Novation V-Station and Bass Station skins (Peak, Summit and BS2)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bass Station V-Station

I just couldn't use these instruments with the original skins, these made them usable for me, and they are absolutely gorgeous - THANK YOU :)

@branis: thank you for these. they are really well done!

thanks guys, I'm glad you enjoy them

@Branis Thanks for these, made them usable again. Great work!!!

Thank you so much. :D :hug:
I didn't know they are free now (bought both for £14.64 at PluginBoutique some time ago).
Skins look great.
They work on a Macbook Air M1 (Silicon) on Reaper.
But not in Cubase 12 (because it's 32 bit/Intel architecture).
Now if someone like you but knew to code this software made this 64 bit and with Universal code... one can dream. :borg:

Virgil wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:22 pm Thank you so much. :D :hug:
I didn't know they are free now (bought both for £14.64 at PluginBoutique some time ago).
Skins look great.
They work on a Macbook Air M1 (Silicon) on Reaper.
But not in Cubase 12 (because it's 32 bit/Intel architecture).
Now if someone like you but knew to code this software made this 64 bit and with Universal code... one can dream. :borg:
If only Novation released the code as open source I'm sure someone with the expertise would jump in. Just look at what the amazing team behind SurgeXT is doing!

Amazing! Working well in W10 on Reaper. These synths sound really well! These skins definitely will make me use them now :) Thanks a lot!

Wow, I didn't expect that we can get larger GUI than original one!
I paid for V-Station and BassStation. They are still ones of my favorite.
Thank you, great job :tu:

I swear these skins make it sound better!

Branis wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:01 pm If only Novation released the code as open source I'm sure someone with the expertise would jump in. Just look at what the amazing team behind SurgeXT is doing!
I might write them, maybe they will listen to me (no sarcasm). :pray:

Excellent skins man. Definitely revitalizes these aging vsts in a good way.

[ PS. Someone needs to gently nudge the maker of Synth1 to adapt it for skinning. ;o) ]

Virgil wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:22 pm But not in Cubase 12 (because it's 32 bit/Intel architecture).
Yes they do as they’re available as 64 bit 🤷‍♂️
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:36 pm
Virgil wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:22 pm But not in Cubase 12 (because it's 32 bit/Intel architecture).
No they don't, I've only gotten V-station but not Bass Station in 64 bit, but V is Intel architecture, if I remember correctly and crashes REAPER in a Silicon Mac.

In other words they aren't 64 bit Universal architecture.

And I am not gonna use Rosetta, I didn't buy an ARM Macbook so I can use old Intel architecture and lose 10% to 30% performance.

Silicon/ARM Macs are awesome and so responsive.

EDIT: Bass Station only installs (forcefully) AU and VST (no vst3 at all), Cubase 12 doesn't even acknowledge it exists.
V-Station includes VST3, and forcefully installs AU. Cubase just mentions the VST3 is UNSUPPORTED architecture (but it indeed is 64 bit, just not UNIVERSAL at least).

inception8a wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:55 pm[ PS. Someone needs to gently nudge the maker of Synth1 to adapt it for skinning. ;o) ]
Synth1's GUI is all vector-based so it is already highly customisable. It was the first plugin I ever saw with a resizable GUI and you can change colours, etc. to your heart's content.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Virgil wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:55 am
ramseysounds wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:36 pm
No they don't, I've only gotten V-station but not Bass Station in 64 bit, but V is Intel architecture, if I remember correctly and crashes REAPER in a Silicon Mac.

In other words they aren't 64 bit Universal architecture.

And I am not gonna use Rosetta, I didn't buy an ARM Macbook so I can use old Intel architecture and lose 10% to 30% performance.

Silicon/ARM Macs are awesome and so responsive.

EDIT: Bass Station only installs (forcefully) AU and VST (no vst3 at all), Cubase 12 doesn't even acknowledge it exists.
V-Station includes VST3, and forcefully installs AU. Cubase just mentions the VST3 is UNSUPPORTED architecture (but it indeed is 64 bit, just not UNIVERSAL at least).
Calm yourself down. So much anger. Jeez.
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Return to “Instruments”