Tracking CLAP hosts and plugins

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLiC wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:49 pm I can see it being the smaller indy developers first, but if you have Bitwig and UHE what more do you need ;-)
So far, it's Bitwig, Reaper and MultiTrack Studio. If you don't like one of those... well, De gustibus non disputandum. :ud:
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

I can see why Apple won't implement CLAP support, because... Apple always must have their different way for the sake of being different, even if they are wrong. Whatever. I think the turning point, though, will happen when either Image-Line or Ableton get on board.

Scoox wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:40 pm I can see why Apple won't implement CLAP support, because... Apple always must have their different way for the sake of being different, even if they are wrong. Whatever. I think the turning point, though, will happen when either Image-Line or Ableton get on board.
I think CLAP support will be included in the next major version on FL, who knows what Ableton will do. Even if they agree to implement CLAP in the future, that could mean years from now.
Always Read the Manual!

IL have already said that they'll be looking at CLAP at some point once v21 is released, which it now is, so I expect support will come at some point around the spring.

NikkiA wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:15 am IL have already said that they'll be looking at CLAP at some point once v21 is released, which it now is, so I expect support will come at some point around the spring.
Good to know :tu:

If the speed of the implementation of both MPE and Apple Silicon native compatibility were any indication, we're at least a year away from CLAP in Ableton, if not more.
Last edited by jules99 on Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NikkiA wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:15 am IL have already said that they'll be looking at CLAP at some point once v21 is released, which it now is, so I expect support will come at some point around the spring.
Looking at and actually implementing it are two different things. Did they say they would definitely add it in?
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

apoclypse wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:47 pm Did they say they would definitely add it in?
Pretty sure they did.

If we have the wrappers, its not important anymore who supports it. With the different feature sets of VST2, VST3 and AU, I often miss a clear recommendation of the developers on which standard they based their plugins. I would only install the version which they had in mind when developing it…
A VST3 based on VST2 code could not support note expressions for example… With CLAP its different, as it is a super set of the three. It can easily support all features the traget supports…
That alone makes it valuable. Most features of AU that are not in the feature set of VST will ever show up there…

I've recently ported my Ursa Major Stargate 323 emulation to CLAP https://github.com/ravettel/SG-323/releases
In 2019 I acquired a Stargate 323 reverb and have been dedicated to preserving and analysing it since then. The plugin features a close emulation of the actual circuit logic and is available as CLAP & VST3 on Windows, Linux and macOS (signed Universal Binary for 10.13 and up). Huge thanks to the CLAP devs for providing the JUCE extensions <3

krabbencutter wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:57 pm I've recently ported my Ursa Major Stargate 323 emulation to CLAP https://github.com/ravettel/SG-323/releases
In 2019 I acquired a Stargate 323 reverb and have been dedicated to preserving and analysing it since then. The plugin features a close emulation of the actual circuit logic and is available as CLAP & VST3 on Windows, Linux and macOS (signed Universal Binary for 10.13 and up). Huge thanks to the CLAP devs for providing the JUCE extensions <3
Note the VST3 version crashes instantly in Cakewalk by Bandlab if insrted on a mono track - works fine on a stereo track.

UPDATE: I see it's already recorded on the download page, which I'd missed - apologies!
Last edited by kperry on Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by OBSOLETE160530 on Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by OBSOLETE160530 on Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

falkTX wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:32 pm Question on the submission page, what is the name and email for? the name/email of the person submitting the entry, or name/email of the project/plugin that is being submitted?
The name and email of the person submitting. This is so I can ask followup questions.

kperry wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:30 am
krabbencutter wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:57 pm I've recently ported my Ursa Major Stargate 323 emulation to CLAP https://github.com/ravettel/SG-323/releases
Note the VST3 version crashes instantly in Cakewalk by Bandlab if insrted on a mono track - works fine on a stereo track.

UPDATE: I see it's already recorded on the download page, which I'd missed - apologies!
No worries, you didn't miss it :clown: I didn't want to start an OT discussion in this thread so I just added your bug to the list of known issues and liked your post. So thanks for testing & reporting the bug! :)
Once I feel that the plugin is ready for prime-time, I'll start my own thread in the effects section. In the meantime my PMs are always open for any kind of questions or feedback :phones:
Happy CLAPping!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”