Arturia B-3 V2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Agree about the V2 leslie. I own the two additional leslie plugins, PSP and IKM.
Both are great, IKM absolutely brilliant (in fact, I think its the best plugin IKM has created).
V2 + IKM Leslie work well.

I love NI B3 emulations, too. Unfortunately the B4II doesn’t install anymore to my Win 10 64 bit DAW.

Harry_HH wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:24 am Agree about the V2 leslie. I own the two additional leslie plugins, PSP and IKM.
Both are great, IKM absolutely brilliant (in fact, I think its the best plugin IKM has created).

I love NI B3 emulations, too. Unfortunately the B4II doesn’t install anymore to my Win 10 64 bit DAW.
I presume you have tried compatibility mode in Windows 10?

Martkorg wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:25 am
Harry_HH wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:24 am Agree about the V2 leslie. I own the two additional leslie plugins, PSP and IKM.

I presume you have tried compatibility mode in Windows 10?
Yes, thank you, I think I’ve tried everything. 2 ye had in this Kvr a long thread concerning this, I get many advice then.
None of them helped me with my NI B4II upgrade, although the basic NI B4 installs and works.

Wait, owners of V 6 got B-3 V2 as a free upgrade? I assumed one needed to upgrade to V 7 to get that. Looks like you even get it if you have V 5. That's unexpected.

I mean, that's what they did with Piano V2 when V 6 came out. You didn't get the upgrade to Piano V2 if you only had V 5.

teilo wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:13 pm Wait, owners of V 6 got B-3 V2 as a free upgrade? I assumed one needed to upgrade to V 7 to get that. Looks like you even get it if you have V 5. That's unexpected.

I mean, that's what they did with Piano V2 when V 6 came out. You didn't get the upgrade to Piano V2 if you only had V 5.
Were those instruments originally part of V 5? If not, there's your answer.

sidrat wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:34 pm
teilo wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:13 pm Wait, owners of V 6 got B-3 V2 as a free upgrade? I assumed one needed to upgrade to V 7 to get that. Looks like you even get it if you have V 5. That's unexpected.

Were those instruments originally part of V 5? If not, there's your answer.
Actually - it's a reasonable question. When V Collection 6 came out - Piano V was not upgraded to Piano V2 unless you were purchasing the V Collection upgrade. Piano V2 had an improved audio engine... and was not freely provided to Piano V1 owners. If you were staying with V Collection 5...you didn't get V Piano 2. If you were upgrading to V Collection 6 though - you got the V Piano 2 updates. All sounds confusing... it sort of was. In any case, as noted.. the B-3 V2 update is available whether or not you purchase the full V Collection 7 upgrade.

The b3 upgrade is fantastic. I'm not that familiar with the original, but its a joy to mess around with.

I keep forgetting I have access to the upgrade, probably because...

I wish it were NKS though. Anyone know when/if that's coming?
The groove baby, the groove...

I'm sorry, while a huge improvement on V1 and a very nice inclusion as part of V Collection and certainly usable, I don't think V2 is in the same league as others like VB3, Blue3 and B5. I don't know how to explain @waltercrus demo, where it sounds quite nice next to B5... that's a particularly nice patch in B-3, but owes most of its character to the FX.

My own experience with B-3 overall just did not give quite as good results. I had to work really hard tweaking the Leslie to get the fast speed usable to me at all. And the Leslie just overall is underwhelming. And there a just these weird little things that are hard to describe...for instance, hold a high G and say punch some Gm-C chords beneath it and it just doesn't sound cohesive, those chords just don't sound integrated into that high G Leslie

Most mind boggling to me is that the "Drive" (which is VERY subtle, you have to actually use distortion pedal in FX to get any real overdrive) does not interact with the expression pedal... it's just there, same amount, regardless of how soft or loudly you are playing.

anjmazur wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:55 pm Most mind boggling to me is that the "Drive" (which is VERY subtle, you have to actually use distortion pedal in FX to get any real overdrive) does not interact with the expression pedal... it's just there, same amount, regardless of how soft or loudly you are playing.
Did you try to assign the Expression Pedal to the Preamp Drive? It's as easy as click the MIDI 5-pin button in the Upper Panel, and then click the Preamp Drive control and hit the Expression Pedal. This way the pedal will control the drive, as you want.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:25 am Did you try to assign the Expression Pedal to the Preamp Drive? It's as easy as click the MIDI 5-pin button in the Upper Panel, and then click the Preamp Drive control and hit the Expression Pedal. This way the pedal will control the drive, as you want.
Yes that actually might work ok in terms of expression pedal, although that's an exponential curve with real Lessie preamp overdrive.... you stay pretty clean through most of pedal range and distortion only starts kicking in at far end of travel, it's not the sort of linear curve you would get with your suggestion. Further, it wouldn't help in regard to how many notes you are playing, which also feeds into how much distortion you will get out of an actual Leslie.

For those who own Arturia's B3, I just made some presets based on Native's B4II. They were very close! It might be useful!
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/b-3-v2 ... /downloads

The very first time I played the Native B4, I was floored. It sounded so nice and crunchy. B4II didn't sound as nice as the first one, so I stayed with the original. Aah, so many years ago. If I was creating tunes with organs again, I'd look for the first one and bridge it.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

KIMCHRISTOPHER wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:57 pm For those who own Arturia's B3, I just made some presets based on Native's B4II. They were very close! It might be useful!
Thanks. I put them in the folder but how do I open them in B3 V2?

BJ wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:52 pm
KIMCHRISTOPHER wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:57 pm For those who own Arturia's B3, I just made some presets based on Native's B4II. They were very close! It might be useful!
Thanks. I put them in the folder but how do I open them in B3 V2?
here for me it was simple. I put the folder and it already appeared in the presets for the plugin. just search for kim or user that already appears

Return to “Instruments”