Vital - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital Vital Ascendant (Vital Content Pack)

Of you don’t like the sound of the init Saw wave table, import another one or make one. Isn’t that the whole premise of a wave table synth?

LFO8 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:00 pm Of you don’t like the sound of the init Saw wave table, import another one or make one. Isn’t that the whole premise of a wave table synth?
:tu:
Makes one wonder doesn't it... a nothingburger to me.

But hey, each to their own. Plenty other synths out there that cost far more with less accessible workflows, and if their default SAW sounds better to them, great!
Have you tried Vital?

Vital sounds fine. If you use the FM, then upping the oversampling gives a clearer result. Otherwise 2X (default) is generally sufficient.

The high end is brighter and less rolled off than a number of other synths, but that is so easy to attend to. That is not an issue imo. For me, the sound of Vital is on the bland side. Just doesn't, by default, have a lot of character. Because it has a fairly unique set of tools, I use it regularly and put in the effort to juice up the sound a bit.

El°HYM wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:56 am Vital is actually a pretty terrible sounding Synth.
Uninstalled!!! :lol:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

El°HYM wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:56 am I have to agree that Vital does indeed sound super harsh in the upper register. Also the Tips already mentioned here can help, like setting OS to 4x or even 8x, higher SR in your Daw and not to forget to set Hi-res Wavetable active. Without those Tweaks, which cause quite some Cpu consumption, Vital is actually a pretty terrible sounding Synth.
zzz00m wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:56 pm
El°HYM wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:56 am Vital is actually a pretty terrible sounding Synth.
So whats your point here, that Vital sounds better with no Oversampling and Eco Wavetable - mode? Or just uselessly trolling around to get some urgently needed Applause. :clap:
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

El°HYM wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:03 pm
El°HYM wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:56 am I have to agree that Vital does indeed sound super harsh in the upper register. Also the Tips already mentioned here can help, like setting OS to 4x or even 8x, higher SR in your Daw and not to forget to set Hi-res Wavetable active. Without those Tweaks, which cause quite some Cpu consumption, Vital is actually a pretty terrible sounding Synth.
zzz00m wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:56 pm
So whats your point here, that Vital sounds better with no Oversampling and Eco Wavetable - mode? Or just uselessly trolling around to get some urgently needed Applause. :clap:
Hey, relax a bit! That's just a joke. Where's your sense of humor?
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Uninstalled. Formatted the C drive. Burned the laptop on fire. Fixed.

Jokes aside, as has been suggested, you can always use orher saw samples (In the Internet you can find much mellower saw waveforms extracted from many vintage synths). Or use a filter, or use a spectral filter. Honestly, to me, Vital sounds silkier than any Jupiter emulation. Any "mojo" is just a dirt (in good or bad way) than I can add later with plugins.

Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 20.38.25.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I mostly use the Abbysun #preset for testing in Vital and there is significant change in Audio - Quality from 4x or even above that. Also using the Hi-res mode does slightly improve. But I agree, maybe I should just use different kind of Saw - Waveforms. :roll:

Jokes aside, the Kazrog Synth Warmer can do wonders in taming that harsh top end, that Vital definitely has and in a pretty musical way.

Igro wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:04 pm Jokes aside, as has been suggested, you can always use orher saw samples
I just checked 5 synths, one of them Vital (others are Dune, Hive, Bazille and Bitwig's Grid). Filters bypassed. The saw waves on all of them are nearly identical, both to the ear and spectrum display. There is no meaningful difference except for Bazille which rolls off the high end a bit.

Vital doesn't sound harsh or really in any way different from Dune, Hive or the Grid.

Why not test a Sine - Wave?

El°HYM wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:48 pm Why not test a Sine - Wave?
Does it sound harsh? :D

Actually every VST sounds exact the same, its just zeros & ones in the end of the day.

Igro wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:04 pm Uninstalled. Formatted the C drive. Burned the laptop on fire. Fixed.
:lol:

That'll teach it a lesson :wink:
No auto tune...

El°HYM wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:54 pm Actually every VST sounds exact the same, its just zeros & ones in the end of the day.
False and disprovable.

Return to “Instruments”