SKnote releases F76 - Detailed model of THE classic FET compressor. Full DEMO.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Two huge thumbs down on subscriptions.

Regarding this BF offering [EDIT: just now realize the offering was for COMP76 not this], I will not even consider buying another Sknote plugin until long promised updates of old ones are delivered.

Quinto, you announced an update to Soundbrigade in March (of 2021!) on Gearspace. Then you teased pictures of it a year later. That was 8 months ago! I even reached out to offer to beta test and we traded emails for awhile. Nothing came of that.

Please take this as it is intended, as constructive feedback -- There is no consistent place to find status information about your plugins. Sometimes you post to Gearspace. Sometimes you post to KVR. Sometimes you post to Facebook. The news and blog sections of your website are inconsistent and impossible to differentiate. If I log into my user area, there is the same old version staring me in the face. Doesn't appear that you do emails about updates. I think you are a talented developer and give you the benefit of the doubt, even still, but you ask your long suffering customers to buy new plugins and now you float some idea of subscription model? What reason have you given anyone to want to do that? Even if they were not generally opposed to a subscription model, which I suspect most are.

I won't buy no SKnote plugins any more and the reasons are described in kidslow's post.

Yes, same here.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Kr3eM wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:33 pm
The plugin DOESN'T rely on any server. It can make use of a connection if you hit "info" in the bottom-right corner.
Make use of a connection? A connection of what and to what? The astral plane drm dimension of no limits?
:lol: :hihi:

Yes, that's really a weird one, even for Quinto...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:59 am
The plugin DOESN'T rely on any server. It can make use of a connection if you hit "info" in the bottom-right corner.
Make use of a connection? A connection of what and to what? The astral plane drm dimension of no limits?

In deed, well for those who care, I managed to activate Disto3 Beta on my online machine (windows) and move it to my offline workstation and load it without any login prompt or other apparent issues so far. Anyone who are into portability should be able to figure out how to do it without difficulty.

I could not find any "info" button on Disto3...so the "a connection" is still a mystery to me, but this plugin F76 have the info button, I guess that we have to buy or download the demo to find out :hihi:

I'm mostly impressed by the sound quality of sknote, well priced too.

But disappointed to read about how the new online activation system works. I liked the old offline watermark system very much.

And subscriptions is the last thing I will do.

I think sknote could be pretty much among the best plugin developers with a good user experience for everything around added, which they do not quite have currently, unfortunately.

I still like them and wish them all the best. But currently I don't feel like buying plugins from them. I'm not saying this to be negative.I just want to give them the opportunity to get some insights into the mind of a customer, hoping that the user experience around the sound will be better in the future.

midi_transmission wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:28 pm I'm mostly impressed by the sound quality of sknote, well priced too.

But disappointed to read about how the new online activation system works. I liked the old offline watermark system very much.

And subscriptions is the last thing I will do.

I think sknote could be pretty much among the best plugin developers with a good user experience for everything around added, which they do not quite have currently, unfortunately.

I still like them and wish them all the best. But currently I don't feel like buying plugins from them. I'm not saying this to be negative.I just want to give them the opportunity to get some insights into the mind of a customer, hoping that the user experience around the sound will be better in the future.
Thanks!

But why? The old method is still available ;)

No, I'm not into subscriptions either. Rent to own is something I like, though.
Last edited by quintosardo on Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

kidslow wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:57 pm Two huge thumbs down on subscriptions.

Regarding this BF offering [EDIT: just now realize the offering was for COMP76 not this], I will not even consider buying another Sknote plugin until long promised updates of old ones are delivered.

Quinto, you announced an update to Soundbrigade in March (of 2021!) on Gearspace. Then you teased pictures of it a year later. That was 8 months ago! I even reached out to offer to beta test and we traded emails for awhile. Nothing came of that.

Please take this as it is intended, as constructive feedback -- There is no consistent place to find status information about your plugins. Sometimes you post to Gearspace. Sometimes you post to KVR. Sometimes you post to Facebook. The news and blog sections of your website are inconsistent and impossible to differentiate. If I log into my user area, there is the same old version staring me in the face. Doesn't appear that you do emails about updates. I think you are a talented developer and give you the benefit of the doubt, even still, but you ask your long suffering customers to buy new plugins and now you float some idea of subscription model? What reason have you given anyone to want to do that? Even if they were not generally opposed to a subscription model, which I suspect most are.
SoundBrigade out ;)

What is weird?

- You can use a connection just once for activation (or not).
- Then you can use the connection further for messages (in the info page), only if you want.

Kr3eM wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:35 pm

In deed, well for those who care, I managed to activate Disto3 Beta on my online machine (windows) and move it to my offline workstation and load it without any login prompt or other apparent issues so far. Anyone who are into portability should be able to figure out how to do it without difficulty.

I could not find any "info" button on Disto3...so the "a connection" is still a mystery to me, but this plugin F76 have the info button, I guess that we have to buy or download the demo to find out :hihi:
So weird. You are working so hard for stronger copy protection here... :dog:

quintosardo wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:11 am

SoundBrigade out ;)
I don't see any updates on your website except for the blog post. How do updates work for owners of version 1?

SoundBrigade is pretty excellent :tu:

ralfrobert wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:17 am
quintosardo wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:11 am

SoundBrigade out ;)
I don't see any updates on your website except for the blog post. How do updates work for owners of version 1?
Your personal page!
Please use email, I'm not here so often.

pekbro wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:17 am SoundBrigade is pretty excellent :tu:
I'm glad you like it! :tu:

Did you try the new crazy "Missions" on drums?

quintosardo wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:30 am
pekbro wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:17 am SoundBrigade is pretty excellent :tu:
I'm glad you like it! :tu:

Did you try the new crazy "Missions" on drums?
Great stuff! New Missions are sick! :tu: Thanks Quinto!

*Liking the Comp 760 quite a lot as well btw... -cheers

Return to “Effects”