Behringer pro 800

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Behringer would know about chip shortages too, I think, so no excuse to say a few months and then 2 years silence. More like tacticts to presume sooner to make people wait, kind of.

Hardly.

There's zero benefit of making people wait.

lfm wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:40 am Jan 2021 Behringer released an update and said in a few months, then nothing for 2 years.
- I even put a question on their forum and nothing at all was revealed.

What came instead these years was about Ub-Xa which was silence since as well. This was as Oberheim announced OB-X8 for some reason, like these would have same customer base with 5k-pricetag.

My Prologue-8 and REV2-16 module is having me covered as analog synths. Nordlead 2X as VA and master keyboard for computer. Kawai MP7SE piano and Hammond XK3c organ.

Sorry, Behringer - not this time...
A few months after January 2021 was when the component shortage and ridiculous freight costs really hit. That wasn't something they could have predicted in January 2021.
So while I agree they shouldn't have kept announcing more products when they weren't able to ship anything, the root causes were out of their control. Those global issues are finally beginning to get resolved.

If they're planning to release in April next year, it would mean they will soon ramp up mass production, so I would give them the benefit of the doubt this time. They should have a fairly good idea of the expected release date simply based on the rate of production and target volume. Of course something unexpected could still happen, like China going to war or whatever, but things should start to become somewhat more predictable going forward.

This morning they are teasing what looks to be a Jupiter 8 (unconfirmed) indicating that they are starting to get chips in numbers now. Hopefully we'll see some releases this year. I'm looking forward to their CR-78 clone the most. The Poly 800 looks good too and I'm expanding my System 100 rig.

People seem to have a problem understanding that synths are the side project of Uli. Synths are not the main product of Behringer and not the primary source of income thus have a lower priority than their other stuff.
I saw people comparing them to companies that are mainly doing or only synths. It's not a fair comparison.

Btw I saw people complaining that this is a clone of a synth that nobody wants.
Uli makes clones of popular synths? Bad! Original developers should do them and nobody else!
Uli makes clones of unpopular synths that nobody wants to clone? Bad! Uli should clone synths that everybody wants!

People... :hihi:

Sounds great in this short video too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA4IiKcC-s0
Ableton Live 11,Push 3/Deepmind 12D, Roland VT4, TR-8S, Roland Fantom 06, Zoom MS-70CDR

pixel85 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:31 pm People seem to have a problem understanding that synths are the side project of Uli. Synths are not the main product of Behringer and not the primary source of income thus have a lower priority than their other stuff.
I'm doubtful. There's surely a lot of ressources and manufacturing sites necessary to produce synths in such quantities, and, they had a lot of success with their clones.

The last thing I need right now is another analog poly, but man this thing sounds great! If this thing does hit the streets early next year, I just might have to pounce on one.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

No interest but sounds like a bag full of cool, nice to see it has full cc impementation. Not sure about those membrane buttons tho.

Need some more telling sound examples. The original sounds great judging by the Youtube videos I watched.

Definitely interests me. I'm not interested enough in Prophets to buy one, but at that price I could be tempted for a Behringer one. Same for all poly analogues really, I just don't need or want them, but entry price could tempt me. The fact it's Behringer doesn't put me off, actually it attracts me, cos out of 3 I've bought, 2 are brilliant. Wasp is very limited but so good at what it does, a true gem of a fun quirky character synth, Monopoly is a beast of a synth, and the only disappointment is the TD3. Actually I love the sound of the TD3, especially its distortion, but I simply forgot how much I hate 303 sequencers which makes it buyer error, not seller error.

Personally I'd prefer a keyboard on it, but others will like this format. It'll prolly sell like hot cakes. They've been making noises about a Jupiter for a while - I'll buy one of those immediately, untested, so likely hang back on a Pro800. Still...a new toy won't go amiss.

Edit...forgot I actually bought 4 - 2600 but for some reason I just haven't got around to actually using it yet. Weird, I dunno why? :?

kritikon wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:30 pm Edit...forgot I actually bought 4 - 2600 but for some reason I just haven't got around to actually using it yet. Weird, I dunno why? :?
That one looks very intriguing to me. The other one that always sounds great to me in demos is the Neutron. As for the Jupiter, that one seems like it’s going to turn the poly synth market on its head if/when it hits the streets. I expect it will probably sell out immediately and be backordered for a while.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Great sounds, definitely on my list
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

chk071 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:22 pm
pixel85 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:31 pm People seem to have a problem understanding that synths are the side project of Uli. Synths are not the main product of Behringer and not the primary source of income thus have a lower priority than their other stuff.
I'm doubtful. There's surely a lot of ressources and manufacturing sites necessary to produce synths in such quantities, and, they had a lot of success with their clones.
Before 2017 they didn't even manufacture synths. They still have a huge range of audio products like mixers, effects, amplifiers, speakers etc: https://www.behringer.com/catalog.html? ... geNumber=1

On the whole, synths still make up just a small portion of their product catalog, and analog synth clones are a relatively niche market compared to some of their other markets. It would make sense for them to reallocate resources to those more important markets during a component shortage.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”