Xfer OTT - alternatives?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes. Carry on then :) i wanna know more :D

Tried mo-tt today and I don’t think its great. Freebies are snappier

MichaelWhiteMusic wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:37 pm There's a plugin called OxyOTT which is coming next month I think. I'm part of the beta and it's like MOTT from slate digital(with all the features) and more including Linear Phase filters so it doesn't mess with phase.
Just curious... who needs linear phase filters in an OTT???

In most situations linear phase just causes problems... preringing...latency...
The compressor action already changes the sound completely... I think phase issues are the least noticeable...
Am I missing here something?

I prefer Crammit to OTT 🙂
No auto tune...

Trancit wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:45 am
MichaelWhiteMusic wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:37 pm There's a plugin called OxyOTT which is coming next month I think. I'm part of the beta and it's like MOTT from slate digital(with all the features) and more including Linear Phase filters so it doesn't mess with phase.
Just curious... who needs linear phase filters in an OTT???

In most situations linear phase just causes problems... preringing...latency...
The compressor action already changes the sound completely... I think phase issues are the least noticeable...
Am I missing here something?
i have NEVER had preringing using linear phase plugins, NEVER. Of course if you make a big low cut in a linear phase eq youre going to find pre ringing but i avoid doing stuff like that.

Back to OTT with linear phase, well, sometimes i put it on buses and i like how it glues things, but if you want to put it in paralell then you have a massive phase cancellation, clearly audible, and on drums it destroys the transient even if its 0% because of the "minimum phase"
so with Linear Phase you can do that with no problems at all. Also, using this thing in a very subtle way doesn't change the sound completely!

MichaelWhiteMusic wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:22 am i have NEVER had preringing using linear phase plugins, NEVER. Of course if you make a big low cut in a linear phase eq youre going to find pre ringing but i avoid doing stuff like that.
Aren't you making big low/high cuts when you're splitting the signal into frequency bands?

Held wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:06 pm
MichaelWhiteMusic wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:22 am i have NEVER had preringing using linear phase plugins, NEVER. Of course if you make a big low cut in a linear phase eq youre going to find pre ringing but i avoid doing stuff like that.
Aren't you making big low/high cuts when you're splitting the signal into frequency bands?
not necesary, you can always split the signal with 6db slope or 12, anyway i just wanted to let the guy know about this cause he asked for an alternative, dont wanna argue with anyone about pre ringing. It works for me so that's enough :)

Return to “Effects”