LP filter is on! another thing which i found out and just cannot understand.

oh and the mapping is sometimes different too :D.

EDIT:
if you duplicate in FL20 an instance from ST4 the LP Filter gets automatically adjusted :D
Yes, all those problems I reported years ago. That's mostly abandonware at this point. I'd still use Sampletank 2.5 for the legacy libraries if it wasn't 32bits only.

Return to “Instruments”