Nexus 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:55 pm I am undecided between Expansions Dance Orchestra and Hollywood, even after listening to the audio demos. I need to choose only one for now. I am not doing orchestra/soundtrack work, but I thought it would be nice to add a good collection of orchestra type sounds in my collection for use in other genres as this particular category is probably the most lacking in Nexus4 factory content and the Expansions that I already have.

Which one should I pick first? Any advice would be appreciated.
Posting it here as well, just in case.

Expansions Dance Orchestra more universal. I had the same dilemma as you and I chose Dance Orchestra.

DanKoz wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:47 pm Expansions Dance Orchestra more universal. I had the same dilemma as you and I chose Dance Orchestra.
Oh, great! Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it. :tu:

Did you like it as much as you thought you would? I think it is a good blend between getting real orchestral sounds along with some others and not totally hollywood/soundtrack style like the Hollywood one?

Compared to these garden and extensive orchestral samples libraries, these seem very modest but for the needs of the pop and dance music in general, they are accessible and ready to use without a long -term setting and preparation,

Okay, thanks for the feedback. I went with Dance Orchestra for now and it turned out to be a good decision. :)

What about the Analog Drums and Dance Drums expansions? Are they still relevant nowadays?

Loudness_Contour wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:58 pm What about the Analog Drums and Dance Drums expansions? Are they still relevant nowadays?
I think they are decent (not essential), but since they are $20 on sale, they are a useful tool to bring you to the 50% maximum discount when buying 5 expansions together. So, for example, if I only want 2 of the on-sale $50 expansions but can spend a little more, I will choose a couple of $50 expansions and add three $10 ones that I like along with them to make it a good deal.

You only get the max/additional discount on one pack tough (the cheapest, no?) not across the multiple packs in a bulk purchase. Right?

That’s what it looked like to me when I was adding stuff to my cart.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:29 am You only get the max/additional discount on one pack tough (the cheapest, no?) not across the multiple packs in a bulk purchase. Right?

You can get discounts on multiple things, but the most expensive one will be full price. So if you have 2 $50 expansions and 2 $20 expansions, it would be like this:
XP1 $50
XP2 $25
XP3 $10
XP4 $10

skarvika wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:35 am
revvy wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:29 am You only get the max/additional discount on one pack tough (the cheapest, no?) not across the multiple packs in a bulk purchase. Right?

You can get discounts on multiple things, but the most expensive one will be full price. So if you have 2 $50 expansions and 2 $20 expansions, it would be like this:
XP1 $50
XP2 $25
XP3 $10
XP4 $10
*XP5 $10
* slight edit, since you need 5 minimum to reach 50% off.

Exactly. It is 50% off of all but the most expensive one, which is always the full price (ideally would have been nice to have all expansions for 50% off when you bought 5 or more at once), but at least the system is better than before.

Better than I thought.

Not enough to tempt me right now, though.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:54 am Better than I thought.

FWIW, this is the best it gets and only once a year.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:15 am

Sure, sounds good

I’ve only recently bought Nexus with the 10-pack bundle, so I think I better wait a year before I splash any more cash.

revvy wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:27 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:15 am

Sure, sounds good

I’ve only recently bought Nexus with the 10-pack bundle, so I think I better wait a year before I splash any more cash.
Oh I see. Good idea to wait for the next sale then. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”