Announcing SYMPHONY OF ANIMALS A New Sample Library of Musical Animals

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.

SYMPHONY OF ANIMALS
A New Sample Library of Musical Animals – Truly Different and a First of Its Kind

Orlando, FL -. November 25, 2022 - Symphony of Animals LLC unveils a unique sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt with over 80 different animals that have been made musical.

What if animals were no longer limited to their primal sounds and calls, but could be expressive in new ways, even make music like humans do? Imagine playing a fanfare with elephant blasts, or performing as a melodious songbird, or wailing with a whale, or striking a beat with an animal drum kit, or playing dozens of other animals as you would any other sampled musical instrument.

Symphony of Animals enables you to compose and arrange a wide variety of musical animal sounds at the touch of your fingers. The programming in Symphony of Animals makes animal sounds musical and expressive. Functions such as legato, adding pitch variations, warbles, trilling, imparting vibrato, timbre variations, breath noises, and other real-time controls provide expressive animal vocalizations. Nature sounds and animal effects are included to complement the library. The interface of each animal instrument shows various performance controls and offers individual descriptions and playing tips.

Composers can use these sounds to add melodic animals to their compositions in a unique and expressive fashion never before available. Film composers and video game sound designers can use these sounds to add a new dimension to their projects. Hip Hop, Rap and Electronic Music artists can use the included animal effects and noises in wild ways to enhance their music. Musicians can even create new genres of Environmental Music with this collection. Symphony of Animals is a must-have for every musician’s palette.

Symphony of Animals requires the full version of Native Instrument's Kontakt sampler, the most popular software sample platform in the world (v. 5.8.1 sampler or later and a minimum of one gigabyte of free drive space required).

This is the first commercial sample library to offer musical animals EVER! More volumes with more animals are in the works. Symphony of Animals is being introduced at US$129. For more information and to hear demos, visit https://www.symphonyofanimals.com/ (https://www.symphonyofanimals.com/).

koala? i like koala for bass!

It's quite tricky to find an authentic way to use animal sounds in human music.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

That's why Peter Gabriel invented World Music. So you can use animal sounds unironically.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

vurt wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:03 pm koala? i like koala for bass!
A koala bear would make a good bass! We will consider it for an upcoming library - thank you for the suggestion!

Michael L wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:42 pm It's quite tricky to find an authentic way to use animal sounds in human music.
You are right, it is quite tricky. Many artist such as the Beatles, Beach Boys, Prince, Kate Bush, Paul Winter, and others have used animal sounds in their recordings. However, what makes this library different and unique is that we made many of the animals melodic. They are pitched and quite musical! Please check out our demo page to hear the animals in action.

I would like to do a cover of I Am The Walrus using only walrus sounds.

Symphony of Animals wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:57 pmPlease check out our demo page to hear the animals in action.
I did.

More generally, I think about the meaning of sounds from other contexts-- species, languages, cultures, genres-- and also the meaning of processing those sounds.

For example I would ask myself, Why use a koala mating call sample for DnB beatz?

That's all! :party:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:39 pm For example I would ask myself, Why use a koala mating call sample for DnB beatz?
That’s easy. Koalas are known for being among the stupidest animals. So a koala mating call really captures the essence of DnB perfectly.

8)

It does sound like a major upgrade over the dogs singing "Jingle Bells" in the 90s.

DSmolken wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:35 am It does sound like a major upgrade over the dogs singing "Jingle Bells" in the 90s.
Yes, it is a major upgrade!
We programmed many of our animals to be expressive and musical. This library took years in the making in order to coax musicality from the animals.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”