Steven Slate VSX Headphone

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

legendCNCD wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:03 pm https://stevenslateaudio.com/vsx
3.0 update is available and on gearspace people are gushing over how tight the response is now. I havent yet tried, just updated.
Definite improvement, everything just sounds better

legendCNCD wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:03 pm https://stevenslateaudio.com/vsx
3.0 update is available and on gearspace people are gushing over how tight the response is now. I havent yet tried, just updated.
It certainly seems a little more precise to me now. I was actually dreading the update as I felt I'd finally got to grips with the sound of version 2, but having worked with it yesterday I'm pretty pleased. Mikes NS10s are now my go-to for balancing mids, and the Adams in the new Zuma room give me the top end detail I haven't really found in any of the other models.

3.03 update is out now
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

.. and 3.03 is absolutely AMAZING! I know I have to be careful here but this might be it. This might be 100% "perfect" now.

VSX has been the best purchase ever. Like, EVER, in my whole career in audio.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:45 pm .. and 3.03 is absolutely AMAZING! I know I have to be careful here but this might be it. This might be 100% "perfect" now.

I was happy with 3.0 this iteration just makes it better with the slight tweaks, can't imagine what v4 will be like

got it installed but yet to try it but looks promising from the responses
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

bmanic wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:45 pm .. and 3.03 is absolutely AMAZING! I know I have to be careful here but this might be it. This might be 100% "perfect" now.

Same here, man. No more padding the concrete cube ffs.. :help: :hihi:
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro

Anyone know of a seller that ships to Australia but isn't in Australia or the U.K.?
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Agreed - gone from "quite pleased" to "very very happy - please leave this alone now!"

Well DANG if they dont sound good now. Jeez whoa I tried to turn my head with the boombox to hear the side balance better and *uhh* yeah they're virtual not real! That really shaked my head :lol:

Yeah this might be the 100% perfect. Yamaha's sound now a lot like what I've used to and overall picture seems to be more stable.

is the essential edition the same headphone, but with a few rooms less? or is this a different product?
🇷🇺

greententacle wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:47 pm is the essential edition the same headphone, but with a few rooms less? or is this a different product?
Yes the difference in versions is just the amount of rooms, the hardware & software running it is the same

I’ve been dreading the update because the last one was tedious, but your enthusiasm is gonna push me to set it up tonight.

Are you still liking the update, almost a month later?

Digivolt wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:53 pm
greententacle wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:47 pm is the essential edition the same headphone, but with a few rooms less? or is this a different product?
Yes the difference in versions is just the amount of rooms, the hardware & software running it is the same
thanks!
are those additional rooms worth +200€ in your opinion?
🇷🇺

greententacle wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:46 am
Digivolt wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:53 pm
thanks!
are those additional rooms worth +200€ in your opinion?
I'm not sure, all the rooms are great with the latest update but I'm not sure I would miss them if I only had essential as Steven's room & Sonoma are both good, but they're all good so it's hard to judge really, I like the choice and I don't mind I paid 200 more but if I only had essential version, I'd be happy with that too and maybe just pick an extra room or 2 on/if they do a sale ?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”