Which reverb is best suited for Moog sound?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Let's take the Mood Grandmother, forget about her spring reverb, add the Moog Sound Studio with all three semi modulars and include the Moogerfooger plugins:
Which reverb would best compliment this combo?
:?:

The most expensive one. ;)

I take the bait and say: Check what Sean of Valhalla DSP did with his Moog into his stuff. Sounds decent to me.

This is possibly the stupidest question I have ever seen on KVR, although I can easily udnerstand how anyone with little or no experienc might feel compelled to ask it. The only possible answer is that it doesn't f**king matter because it doesn't f**king work like that. The reverb you would use on a bass patch from your Moog is not the same reverb you would use on an airy pad patch. You don't match a reverb to a synth, you match it to a patch, to a timbre, or to the piece you are working on.

More broadly, you need to stop overthinking things and take Nike's advice - just do it!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

For a moog lead I would probably go with a delay over a reverb.

Bricasti Design Model 7 or Fruity Reeverb 2.

Moog One has Eventide Blackhole in it and they sound stellar together. With Blackhole turned off, the One sounds like a polyphonic Little Phatty. Blackhole is on sale for $29 right now, too:

https://www.jrrshop.com/eventide-blackhole

An odd question for sure. I used a delay and a reverb and the two other folks i knew well that played Moog hardware used delays. One guy used an analog BBD (late 70s) and another friend used a digital as did i. Didn't know about the built in Blackhole on the Moog One, that's cool. My birthday is coming up in less than a year...
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Azbest wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:26 am Bricasti Design Model 7 or Fruity Reeverb 2.
:hihi: Cheeky ;)

We're matching reverbs to synth brands now?

it makes no sense.....like, I can't even.....ok I'll try: in the 70s moogs were used in a lot of progressive rock and early synth music (pink floyd, tangerine dream...) and those guys were all using EMT plate reverbs during that era, before Lexicon digital units took over the 'verb world. So try an EMT 140 or 240 emulation on your Moog, for 'classic' moog + reverb sounds.

but truly, though, the question is silly as heck. you match reverb to sounds, not brands.

BONES wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:52 pm This is possibly the stupidest question I have ever seen on KVR, although I can easily udnerstand how anyone with little or no experienc might feel compelled to ask it. The only possible answer is that it doesn't f**king matter because it doesn't f**king work like that. The reverb you would use on a bass patch from your Moog is not the same reverb you would use on an airy pad patch. You don't match a reverb to a synth, you match it to a patch, to a timbre, or to the piece you are working on.

More broadly, you need to stop overthinking things and take Nike's advice - just do it!
Thanks! Polite as ever :tu:

mholloway wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:57 am you match reverb to sounds, not brands.
Unless a certain brand combo (as described above) has a specific sound.
But thanks for your effort. :tu:

My take away so far from here:
Eventide Blackhole
A decent plate reverb

My take away from another (a bit more polite) gear forum:
Eventide SP2016
Relab LX480

Due to the danger of creating another list thread and to avoid further "stupid" "silly" comments
I close this thread.
Thanks for the fish :tu:

Return to “Effects”