FL Studio 21 RC is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trancit wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:17 am It´s officially released now!
:party: :party: :party:

Septic Underground wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:07 pm So I trialed this a few days ago;

1.why is a 2nd display not supported? The AU version is better, you candrop the GUI on a 2nd display.
2. The track/step sequencer UI is really small, I can adjust GUI settings but then everything blows up.
3. The Drum plug (drummax or so?) is so small it is in fact unusable ona 4k display.

I like the stepsequencer etc, but above mentioned points stopped my will to further explore.
I even tried the plugin just as a drumseq in Logic, but it is too damn small.

You guys are okay with that?
On 1, If you set any of the items (plugins, mixer playlist etc...) to 'detached' in their menus then you can freely move them about between screens.

donkey tugger wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:28 am
Septic Underground wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:07 pm So I trialed this a few days ago;

1.why is a 2nd display not supported? The AU version is better, you candrop the GUI on a 2nd display.
2. The track/step sequencer UI is really small, I can adjust GUI settings but then everything blows up.
3. The Drum plug (drummax or so?) is so small it is in fact unusable ona 4k display.

I like the stepsequencer etc, but above mentioned points stopped my will to further explore.
I even tried the plugin just as a drumseq in Logic, but it is too damn small.

You guys are okay with that?
On 1, If you set any of the items (plugins, mixer playlist etc...) to 'detached' in their menus then you can freely move them about between screens.
And outside of the main program area. It's one of the things I really like about FL Studio. I can have the main window shrunk and placed in a corner, whilst the rest of the windows can be arranged as desired over the desktop. And they all snap together. It's a lovely system.

Unaspected wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:05 pm And outside of the main program area. It's one of the things I really like about FL Studio. I can have the main window shrunk and placed in a corner, whilst the rest of the windows can be arranged as desired over the desktop. And they all snap together. It's a lovely system.
Ironically that's what I like last about FLS, to many windows, too many pop ups...pretty much all other DAWS have now settled on the same 1 window layout, I much prefer that approach and try to ape it in FLS but it never quite works for me...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:25 pm
Unaspected wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:05 pm And outside of the main program area. It's one of the things I really like about FL Studio. I can have the main window shrunk and placed in a corner, whilst the rest of the windows can be arranged as desired over the desktop. And they all snap together. It's a lovely system.
Ironically that's what I like last about FLS, to many windows, too many pop ups...pretty much all other DAWS have now settled on the same 1 window layout, I much prefer that approach and try to ape it in FLS but it never quite works for me...
It's not too different for me, working with Reaper. I always hide the mixer when I'm editing and I tend towards a split screen setup so I can be watching something at the same time. With FL Studio, I have the mixer in the same space but have the option of being able to grab the left side and extend it beyond its imposed boundaries to fill the lower half - or hit enter and make any window full screen. The playlist and piano roll are set up to fill the entire half and I can switch between them using the function keys.

It wasn't enough to keep me using it but I do like the way FL Studio does things in that regard. Though I guess it appears as an extension of its general appearance and functionality as stuff tacked onto stuff - or a horse designed by a committee.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”