Need Help: Possible Reverb Experts can try to clone this sound/reverb? IKM CSR HALL

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi guys, i didnt analyse and learn reverbs very much but know the basic controls and properties like different halls, plates etc. but there are so many parameters with advanced reverbs which i still need to learn and udnerstand how these are giving differences to the sound.

i dunno if this is stupid from me to post here but i hope i can learn/you can help me get to my wish hopefully :).

i cannot reactivate the old IK Mulitmedia plugins anymore since IKM seems to have switched off the old pages/servers and they couldnt help me either. i just have very bad experiences with them and their products overall sadly lately so i try to completely replace them for better.

their old version of CSR Hall before Tracks5 Suite, it sounds also completely different than the new version/latest version where i got proof and made some video/sound examples, i need to send this IKM still but i dont expect them to change it at all. so i just want to move forward. and dont waste my time with them anymore.

i love the old CSR Hall somehow, maybe cause it was one of my first reverbs besides stock plugins and i used it a lot!

so i made this preset/altered from a factory preset as far as i remember and i try to replicate this sound with my reverbs i got so far.

Liquidsonics, Valhalla, Eventide, Relab. these 3 company reverbs i hope are reliable for the next years, i didnt list 2caudio, Exponential Audio, NI and some others cause i dont trust them and their support.

the Setting Easy View:

the Setting Advanced View:

The result, a Snare 100% wet;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kysu4zagg3dir ... t.wav?dl=0

let me please know and of course i would also donate some small amount :).

i dunno if some of you might recognize or narrow down settings when listening to a sound example?

Dry Sample
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mf76r8p3yfm8l ... y.wav?dl=0

thx
Last edited by Caine123 on Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

There's a new Reverb plugin which claims to be able to replicate any reverb from recordings (haven't tried it myself).
https://www.accentize.com/chameleon/

You may already know this, but I think the IK CSR series were based on one of the earlier Lexicon PCM verbs, maybe the PCM-60 or PCM-70. I don't recall ever hearing the sound changed between the original CSR release and T-Racks but I never did a direct compare either. I'm pretty sure the algorithms were coded by Martin Lind of Relab fame, but that would've been a long, long time ago now. That said, if I were looking to clone a particular sound, I'd probably start by looking at the Lexicon PCM series or something similar (more like Exponential versus the classic Lexicon emulations like the 480L/224). Might also be a good idea to post the dry snare sample so people can try to get close to the wet examples should anyone take you up on this.

No_Use wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:46 pm There's a new Reverb plugin which claims to be able to replicate any reverb from recordings (haven't tried it myself).
https://www.accentize.com/chameleon/
thx man! imma check it out, but i dont wanna spend more money on verbs :)
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:21 pm You may already know this, but I think the IK CSR series were based on one of the earlier Lexicon PCM verbs, maybe the PCM-60 or PCM-70. I don't recall ever hearing the sound changed between the original CSR release and T-Racks but I never did a direct compare either. I'm pretty sure the algorithms were coded by Martin Lind of Relab fame, but that would've been a long, long time ago now. That said, if I were looking to clone a particular sound, I'd probably start by looking at the Lexicon PCM series or something similar (more like Exponential versus the classic Lexicon emulations like the 480L/224). Might also be a good idea to post the dry snare sample so people can try to get close to the wet examples should anyone take you up on this.
thx a lot!!! i hope to try Relab stuff.
i added the dry sample :tu:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

i played around with LX480 and i think this is pretty close? still the bump and delay is missing, i need to check what might do it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xnzmnnvhea2qr ... 0.wav?dl=0
Last edited by Caine123 on Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caine123 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:04 pm i played around with LX480 and i think this is pretty close? still the bumd and delay is missing, i need to check what might do it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xnzmnnvhea2qr ... 0.wav?dl=0
What is bumd? Is that a typo perhaps? Relab LX480 has pre-delay.

Bumd. If you know, you know.

ahahaha sorry, yeah, bump i meant, the punch, it sounds also in CSR Hall Tracks3 as it sounds more stereo delayed.

if you have fl studio with the convolver plugin then you can make an impulse that sounds exactly like your preset.

robindrieghe wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:27 pm if you have fl studio with the convolver plugin then you can make an impulse that sounds exactly like your preset.
this is interesting, do you know the procedure? how to do it? thx

Caine123 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:49 am
robindrieghe wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:27 pm if you have fl studio with the convolver plugin then you can make an impulse that sounds exactly like your preset.
this is interesting, do you know the procedure? how to do it? thx
Making your own impulse responses from plugin effects is fairly simple. Typical candidates are reverb plugins or any effect that does not change as a function of time (e.g. reverb and EQ). Phasing, flanging and delays won't work.
Select a Mixer track and Load Fruity Convolver in FX slot 1 then deactivate it. This Fruity Convolver will be used to create the impulse.
Load the FX plugin to be 'impulsed' in FX slot 2, below the first Fruity Convolver, and set the plugin to the patch/sound you want. Make sure it's passing the Dry input sound also (don't use 100% wet).
Reactivate the Fruity Convolver on FX slot 1.
Load a second Fruity Convolver in FX slot 3. This will be used to record the impulse response from the plugin above.
Click the Record button of Fruity Convolver on FX slot 3. This will arm it for recording.
Click the Trigger impulse (spark icon) of Fruity Convolver on FX slot 1. This will initiate the recording through the plugin on FX slot 2 and into the Fruity Convolver on FX slot 3.
Deactivate the plugins on slots 1 and 2. Test your impulse sounds the same as the FX plugin in slot 2.

Return to “Effects”