Softube Model 82

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Model 82 Mono Sequencing Synth TAL-BassLine-101

Softube or Arturia?

Porsche or Ford..
Of course it is a personal choice, but for me Arturia is not even in the same sentence.
ymmv
rsp
sound sculptist

Softube!

Arturia is generic, Softube is character

Arturia doesn't have a 101. If it did it would probably be crazy good.
"If less is more, just think of how much more, more will be".

Arturia have neither a 101 nor 106 yet everybody is so certain their emulations of these two synths are inferior.

And I agree, actually, lol. Softube is in another league imho.

But still kinda silly that we're comparing against two synths they literally do not have emulations for....

:) True.. I am making my prophecy based on that I could get all V9 for $149 and still passed on it..
I have their C80 from a Cubendo free voucher, and I have yet to use it in any production.

I had demoed some of the others that I was liked/loved the original hardware (OB-Xa, Jupiters and Junos etc) and they never grabbed me.. Even at $149 for all of them.
rsp
sound sculptist

The Softube version (same as the Model D emulation) has more depth/character, soundwise. But the Arturia ones give you more options, additional effects & modulations etc.

If you use Softube Modular e.g. - Model 84 is a no-brainer, with all synth components as single modules for the modular system.

$39 right now on current softube promo.

€ 35 actually. Use SUNANDSAVE as promo code....

Summer Sale did no good to my wallet
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

waltercruz wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:59 pm $39 right now on current softube promo.
just when I decided to sell mine :( Was hoping for $50 but that aint going to happen now lol

waltercruz wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:59 pm $39 right now on current softube promo.
If Model 72 was that price I would get it right now. :)

If you're considering the free syntronik Juno 60, this seems like a better value.

Examigan wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:52 pm
If Model 72 was that price I would get it right now. :)
Don't think it'll get lower than 65 €. 😉

Return to “Instruments”