Tempting BF 2022

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ultimately, I did not buy Novum, while it's certainly neat, my interest in it was only mild and the discount not sufficient to sway me in the end. :shrug:

pekbro wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:44 am Ultimately, I did not buy Novum, while it's certainly neat, my interest in it was only mild and the discount not sufficient to sway me in the end. :shrug:
At the last minute I picked up Hyperion. It was $55 with discount at JRR and I had $15 left from Patreon so for $40 I figured it was time. After working it with more I was happy to find it's easier to work with than I thought it would be. It's a "layering" synth like Falcon, Unify, etc. and it really sounds great.

plexuss wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:51 am
pekbro wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:44 am Ultimately, I did not buy Novum, while it's certainly neat, my interest in it was only mild and the discount not sufficient to sway me in the end. :shrug:
At the last minute I picked up Hyperion. It was $55 with discount at JRR and I had $15 left from Patreon so for $40 I figured it was time. After working it with more I was happy to find it's easier to work with than I thought it would be. It's a "layering" synth like Falcon, Unify, etc. and it really sounds great.
Neat, I didn't really look through what they had available heh, I just looked at Novum as synths were not really high on my list. I'll check that out next time around as it looks pretty cool. thx :tu:

The big purchases for me was Gulfoss at 40% off, the only purchase over $60 I made.

The rest was small things, upgrades on Samples from Mars everything bundle and UVI IRCAM Prepared Piano 2. A bunch of 9-$18 Audio Thing plug ins, plus Initial Audio Slice, and PSP Saturator.

Held off on upgrading Arturia FX Collection, the one distortion plug in they have out now I want isn't in v3. :x

machinesworking wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:58 am Initial Audio Slice
Please share your thoughts on Initial Slice once you've had a chance to put it to use.

telecharge wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:24 pm
machinesworking wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:58 am Initial Audio Slice
Please share your thoughts on Initial Slice once you've had a chance to put it to use.
I will, it looks nice so far. I considered just using Kontakt for this sort of thing, and discovered a bug in the slicing function of Kontakt and thought $29 was a great deal so...

Notes to myself:
Get Rhythmic, evolving, movement, modulating, mangle, slicer plugins
Prefer smooth over glitch.
Get Delays. No more reverbs.
Get effects over Synths.

Passed as the price was not low enough to pull the trigger
Rift 2
Shaper Box 3
Supermodal
Narcotic
Portal. Is there a Portal 2 in the making?
Other Desert Cities
Multipass
Graindad
Hyperion
Crystalline
Mashtactic
Eventide Physion MK II
Obvious Filter
Wavestate
Caelumaudio FluxPro
efx Fragments
Dist Coldfire - Arturia FX Collection loyalty price $99 Great but passed as it did not include Dist COLDFIRE. Well if FX Collection 3 includes for $119 I would buy.

Reason Players! https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... ote-player

Lucky for me that DeepCreate :love: in RipX DeepAudio was included for free.
These guys are great! https://hitnmix.com/recording-software/
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Last minute addition: Audio Thing Noises (always thought it looks intriguing, but don‘t usually care for virtual instruments. When I realized what it is and how it can be used I was kinda happy that the sale that should‘ve ended on sunday actually didn‘t.)

multree wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:19 am Last minute addition: Audio Thing Noises (always thought it looks intriguing, but don‘t usually care for virtual instruments. When I realized what it is and how it can be used I was kinda happy that the sale that should‘ve ended on sunday actually didn‘t.)
i love noises
many a night ill load a few up, add random audio to them all and sit back and enjoy 8)
add some of the things too and it's an ambient masterpiece!

Black Berry muffins, mmmm doggie them good.

i purchased nothing this black friday, which feels a bit weird.

nearly went for slick eq m (which should have really but not a bother) and kazrog true dynamics and the new true 252

i had a list and ended up buying nothing - i suppose that's a good thing.

s28 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:05 pm i purchased nothing this black friday, which feels a bit weird.

nearly went for slick eq m (which should have really but not a bother) and kazrog true dynamics and the new true 252

i had a list and ended up buying nothing - i suppose that's a good thing.
Yeah I dunno, my rationale is that if I'm likely to buy something anyway, I might as well do that
when I can save the most money. :shrug:

s28 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:05 pm i had a list and ended up buying nothing - i suppose that's a good thing.
I do that all the time. Put everything on a wish list, then come back much later to see if I miss it & still want it. Usually no.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

vurt wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:25 pm
multree wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:19 am Last minute addition: Audio Thing Noises (always thought it looks intriguing, but don‘t usually care for virtual instruments. When I realized what it is and how it can be used I was kinda happy that the sale that should‘ve ended on sunday actually didn‘t.)
i love noises
many a night ill load a few up, add random audio to them all and sit back and enjoy 8)
add some of the things too and it's an ambient masterpiece!
yeah... I'm quite excited to see how it mixes with my own music and my audiobook work.... already created my first own bank "Kassette" which is a subtle tape deck noise bank.

five days demo-run back and forth, only 99€ "free" in the budget, then "last hour buy" (30.11 at 22:56) of opsix native because excellent GUI, then immediately regretted it because wavestate. so, at 23:34 another 99€ for wavestate native... told myself "at least both for the price of one"... just to see the black friday sale switch directly to christmas sale... :scared: :roll:

but, cool plugins, and, thanks to another (spontaneous, but overdue) black friday update to an m1 pro macbook... they run flawless.

oh, and; minimal audio morph eq. cool stuff.

Return to “Effects”