Parawave Rapid Discussion Thread II

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
User avatar
zvenx
KVRAF
11875 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:02 pm

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:18 am will there be 50% off discount some day?
You were definitely not meant to have it.
ON another thread this just this morning, you said something about if it was only 50% off, which had me puzzled because I knew it was on 50% off sale.
I went and checked and sure enough it was still 50% off.
I should have said something, but it would have been sarcastic so I refrained.. and now a few hours later it is no longer 50%.

Maybe email support and ask them nicely.. seems you just missed it by hours.

sorry
rsp
sound sculptist

User avatar
VELLTONE MUSIC
KVRAF
1724 posts since 19 Sep, 2017 from The Future

Post Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:16 pm

zvenx wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:02 pm
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:18 am will there be 50% off discount some day?
You were definitely not meant to have it.
ON another thread this just this morning, you said something about if it was only 50% off, which had me puzzled because I knew it was on 50% off sale.
I went and checked and sure enough it was still 50% off.
I should have said something, but it would have been sarcastic so I refrained.. and now a few hours later it is no longer 50%.

Maybe email support and ask them nicely.. seems you just missed it by hours.

sorry
rsp
I have 100 euro for new synth for bf,but Phase plant and Pigments do not convince me enough,so Rapid could be an option - i may write them,but first wanna try the demo to be sure i wanna waste my time,so nothing dramatic,don't hurry actually ,already have enough synths,just need something multi layer and DUNE 3 vs Rapid was in my mind,but next year something more interesting could pop up,so ...
Cheers :)

User avatar
plexuss
KVRAF
5404 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:40 pm

Check out Tracktion Hyperion. I just picked it up. It's a powerful modular-style layering synth. It seems like the workflow would suck but it actually works out to be pretty good, for me. It might still be on sale... JRR had it for $55 w discounts (reg $130)

Update 05 Dec JRR sale is over.

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 1.46.25 AM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by plexuss on Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Fleer
KVRAF
5288 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:25 pm

plexuss wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:40 pm Check out Tracktion Hyperion. I just picked it up. It's a powerful modular-style layering synth. It seems like the workflow would suck but it actually works out to be pretty good, for me. It might still be on sale... JRR had it for $55 w discounts (reg $130)
Good suggestion. Or one of the other Tracktion synths, especially the Dawesome ones, Abyss and Novum.

User avatar
VELLTONE MUSIC
KVRAF
1724 posts since 19 Sep, 2017 from The Future

Post Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:18 pm

plexuss wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:40 pm Check out Tracktion Hyperion. I just picked it up. It's a powerful modular-style layering synth. It seems like the workflow would suck but it actually works out to be pretty good, for me. It might still be on sale... JRR had it for $55 w discounts (reg $130)

Update 05 Dec JRR sale is over.


Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 1.46.25 AM.jpg
Yep good suggestion,like it,but lately prefer to work with easy one page type synths,everything in front so on - wasting hours with cables isn't inspirational and creative at all to me.
Still haven't seen such combination of simplicity and advanced functionality in a synth.
Rapid have some good ideas developed,but the sound to my taste isn't what i'm gonna pay.

THE INTRANCER
KVRAF
2910 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Post Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:31 pm

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:18 pm
plexuss wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:40 pm Check out Tracktion Hyperion. I just picked it up. It's a powerful modular-style layering synth. It seems like the workflow would suck but it actually works out to be pretty good, for me. It might still be on sale... JRR had it for $55 w discounts (reg $130)

Update 05 Dec JRR sale is over.


Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 1.46.25 AM.jpg
Yep good suggestion,like it,but lately prefer to work with easy one page type synths,everything in front so on - wasting hours with cables isn't inspirational and creative at all to me.
Still haven't seen such combination of simplicity and advanced functionality in a synth.
Rapid have some good ideas developed,but the sound to my taste isn't what i'm gonna pay.
Right now, you can buy Reaktor 6 for under £89, so if you haven't got that yet, I'd say that you should really consider it because you don't just get access to the synths and block system provided but also the user library which contains some great ensembles people have made. The only thing to keep in mind is that you will need to drop your resolution to 1080P or maybe a bit lower in some cases to see them properly.

