Vital - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital Vital Ascendant (Vital Content Pack)

LFO8 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:00 pm Of you don’t like the sound of the init Saw wave table, import another one or make one. Isn’t that the whole premise of a wave table synth?
Great point unless it was moot. No matter how the saw looks, vital just have a sharp tone. The video a few pages back where a guy tried to make vital sound like both omnisphere and sylenth1, and he did a great job it was an excellent video. But it proves you wrong. Since he custom made saw waves in vital to match the ones in sylenth1 and omni. And the sharpness is very much audible.

astralprojection wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:37 pm
El°HYM wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:54 pm Actually every VST sounds exact the same, its just zeros & ones in the end of the day.
False and disprovable.
Laughable.
astralprojection wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:40 pm
LFO8 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:00 pm Of you don’t like the sound of the init Saw wave table, import another one or make one. Isn’t that the whole premise of a wave table synth?
Great point unless it was moot. No matter how the saw looks, vital just have a sharp tone. The video a few pages back where a guy tried to make vital sound like both omnisphere and sylenth1, and he did a great job it was an excellent video. But it proves you wrong. Since he custom made saw waves in vital to match the ones in sylenth1 and omni. And the sharpness is very much audible.
Already scientifically disapproved, just use better saw - waves.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

El°HYM wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:44 pm
astralprojection wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:37 pm
El°HYM wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:54 pm Actually every VST sounds exact the same, its just zeros & ones in the end of the day.
False and disprovable.
Laughable.
Already scientifically disapproved, just use better saw - waves.
now hold on a minute here. lets keep the respect.
why is it laughable? does the saw from sylenth1 sound the same as (Any) saw from vital?

ok now youre making a mockery of yourself, its not scientifically proven, by any means. go ahead and (try to) null them.

plus this is what you said just a page back
I have to agree that Vital does indeed sound super harsh in the upper register. Also the Tips already mentioned here can help, like setting OS to 4x or even 8x, higher SR in your Daw and not to forget to set Hi-res Wavetable active. Without those Tweaks, which cause quite some Cpu consumption, Vital is actually a pretty terrible sounding Synth.
now you did a 180 and saying its just 1s and 0s and there is no difference.

Listening on both headphones and nearfield monitors I heard no sharpness of any sort, harsh or otherwise -- just pretty damn close replication of the other synths to the point that 99% of you would never know the difference... myself included.
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:11 pm
Listening on both headphones and nearfield monitors I heard no sharpness of any sort, harsh or otherwise -- just pretty damn close replication of the other synths to the point that 99% of you would never know the difference... myself included.
Agree to disagree.

I like Vital. A lot of people like Vital. You have to get sounds out of it that you like, and remember that every synth does not sound the same. I don't need it to sound analog. I just need it to sound good.
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

Rabid wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:42 am I like Vital. A lot of people like Vital. You have to get sounds out of it that you like, and remember that every synth does not sound the same. I don't need it to sound analog. I just need it to sound good.
:tu: :clap:
No auto tune...

Psuper wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:11 pm
Yup, agreed... Since this discussion has been going on, I also compared Vital to a number of other synths such as Dune and Hive and both by ears and by the spectrum device there is no meaningful difference. The spectrum is nearly identical up to 25khz.

Maybe age / (natural) hearing loss can also explain some different experiences here?
Over 30 here. Can't hear those harsh frequencies (basically everything above 15-16khz) anyway. Vital sounds good to me :)

Would be interested in which frequency range this happens, with a spectrum analyzer you can at least see / identify that if it is really noticable.
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

Fannon wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:45 am Maybe age / (natural) hearing loss can also explain some different experiences here?
Over 30 here. Can't hear those harsh frequencies (basically everything above 15-16khz) anyway. Vital sounds good to me :)

Would be interested in which frequency range this happens, with a spectrum analyzer you can at least see / identify that if it is really noticable.
Well, good idea!
Perhaps I should try Vital given the fact that I'm over 60: it may sound smooth as butter for me :lol:

Dual low pass filters in parallel 🥳
No auto tune...

Fannon wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:45 am Maybe age / (natural) hearing loss can also explain some different experiences here?
Over 30 here.
:eek:
:dog:
You belong to the very young… Its always fun to go to those over 30s nights…; - )

I compared a Sine - Wave in Vital against all the rest of my Synths and they all sounded the same.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

El°HYM wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:24 pm I compared a Sine - Wave in Vital against all the rest of my Synths and they all sounded the same.
Please explain how a sine wave can be different? There's literally 1 harmonic. One. Honestly after your posts here im inclined to believe you're just a troll.

Surely that was a joke

Return to “Instruments”