Why did you leave Studio One?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:47 pm Seems to be a common scheme these days... attract new customers, but keep the price high for existing ones.

Not that I want to complain, I'm not interested in upgrading my S1 4.6 anyway.
Same here. For now.

Left it. Selling it in the sell and buy forum.
Will continue in FL Studio.

I like it a lot but I left it because of no track templates. V6 has them now but I could pay for that or I can use REAPER so...

I stopped using S1 around 4.0 when many plugins caused the program to crash and massive cpu issues. My laptop wasn’t the best, but I was able to run the same plug-ins on the same computer using Reaper and Renoise, so I just did that. Demoed Bitwig a couple years later, bought a powerful PC to run it and haven’t missed S1 at all.

Reading other people mention how preSonus takes care of new customers instead of existing customers during Black Friday, says a lot. My interface is a preSonus studio 26C, once that goes, I won’t deal with this company anymore.

Pops and crackles with my S1 v4 on my i9-12900K. I demoed versions 5 and 6. No change.

Spin Boyz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:48 pm Pops and crackles with my S1 v4 on my i9-12900K. I demoed versions 5 and 6. No change.
Which ASIO driver are you using?

Make sure you set the right ASIO driver in Studio One, not ASIO4ALL or something.

I've been using the RME ASIO driver for years.

Is Studio One the only DAW which crackles and pops on your system?

Have you tried running LatencyMon?

Yes. Cubase Pro 11 and Reaper 6 work fine. I'm not sure why S1 doesn't like my PC. And yes, I have tried LatencyMon.

Weird. I've no explanation either for that.

i leave it on the cloud, never downloaded it xD

Spin Boyz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:31 pmI've been using the RME ASIO driver for years.
If you've been using the RME driver "for years", when was the last time you updated it? Have you tried increasing the buffer size? If so, did it have any effect? What OS are you using?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I like S1, it's a good 'all rounder' DAW, and for me it performs great, but Presonus's refusal to discount updates makes it clear that they are wanting to push people in the direction of subscriptions which is a shitty attitude to loyal users

BONES wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:00 am
Spin Boyz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:31 pmI've been using the RME ASIO driver for years.
If you've been using the RME driver "for years", when was the last time you updated it? Have you tried increasing the buffer size? If so, did it have any effect? What OS are you using?
Yes up to date. Long time RME user even had their support guy try to help. Yes, increasing the buffer to 1024 doesn't work so well for recording midi but does for the pops and clicks. Running Windows 11.

i am about to dump 'fender' lol for two versions now they add very little, crap on the loyal customers (no update sale discounts) catering to 'new blood' and last but certainly not least they don't fix things that have been broken since the advent of v2 when i started with them.
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”