I have highlighted and reviewed ones, that have been on the user library over the years on my website, including Native Instruments ensembles. here.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

User avatar
Ueberlicht
KVRer
5 posts since 22 Dec, 2019

Post Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:50 am

Hi!
I bought Parawave Rapid three days ago and I´m very happy with it, replaces all other main synths for me, ok some specialist are left like Diva, Xils Stix. But this dream Synth (DAW) allows to layout full tracks for me in one machine (hosted in the DAW for bouncing, mixing, adding stuff ;) ). Rapid is for me a dream come true and very powerfull and visionnaire. The future development will even improve it. Yess ;) . It´s not just another Synth it´s also an instrument which is play- and jamable. That´s why i love u-he also. Phaseplant, Pigments, Serum, Vital, yes they all got their points but imo Rapid summs up things very good with own ideas, too. CPU-usage is good managed.

You aked for some ideas for the futher development of Rapid, here are some:

- Internal Layer Sequencer, so that we can arrange them.
8 Layers are perfect for builing whole songs etc. (and you can open up another rapid if you running out of layers tracks). DAW like Layer-Sequencer-Page to edit the bars. cut/lengthen/mute/loop/etc. . 8 lanes with loop marker and usefull tools. A switch for Pattern or Songmode would be great to change the behaviour of Rapid to play everthing together (like it is now or follows the Layer-Sequencer). Would love that. I know there are workarounds by holding back elements with the normal sequencers but mute/unmute tracks via timeline is a expansion of the workflow imo (and good for arranging for bouncing to DAW).

- Scaling or musical key tools to force voices/layer into scales (u-he did a good hob here with Hive2)

- A HOLD button on the virtual keyboard (if it appears in Rapid), in Hive2 the virual keyboard of the synth is connected with scaling tools and hold function (double click to hold key).

- Kind of grafical lines or similar that are showing modulated parameters quicker (source and destination connection)

- Pls add Random button on/and many aspects of the synth. PPL LOVE RND! Roll the rapid dice

(- Maybe Master FX for the Main-Mixer for live performance)

I will post fresh ideas if they appear ;)
I think i´ll enjoy that masterpiece now. Made in Germany.


PS as an attachment is added the song mode module of xils stix, better than nothin and small

cheers / Happy New Year to all of you!

Andy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ueberlicht on Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:55 am, edited 7 times in total.

Largos
KVRer
7 posts since 20 Jan, 2022

Post Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:30 am

I have Rapid working in Linux. The tech support helped me at the time, which was very kind. The synth works great, however the installer exe doesn't work in Linux which is annoying as you need a windows install just to unzip some files. It would be nice if they were available from the download area unzipped as well.

I have a more detailed account here https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?p=138268

My only gripe with the synth itself is the activation method means that you turn the synth on it and it just sits there dead till you figure out you need to navigate some menus to activate the factory sounds. There's no prompt or visual clue IIRC so it just looks broken.

docbot
KVRist
493 posts since 4 Apr, 2006

Post Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:36 am

I really like the sound of Rapid, but preset loading is very slow compared to other synths. Wish they could speed that up in an update, then it would be perfect.

midi sentinel
KVRist
156 posts since 26 Sep, 2014

Post Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:01 pm

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:16 pm
zvenx wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:02 pm
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:18 am will there be 50% off discount some day?
You were definitely not meant to have it.
ON another thread this just this morning, you said something about if it was only 50% off, which had me puzzled because I knew it was on 50% off sale.
I went and checked and sure enough it was still 50% off.
I should have said something, but it would have been sarcastic so I refrained.. and now a few hours later it is no longer 50%.

Maybe email support and ask them nicely.. seems you just missed it by hours.

sorry
rsp
I have 100 euro for new synth for bf,but Phase plant and Pigments do not convince me enough,so Rapid could be an option - i may write them,but first wanna try the demo to be sure i wanna waste my time,so nothing dramatic,don't hurry actually ,already have enough synths,just need something multi layer and DUNE 3 vs Rapid was in my mind,but next year something more interesting could pop up,so ...
Cheers :)
Just FYI, there is a 50% sale on RAPID, right now, until January 7th.

