Dawesome Kult (Release Dec 22)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greenstorm33 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:03 am
Boy Wonder wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:54 am Is this a new type of synthesis, "strange attractors", or has that been done before? I'll definitely keep my eyes open for this. Sounds gorgeous for ambient stuff.
I don't claim to understand the math but it seems maybe a bit similar to Newfangled Audio's Generate.
Yes very much so - although it sounds a bit 'tamer' and smoother to me but the video is just a snapshot

Boy Wonder wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:54 am Is this a new type of synthesis, "strange attractors", or has that been done before? I'll definitely keep my eyes open for this. Sounds gorgeous for ambient stuff.
There had been some attempts to have strange attractors as oscillators. Its something to achieve easier in hardware. Its a term from chaos theory. Generate can have some chaotic behavior, but its only two oscillators influencing each other and thus similar to a two body problem and calculatable, whereas strange attractors are not…

nanostream wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:02 am Strange Attractor based synths or modulation devices have been around for ages. If you own Reaktor or Max (for Live) you can try them for free, they’re easy to find. Kult looks nice still. It’s all about the interface and controls, which seem very well done.
Exactly, it's a concept that has been tried before and with several variations (like Cadmium), but here the UI seems clean and friendly and the implementation sounds very smooth... at least based on watching a couple of videos.

I loved Cadmium, shame it fizzled out...

the first chaotic approach (well not really, but still within margins of first...) (and well my first....) of Dawesome KULT, a beta version of course...
with some live patching (the last 7 minutes), and some live repatchting...

https://youtu.be/SuwW7ZB6zbs

jules99 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:19 am The oscillator's description reminds me of how Newfangled Audio describes Generator.

That's what I thought too and it even looks and sounds like it.

The visual representation of the oscillators calls to mind Metaphysical Function...I always like that instrument.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

WasteLand wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:41 pm the first chaotic approach (well not really, but still within margins of first...) (and well my first....) of Dawesome KULT, a beta version of course...
with some live patching (the last 7 minutes), and some live repatchting...

https://youtu.be/SuwW7ZB6zbs
First 7 minutes sold me on Kult.

kraster wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:17 pm
jules99 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:19 am The oscillator's description reminds me of how Newfangled Audio describes Generator.

Yeh, I already have Generator so have to see how different this is.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:30 pm

Hopefully it can have more than one tone to it, unlike generator, which I demoed for a week and everything I tried ended up sounding good but very same-y.

Apparently Generator doesn't actually have FM... whereas Kult (like some previous synths) uses the strange attractors for FM.

WasteLand wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:41 pm https://youtu.be/SuwW7ZB6zbs
From first minutes reminded me Enzyme by hys nice timbre lol (ok need check whole vid).

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:09 pm

Hopefully it can have more than one tone to it, unlike generator, which I demoed for a week and everything I tried ended up sounding good but very same-y.
It appears to have quite a few more waveforms to select from. I own generate and it is one of the most unique vsts I own, and I own a lot of them, but I have to say I agree with you. The results from that synth sound great, but there is a lack of diversity in the overall pallette that I get from it. It does stuff that I can't get out of other synths though. Kult looks like it offers up a potentially wider sound pallette in a similar, yet different, style.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

nice or nice, great walkthrough of some presets from third party sounddesigners for KULT:

https://youtu.be/FfUFrzHiJik

^ some really great sounds there. I'm looking forward to demoing this.

Return to “Instruments”