Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

I'm amazed my VSL SE libraries still work with Instrument Pro, surprisingly well, in comparison to my old 4ghz iMac. Samples load at least 5x fast. I did ask them about Native over a year ago. They said they were working on it.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:21 am I'm amazed my VSL SE libraries still work with Instrument Pro, surprisingly well, in comparison to my old 4ghz iMac. Samples load at least 5x fast. I did ask them about Native over a year ago. They said they were working on it.
What the hell is Instrument Pro? too vague to google..

It's VSL's premium sample player, the predecessor of Synchron, or whatever it is. It is exceedingly complex and I have given up trying to get it to do what it says it can do. I would need far more patience, or someone showing me in person.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Creative Intent plugins:

Remnant 1.2.0
Tantrum 1.3.0

Both Silicon Native.

Pro Tools will release a public M1 native beta this month and the final native version early 2023.
according to an article on Production Expert

Last update on
https://asaudio.tech/
is dated on 24 of November :tu:
Maybe Tello is on Holliday :wink:
Last edited by Atlatnesiti on Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jamcat wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:41 pm All I'm missing are some plugins that don't seem to be in development anymore:

Virtual Sound Stage
PG-8X
Jamstix
ezplayer

And of those, the only one I really care about is Virtual Sound Stage.
I am the owner of VirtualSoundStage1.
I would like to upgrade to VirtualSoundStage2, but I have not received an email after requesting an upgrade code.
I contacted support and got no response at all.
Is it impossible to buy VSS2 at the upgrade price?
Can I only buy at full price anymore?

NoiseAsh Sweetcase is AS native since version 1.4.0

Boz Digital Labs "Plus 10db 2" is now native silicon (compressor/expander and EQ).

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:00 pm Boz Digital Labs "Plus 10db 2" is now native silicon (compressor/expander and EQ).
This post has not been updated to show this.
https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/the-grea ... te-of-2022

So now after waiting for years, literally, for M1 updates, and only about 25% through his catalog, he's now asking for a paid upgrade when previously stated these would be free? f**k Boz! No wonder he did it under cover of darkness.

https://www.facebook.com/BozDigitalLabs
Boz Digital Labs
Yeah. These updates will be free. We're doing it to make sure all our plugins will be as future proof as possible, and also making it easier to update plugins in the future.

The Plus 10DB 2 update includes oversampling, m1 support, resizable GUI...I don't remember previously having an EQ (was that always part of it - I didn't use it much and only to smash drum rooms). I don't love having to pay but a one-time $20 upgrade fee isn't unreasonable IMO. I don't have Facebook so had never saw that it would be free, and yeah, that's a bit annoying but I don't mind tossing in $20 for the support and new features).

AAAAAAAAAAAA wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:11 pm
jamcat wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:41 pm All I'm missing are some plugins that don't seem to be in development anymore:

Virtual Sound Stage
PG-8X
Jamstix
ezplayer

And of those, the only one I really care about is Virtual Sound Stage.
I am the owner of VirtualSoundStage1.
I would like to upgrade to VirtualSoundStage2, but I have not received an email after requesting an upgrade code.
I contacted support and got no response at all.
Is it impossible to buy VSS2 at the upgrade price?
Can I only buy at full price anymore?
Unfortunately Gabriel hasn’t replied to any emails or support requests in a couple years. It’s been total radio silence. There has been some discussion of it on the vi-control forum.

He took a job at Holoplot, and it looks like he just dropped VSS completely. He had been talking about a major overhaul for Virtual Sound Stage 3, and possibly some partnership with another developer or something. So I don’t know if it’s totally dead, or if it’s in someone else’s hands, or if he’s still working on it in his spare time. It was last updated in 2018 when 2.0.1 was released. I think automated systems are still working, like requesting a new keyfile. Purchases might still work too, but it could be a gamble. No one seems to have any way of getting in contact with him.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:12 pm The Plus 10DB 2 update includes oversampling, m1 support, resizable GUI...I don't remember previously having an EQ (was that always part of it - I didn't use it much and only to smash drum rooms). I don't love having to pay but a one-time $20 upgrade fee isn't unreasonable IMO. I don't have Facebook so had never saw that it would be free, and yeah, that's a bit annoying but I don't mind tossing in $20 for the support and new features).
I don't use Facebook either, but when Boz remained silent about updates earlier this year I went looking for what gives and found his posts there. I did have to go dig yesterday to find where I had read the note about free updates, but like an elephant I never forget. :hihi:

I have licenses to more than half of Boz's paid catalog and have generally supported him in the past publicly and with my money. +10db is the first of the ones I care about to get an M1 uplift, and my concern is that now he's going to pull the same with the rest (and take another year to get there). I mean Waves charged for M1 updates (because I was out of WUP) but at least they did them fast. It's really not about the money. It's about the lack of communication, the slow going, and the reneged promises. Boz, how about update v1 with M1 support and stay true to your word, or at the very least issue a mea culpa and explain why the decision was made. But to do nothing and not even update the page where you are purportedly tracking such progress just sloppy and disrespectful to your customers. Also telling that my support enquiry about this has also still gone unanswered.

All that's left for me is some Plugin Alliance stuff I don't really know I give s* about anymore, u-he's Uhbiks (I don't worry about them) and Reason Studios (who seem to not care about being late to any party...)
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:41 pm All that's left for me is some Plugin Alliance stuff I don't really know I give s* about anymore
Metric AB is an important one for me. I see ADPTR Audio's Sculpt is M1 native now, so I hope Metric AB is coming soon.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”