Soundpaint has made me look at sampled instruments again.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You would have thought the voucher was valid for any purchase if it's a pro-mo, not for a new account sign up? I know the dev's are active on Discord, I'll ask.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Mr Arkadin wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:51 pm I tried it, i guess someone else got there first as it didn't work.

There are some good reasonably-priced libraries in Soundpaint for sure. I think the idea was they wouldn't have sales if I remember correctly.
Right. They just give you fantastic deals as the "regular" price. It's very refreshing and so is the sampler.

The 48 Khz limitation to imported samples is ridiculous. None of my samples are 48 Khz.

I would be curious to hear from anyone who has bought their saxes and just how realistic they REALLY are (sound-wise and playing-wise).

Danilo Villanova wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:08 pm The 48 Khz limitation to imported samples is ridiculous. None of my samples are 48 Khz.
Yeah I think they are supposed to come out with 44.1 soon but can't say.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:08 pm The 48 Khz limitation to imported samples is ridiculous. None of my samples are 48 Khz.
That is no longer the case with version 2 which was recently released.

The first beta version does not work in Logic Pro 10.7.5 as it does not pass AU validation. Waiting for an update as the program itself seems to be nice.

mixyguy2 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:26 pm I would be curious to hear from anyone who has bought their saxes and just how realistic they REALLY are (sound-wise and playing-wise).
I bought the soprano and the tenor, they sound very good to me and are very playable in legato mode…I had a couple of $15 off codes from referral links so got them both for 30 and in my opinion definitely worth it. Still seeing a few bugs with the beta (occasional delay before loading) but nothing that stops me playing.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Thanks. Curious, what other sax plugins have you tried and how did they stack up to Soundpaint's?

wltchris101 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:19 pm Hi. I've been ignoring this development because I've not been using sampled instruments a great deal over the last year or so. However, I just checked it out and they have some really nice and cheap instruments - plus the player seems pretty cool as well. On top of that, once you've registered their player, you can download a rather nice, and deeply sampled Steinway grand piano library for free!

You can use this code to get $15 off your first order.
http://soundpaint.refr.cc/wltchris
Thanks. Bought Terry for a fiver.

mixyguy2 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:59 am Thanks. Curious, what other sax plugins have you tried and how did they stack up to Soundpaint's?
No 'sax' plugins., but I have a real alto sax and a AKAI EWI Solo. I do have some saxes in Kontakt and EW Opus but never really use them, I don't like key switches or having to program sounds for realism , I like the way the Soundpaint wind stuff just 'play' with no fuss.

FYI the samples all come from https://8dio.com/ I think- they made a lot of Kontakt based stuff before they developed their own player so there are reviews about...but its much cheaper to buy it for their player!

soulata wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:06 am
wltchris101 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:19 pm Hi. I've been ignoring this development because I've not been using sampled instruments a great deal over the last year or so. However, I just checked it out and they have some really nice and cheap instruments - plus the player seems pretty cool as well. On top of that, once you've registered their player, you can download a rather nice, and deeply sampled Steinway grand piano library for free!

You can use this code to get $15 off your first order.
http://soundpaint.refr.cc/wltchris
Thanks. Bought Terry for a fiver.
No problem. Thank you. I've bought several for no brainer prices now. 🙂

Yeah, right at the beginning when it came out I was a bit mixed, but it's getting stronger all the time.
Here is my referral link for 15$ off your first purchase in case anybody is interested:
http://soundpaint.refr.cc/thomashelzle
May go for the wind instruments for my EWI USB...
The SWAM instruments are a bit tame for my taste, so I mostly use Respiro, but these sound quite good.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

I crossgraded the CAGE Strings to the new Soundpaint version, got a code for anyone that wants it:

http://soundpaint.refr.cc/antonyr

Hopefully this thread won't just digress into a "please use my reference code so I get a discount"

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”