Most comprehensive tape emulation plugin?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

impulse response tape. (RE: taipei, taupe and IK)
that's beyond me

delete

A lot of pros swear Waves' Abbey Road J37 is the bees knees. I've never tried it, but the price seems right.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

A lot of the pros swear by the stuff they are getting paid the most promoting for.
Most of them don’t even care as much about the quality as much since they know that by far there most important factor is the person making the adjustments and the plugins/tools only a very small role. That’s even true with ancient plugins most of the pros are still using.
Are those tools still the cutting edge of technology?
No, more often than not not even by a long shot.
Does it matter much? No, since the person that’s using those knows what he’s doing and gets professional results no matter what (s)he’s using.
Not saying that those promoted tools are bad, or worse.
In the end, it doesn’t matter though and you could easily get similar, sometimes even “better“ results with some random unsung plugins, even some free ones or the stock plugins from your DAW
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Boy Wonder wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:03 pm A lot of pros swear Waves' Abbey Road J37 is the bees knees. I've never tried it, but the price seems right.
It's a fantastic tool indeed. I once just for the fun of it mixed an entire piece with only J37 and no other processor. It served as guitar-amp, compressor, delay, EQ yadda yadda...

viewtopic.php?t=508029&hilit=j37
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

When I wanna go tapey deep into things it's Satin. Lotsa options. Great sound.

Return to “Effects”