Behringer pro 800

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://youtu.be/A8IGN4F3hdY

I must say it sounds great. Alot like Repro 5 by uhe :) it shows how accurate software emulations can be :)

This is Behringer at their best. Bring back a classic that has long since been abandoned, give it more polyphony, work directly with the modding community, and give it an updated midi spec. Then, release it at a price point (599 USD) that we can reasonably afford. No boutique manufacturer is harmed, and we the great unwashed, have an opportunity to own something a bit special. I like Behringer when they play at this game.

Sounded lovely in the demos. Full MIDI control and the added mods are a nice touch. I'm interested.

Estimated Price USD $599, Shipping April 2023.
From the video description. Nice. :)

Havent' had a chance to check out the video, but if it's got full MIDI control (e.g. CC's) I'd be interested. And I've got a Prophet-10 Rev 4!

Note: didn't say I'd buy, but I'd be interested.

I am old enough to have lived through the analog synth heydays of the 70's & 80's. I of course know about the Sequential Circuits Prophet 5, 10, Pro One, T8, but honestly don't ever recall hearing about the 600 until there was a rumour synapse-audio was modeling one.
Was it really a classic, or legendary or well known/used?
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:29 pm Havent' had a chance to check out the video, but if it's got full MIDI control (e.g. CC's) I'd be interested. And I've got a Prophet-10 Rev 4!

My thoughts exactly! :lol: A lot of the new Behringers "interest me", but I have yet to buy one. And, honestly, there's no specific reason that I haven't purchased one and I'm not opposed to the big mean B for copying other synths, it's just that I.... haven't :shrug:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

zvenx wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:40 pm I am old enough to have lived through the analog synth heydays of the 70's & 80's. I of course know about the Sequential Circuits Prophet 5, 10, Pro One, T8, but honestly don't ever recall hearing about the 600 until there was a rumour synapse-audio was modeling one.
Was it really a classic, or legendary or well known/used?
rsp
The big deal with it, as I recall, was it integrated MIDI at the factory. This was a new thing for Sequential. I never played one, but it seemed to be a pretty capable synth. Did it sell well? No; certainly not like the others you list. As a result, I think it got ignored once the DX7 came out a little later. I might suggest that it deserves a second look like this, and probably would compare favorably to a Korg PolySix or Juno 106 to our ears today.

I'd certainly try the original, but more likely will play around with the Behringer version if I come across one. I doubt I'd purchase it, though, because it's not adding something I need.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

cryophonik wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:43 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:29 pm Havent' had a chance to check out the video, but if it's got full MIDI control (e.g. CC's) I'd be interested. And I've got a Prophet-10 Rev 4!

My thoughts exactly! :lol: A lot of the new Behringers "interest me", but I have yet to buy one. And, honestly, there's no specific reason that I haven't purchased one and I'm not opposed to the big mean B for copying other synths, it's just that I.... haven't :shrug:
I've got 2: the RD-8 MK II (which I love), and the Poly-D (which I'm kind of meh on). The RD-8 MK II sounds way better than any software 808 clone or samples. I think the programming is a little awkward at times (the Drumbrute I have is a lot slicker in regards to the UX for programming), but sound-wise, I really love it. The Poly-D I'm just not gelling with. Something about it just doesn't do it for me and I get better results out of The Legend. The oscillators feel like they're not hot enough and need to be cranked to drive the filter, the envelope scaling feels a bit off to me, the output is abysmally low (which I can compensate for but might be a factor). I think I just need to suck it up and buy a Matriarch.

So if the P800 is more RD-8 than Poly-D, I'd probably love it. But I already have the Rev 4, so I really don't think it would add much value to my setup despite how attractive it is.

isn't the poly more para?

although para d is parody, so best not maybe.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:27 pm The Poly-D I'm just not gelling with. Something about it just doesn't do it for me and I get better results out of The Legend. The oscillators feel like they're not hot enough and need to be cranked to drive the filter, the envelope scaling feels a bit off to me, the output is abysmally low (which I can compensate for but might be a factor). I think I just need to suck it up and buy a Matriarch.
If you want hot oscillators, you might want to check out the Sub37 (OG Tribute Edition, not the Subsequent 37, which has the osc's toned down quite a bit). I can't say how they compare to the Matriarch, but the Sub37's oscillators go from zero to filter saturation in about a quarter turn of the osc level knob. It's great if you want that overdriven filter sound all the time, but it gets a little overbearing at times (IMO, of course), especially if you want that classic creamy Moog sound. You really have to watch the osc levels. Anyway, sorry for the OT. :ud:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Definitely interested. I came very close to buying a Prophet 600 with Gligli and a new Fatar keybed installed back in early 2020, but decided to hold off when Behringer's remake was announced, as I'd rather go with something new with a warranty if the sound is still there. (I've had more than one vintage synth I bought in the past start developing problems not long after purchase, so I try to always remember they're a gamble.) If additional, more in-depth demos show this to be decently competitive with other currently-produced VCO poly synths sound-wise, it's kind of a no-brainer at this price.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

Jan 2021 Behringer released an update and said in a few months, then nothing for 2 years.
- I even put a question on their forum and nothing at all was revealed.

What came instead these years was about Ub-Xa which was silence since as well. This was as Oberheim announced OB-X8 for some reason, like these would have same customer base with 5k-pricetag.

My Prologue-8 and REV2-16 module is having me covered as analog synths. Nordlead 2X as VA and master keyboard for computer. Kawai MP7SE piano and Hammond XK3c organ.

Sorry, Behringer - not this time...

Tell me a single company which can abide to release dates at the moment. Really, a single one.

You know as well as everyone here why there are delays, especially when the company resides in China.

Be happy that they release this thing at all. I was halfways expecting it to be scratched.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”