THE INTRANCER
KVRAF
2910 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Post Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:04 pm

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:16 pm
I have 100 euro for new synth for bf,but Phase plant and Pigments do not convince me enough,so Rapid could be an option - i may write them,but first wanna try the demo to be sure i wanna waste my time,so nothing dramatic,don't hurry actually ,already have enough synths,just need something multi layer and DUNE 3 vs Rapid was in my mind,but next year something more interesting could pop up,so ...
Cheers :)
Honestly, if you don't ever intend to sell any of your VST instruments, then Rapid is really a no-brainer at its currently reduced price. The demo doesn't do it justice, and as for being multi-layer, it's far far better than Dune 3.5 in this regard. It's a proper multi-synth layer system that's easy to use, unlike what you will find with Dune 3.5.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

User avatar
VELLTONE MUSIC
KVRAF
1724 posts since 19 Sep, 2017 from The Future

Post Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:53 am

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:04 pm
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:16 pm
I have 100 euro for new synth for bf,but Phase plant and Pigments do not convince me enough,so Rapid could be an option - i may write them,but first wanna try the demo to be sure i wanna waste my time,so nothing dramatic,don't hurry actually ,already have enough synths,just need something multi layer and DUNE 3 vs Rapid was in my mind,but next year something more interesting could pop up,so ...
Cheers :)
Honestly, if you don't ever intend to sell any of your VST instruments, then Rapid is really a no-brainer at its currently reduced price. The demo doesn't do it justice, and as for being multi-layer, it's far far better than Dune 3.5 in this regard. It's a proper multi-synth layer system that's easy to use, unlike what you will find with Dune 3.5.
I am not saying it's bad synth or something,just don't like filters so much compared to Icarus,but most synths compared to Icarus filters sound mediocre,i just have enough already to do what i like inside the daw as multilayering - from my perspective developers should ask me to work witth their products and to devlop what i develop.
Cheers :)

PieBerger
KVRAF
1637 posts since 23 May, 2012 from London

Post Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:33 am

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:53 am
THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:04 pm
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:16 pm
I have 100 euro for new synth for bf,but Phase plant and Pigments do not convince me enough,so Rapid could be an option - i may write them,but first wanna try the demo to be sure i wanna waste my time,so nothing dramatic,don't hurry actually ,already have enough synths,just need something multi layer and DUNE 3 vs Rapid was in my mind,but next year something more interesting could pop up,so ...
Cheers :)
Honestly, if you don't ever intend to sell any of your VST instruments, then Rapid is really a no-brainer at its currently reduced price. The demo doesn't do it justice, and as for being multi-layer, it's far far better than Dune 3.5 in this regard. It's a proper multi-synth layer system that's easy to use, unlike what you will find with Dune 3.5.
I am not saying it's bad synth or something,just don't like filters so much compared to Icarus,but most synths compared to Icarus filters sound mediocre,i just have enough already to do what i like inside the daw as multilayering - from my perspective developers should ask me to work witth their products and to devlop what i develop.
Cheers :)
If you don't already own a granular synth, then Rapid is worth grabbing at 50% off for its granular engine alone imo. It sounds great, it's very easy to use and comes bundled with excellent content. I agree with you that the filters are a bit weak, but the oscillators, FX and nice worfklow more than make up for it. It won't replace other synths for everyday use for me, but I'm happy I have it now :)
Always Read the Manual!

chagzuki
KVRAF
2872 posts since 26 Mar, 2002 from london

Post Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:54 am

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:53 am I am not saying it's bad synth or something,just don't like filters so much compared to Icarus,but most synths compared to Icarus filters sound mediocre,i just have enough already to do what i like inside the daw as multilayering - from my perspective developers should ask me to work witth their products and to devlop what i develop.
Cheers :)
I spent some time with the Icarus demo and the filters are interesting. For the moment my conclusion is that they're probably not what I'm after. I like the fact that there are diverse and unusual filter types (the rectify seems good), but the standard LP filters when driven seem to produce something that sounds like a distinct/pronounced square wave around the cutoff point. At least so far, I prefer more typical simulations of Moog and MS20 filters particularly for bass patches, for a more organic and gritty sound. But I will spend more time with demo.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

User avatar
Bartone
KVRist
255 posts since 4 Apr, 2021

Post Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:49 am

Is Rapid now getting some updates/when was the latest update or bug fix? I can’t see any info at parawave site, maybe I just miss it?
https://parawave-audio.com/index.php?ro ... duct/rapid

Return to “Instruments”