A Comprehensive Replacement recommendation for Native Instrument Komplete instruments please!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Shh... don't spoil the panic.

no one replacement for Komplete - great value

C-note wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:37 pm no one replacement for Komplete - great value
True. I got angry when they discontinued Absynth (and Vokator, Spectral Delay, etc) but every time I look to see if there's a suite that will replace Komplete, there really isn't one. Of course, you can buy separate solutions by different companies. I think most everything has a direct competitor.

To me, it comes down to the point where if I sold my Komplete license, would I get enough for it to even replace the included sample libraries? I'm not a big orchestral guy (though lately...) so most of the factory stuff works fine for me. I bought it so long ago and upgraded so often that selling it would be a big hit. Would I buy it now if I had nothing? Maybe not, but when you actually look at all you get that's still useful, Komplete is a good deal.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I don't currently have anything from Komplete installed on my audio computer. The switch to M1 wiped it all out. I have only sporadically missed something I used to have installed. I'm fine at this point with the idea to never use anything from NI again.

I would not buy Komplete today, but since I have it, seems like a flexible backup resource and hardly seems worth the effort to sell.

I only ever got the free/bundled tier of Komplete that came with the Maschine Mikro I bought 5 or so years ago and it's been way more than I would ever need/want. When we first got it, it was a real boost as it made moving from Orion to Cubase a lot easier than it might otherwise have been. However, over the ensuing few years we have used it less and less, to the point now that all we really need are the free things like Kontakt Player and Reaktor Player, to support third party content we use a lot.

We used to use Massive a bit and Battery a lot but, over time, we've replaced both with more suitable tools. At one point I thought Maschine might be all the DAW we'd ever need but I never got on too well with its sequencer so that never eventuated. It was probably just a learning curve hump I needed to get over but it never happened.

I don't understand the OP's problem with Native Access. I like it, it makes wrangling all my third party content really easy.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

My main reason to originally buy Komplete was to upgrade from Reaktor and maybe something else, where I had a fairly good deal, and got some extra synths.

I think the Komplete of today is a Completely different beast.

Today it still has a pretty decent range of synths and tools, but also has a decent range of FX that are probably a bit better than some DAW tools, and.in some recent cases just top quality (crush pack). Things like Battery, Guitar Rig, Kontakt are all great independently. The PA and Isotope additions also help pad out a toolset that you'll never even explore fully. Would be a great addition to a DAW.

Perhaps the only way to better Komplete is to buy, learn to play and record real instruments.

edit: this comment is from the perspective of creating music, mainly electronic.

Of course for under €600 you can buy a drum package, or a sample set for your DAW, a mainstream synth (serum, phase plant, icarus, massive X) and be done. So you can do things cheaper. You'd be much more limited and might even make more music. :hihi:
Last edited by _leras on Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

C-note wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:37 pm no one replacement for Komplete - great value
Yep.

jbridge is the only answer I've come up with, working nicely still on windows.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

To chip in on replacing Kontakt specifically, I've phased it out over a couple of years with Studio One's Presence XT, expanded with the optional Sample Editor.

This has meant that I've had to sample my own acoustic instruments as there is nowhere near as many commercial libraries available. I started by sampling the acoustic instruments available to me personally (piano, kalimba, mandolin etc) and then I started sampling players who come through my door for collaborating on different projects (flute, clarinet, buzuki, tabla, etc). Of course this is not as easy as picking up a well made sample library. It's an ongoing and long process but I've found it far more enjoyable/inspiring.

I've also found that sampling say a single instrument and being inspired to write a piece with it, can be far more productive than having a ton of sampled instruments and doodling around with them forever.

If you're asking about sheer volume, it's going to be hard to find a full replacement for Komplete. My goal was to find a replacement for Kontakt since I found it cumbersome to work with.
Your Advert Here!!!

I don't know. Luckily, I don't feel the same need to purge. Massive X would be the hardest to replace for me. I don't - personally - think Serum or PhasePlant do what it does and I use it in every track. Kontakt - same. I don't use tons of different libraries, but the ones I do use, I use ALL the time. And the ones I use are very high quality - don't even know where I'd look for replacements. Not into making my own sample libraries - that just strikes me a self abuse (Just me - I don't hate on the ones that love it).

I only leave things behind when it becomes apparent it is abandonware. All FXpansion got reluctantly jettisoned in my recent upgrade for that reason. Maul, Bloom, Geist2, Strobe2, Cypher2, DCAM, Etch. So sad. Loved FXpansion a lot. ROLI is not FXPansion. crying right now.

IMO - becuase I know you care.. :) UVI just does not fill the hole. I sold all my UVI stuff because it was so clumsy to work with. Editing was just a nightmare to me.

I like Soundpaint though. Wish them well.

Musical Gym wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:51 pm
surreal wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:43 pm ..would I be forced to find other non legal ways..
???
!!!
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:52 pm
surreal wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:43 pm ..would I be forced to find other non legal ways..
???
!!!
Seeing that you flagged my comment on my own thread let me inform you what legal measures I took to solve my dilemma... I contacted Native Instruments directly and they advised me and directed me to a legitimate replacement for Ni Pro53 which is Super8. I find that this is great for what it replaces within Ni komplete suite. Outside of NI I found Rob Papen B.I.T to be a suitable future proof replacement for Pro 53 (And I have it Legally!!)

Just also to be clear.. I was intially very upset when I loaded this topic.. but with time things evened out with all the great suggestions from a super community here at KVR. I would like to apologise if I in anyway justified any "non-legal" means which is against my own personal conviction. There is no justification or vidication for piracy, no matter how adverse software companies decisions are that affect legit paying customers as I a have always been and still am today and yes I still have komplete 13 today in my Software collection LEGALLY!

Have a nice day everyone!
Last edited by surreal on Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

surreal wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:18 pm
???
!!!
Seeing that you flagged my comment on my own thread let me inform you what legal measures I took to solve my dilemma... I contacted Native Instruments directly and they advised me and directed me to a legitimate replacement for Ni Pro53 and Super8 is great for what it replaces. Outside of NI I found Rob Papen B.I.T to be a suitable future proof replacement for Pro 53 (And I have it Legally!!)

Just also to be clear.. I was intially very upset when I loaded this topic.. but with time things evened out with all the great suggestions from a super community here at KVR. I would like to apologise if I in anyway justified any "non-legal" means which is against my own personal conviction. There is no justification or vidication for piracy, no matter how adverse software companies decisions are that affect legit paying customers as I a have always been and still am today and yes I still have komplete 13 today in my Software collection LEGALLY!

Have a nice day everyone!
no need to apologize, you did nothing wrong, also i did not flagged your comment, i was just joking with Musical Gym
Last edited by martiu on Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aliasing plugin owner
:?

surreal wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:18 pm
???
!!!
Seeing that you flagged my comment on my own thread let me inform you what legal measures I took to solve my dilemma... I contacted Native Instruments directly and they advised me and directed me to a legitimate replacement for Ni Pro53 which is Super8. I find that this is great for what it replaces within Ni komplete suite.
Good to hear. :) I wonder if anyone ever compared Super 8 to his Prophet.

Return to “Instruments”