Using MCompressor on Ableton Live 11 return track (is there an internal mix control?)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Apologies if I'm missing something very obvious, I'm relatively new to Ableton, but is there a way to use MCompressor on a return/bus track in Live 11? Or an internal mix control somewhere? Live's stock compressors have their own internal dry/wet mixer, but as far as I can see MCompressor doesn't. Normally, I'd just put the effect on a return track and blend it in by upping the send output to that track. But that doesn't work with a compressor because the signal going from the track needs to be at 100% in order for it to be processed properly. So, for example, if I set the send output to -10, then the MCompressor on the return track is processing a quieter signal and doesn't apply gain reduction. So when it's mixed back into the master it's basically just "blending" the dry with a quieter (unprocessed/uncompressed) version of the dry signal.

There are alternative ways to do this, like making an audio effects rack, but I guess all I want to know is whether there's a dry/wet mix within MCompressor itself and I'm just being blind and missing it? Seems like a simple enough feature to include and kind of surprising that every other compressor I've seen has it but MCompressor doesn't.

Unfortunately there's no dry/wet. You'd have to buy one of the other Melda compressors to get that feature. At one point I used Metaplugin to add a mix control.

Return to “Effects”