PLASMONIC - A new synth from Brian Clevinger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Absynth Plasmonic

Great update for me as I own a Hydrasynth- should be a great controller for this update!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Yeah, some people will be happy :-)
Philippe

Thank you so much for adding poly after touch!
Happy hydrasynth owner here! The launchpad and push crowd will be too !

Hello,

Trajectoire made it again and offers you FREE30, a free bank of 30 presets designed for the very unique and colourful synth PLASMONIC from Rhizomatic.

10 presets were created for Plasmonic "standard" MIDI mode, 10 for its vast MPE possibilities, and 10 for its new Poly Aftertouch (PolyAT) feature. Some MPE and PolyAT presets are derived from the standard MIDI ones, some are specific.

Get FREE30 it here : https://trajectoirex.gumroad.com/l/free30

All patches have been carefully designed and include all Plasmonic 8 Macros set for nice results, with Aftertouch, Mod Wheel, Slide, PolyAT etc assignments. Please try the presets with the Macros and modulation sources available, as presets are often designed to best sound with them.

Update Plasmonic to 1.2.5 (on rhizomatic.fr) to get Poly Aftertouch compatibility. All presets made with 1.2.5. To setup Poly AT, go to Plasmonic Performance Settings window, and in the MIDI area; check that MIDI mode is set to Standard, and Aftertouch to Polyphonic.
PS : you may have to adapt the Poly AT presets to your controller. My only Poly AT controller is Morph, and is too reactive for an optimal control.

Have fun with Plasmonic,
Philippe for Trajectoire
Philippe

Some of you might have received the email, but in case some did not, yes, Plasmonic is on sale at 99 ! You can get a demo on https://rhizomatic.fr would you want to try. BTW, Brian said I, a post Rhizomatic was working on a new plugin that we should get before Plasmonic 1.3.
And if you want sounds for it, you can go to my page https://trajectoirex.gumroad.com, with one free and two large Premium presets banks.

Enjoy your Plasmonic
Philippe

awesome news, need to check it out! if NI doesnt want his products then i hope we can support him this way.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

From a Rhizomatic email: "Expect new announcements soon!
Things may have been quiet lately, but we are busy working on new plugins, new sounds, and improvements to Plasmonic. So please stay tuned!"

Definitely looking forward to new Rhizomatic plugins! :party:
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

The dystopian dark, partially unpleasant mood of most audio-demos is frightening.
Gui matches the character very well.
Great niche product.

Tutorial from the master himself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4WJH9CItD0

Great to see how Brian works... :-)
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Leo1999 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 3:42 am The dystopian dark, partially unpleasant mood of most audio-demos is frightening.
Gui matches the character very well.
Great niche product.
I realize this comment isn’t necessarily a critique of the synth, but I feel like pointing out that if we want to be fair, it’s also capable of some very sweet sounding plucks, strings, pads, bells, etc. It can definitely be pretty and sweet too, I’ve been leaning into using it as a main pad machine for my atmospheric jungle / drum n bass tracks

Very nice tutorial (and patch) for Plasmonic by Brian. Very few sources used, modulations, that’s it
https://youtu.be/RnfhBPR8Nys
Philippe

Sale is extended through June 7th.
Highly recommended.
For me one of the best synths of the decade.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

Is there any way to change the mouse behavior in Plasmonic so that when I drag up/down on horizontal sliders, it just works? Also, is there any way to change the mouse sensitivity/smoothing? It's horrible.

I find the mouse control of parameters extremely frustrating. Very bad smoothing, meaning I need to to move my mouse a lot just to go from one extreme of a control to the other.

Plasmonic mouse control feels pretty much like 100% the opposite of something like FabFilter where controls are really natural feeling and you get a ton of control. Large fast mouse movements do large increments while still not sacrificing accuracy when doing slow precise movements. Plasmonic is opposite.. it's rather horrible actually. One of the worst experiences I've ever had trying to simply tweak basic parameters.

This is 100% a no-go with it's default behavior.

EDIT: How on earth did this get through beta?????? The mouse sensitivity is all over the place. It varies drastically from one control to another. Some take literal meters of mouse movement to get from one extreme to the other while others (like the EQ bands) move crazy fast. A tiny movement makes the control jump from one extreme to the other. Also why the hell does horizontal sliders force you to drag the mouse horizontally?? There is a GOOD REASON why no other synthesizers require this. Because it's so damn stupid. WTF is this design choice??

EDIT2: This has to be bugged. There's no way anybody would ever do it this badly on purpose.

Mac M1 Mini, Reaper 6.80, VST3.. using the demo version of Plasmonic. It's virtually unusable. I can't even use it for a few minutes without giving up in absolute frustration. Deleted.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:30 pm Is there any way to change the mouse behavior in Plasmonic so that when I drag up/down on horizontal sliders, it just works? Also, is there any way to change the mouse sensitivity/smoothing? It's horrible.

I find the mouse control of parameters extremely frustrating. Very bad smoothing, meaning I need to to move my mouse a lot just to go from one extreme of a control to the other.

Plasmonic mouse control feels pretty much like 100% the opposite of something like FabFilter where controls are really natural feeling and you get a ton of control. Large fast mouse movements do large increments while still not sacrificing accuracy when doing slow precise movements. Plasmonic is opposite.. it's rather horrible actually. One of the worst experiences I've ever had trying to simply tweak basic parameters.

This is 100% a no-go with it's default behavior.

EDIT: How on earth did this get through beta?????? The mouse sensitivity is all over the place. It varies drastically from one control to another. Some take literal meters of mouse movement to get from one extreme to the other while others (like the EQ bands) move crazy fast. A tiny movement makes the control jump from one extreme to the other. Also why the hell does horizontal sliders force you to drag the mouse horizontally?? There is a GOOD REASON why no other synthesizers require this. Because it's so damn stupid. WTF is this design choice??

EDIT2: This has to be bugged. There's no way anybody would ever do it this badly on purpose.

Mac M1 Mini, Reaper 6.80, VST3.. using the demo version of Plasmonic. It's virtually unusable. I can't even use it for a few minutes without giving up in absolute frustration. Deleted.
Do you realise that the controls have a coarse and a fine area each? :wink:
The left side/up is coarse, the right side/down is fine.

Cheers,

Tom

ThomasHelzle wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:38 pm Do you realise that the controls have a coarse and a fine area each? :wink:
The left side/up is coarse, the right side/down is fine.
To his credit I find the controls a bit hard to get used to as well, left/down should be course, the logic isn’t intuitive IMO.

Return to “Instruments”