Available now: Tone2 Saurus4 analog synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

BONES wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:31 am Studio One doesn't seem to like VST3 much.
Studio One hides most of my VST2 plugins if they also have a VST3 version installed.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

It doesn't hide any of mine, I have to do it manually. There is probably a setting somewhere.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Feature request:

Would it be possible to have a 10kHz and or 12kHz roll-off option? I love that low and high cuts are available but 8k is quite brutal. Thanks!
Always Read the Manual!

Yes. This is possible with reasonable effort for a future update. I added it to the feature requests thread in our forum so I don't forget about it

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:05 pm Yes. This is possible with reasonable effort for a future update. I added it to the feature requests thread in our forum so I don't forget about it
Thanks Markus! I'm a new Saurus user and I'm really enjoying it, great work! The little touches like high/low cuts, fixed matrix envelope/LFOs are really handy and elegant touches. I hope that more developers will include such features in future products :)
Always Read the Manual!

I think I'm not alone wishing there was a medium-size GUI scale.
The big one is bigger (I'd say almost too big) than the one in Icarus, while being much less busy
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

I hope the VST3 version of Saurus would be fixed also (the GUI). I'm using Windows with 150% scaled:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Your issue has been fixed for the upcoming update

Coming soon: Saurus 4.0

The update to v4.0 is a major update that is available for free for all Saurus users.

New features - interface:

GUI with 20 different sizes (with and without keys).
Native support for WQHD, 4K, 5K and 8K UHD displays.
GUI can be scaled from 66% up to 300% by clicking in the lower right corner.
Smoother animations and more responisve controls.
Support for hardware-acceleration.
Ultrasharp graphics with enhanced HiDpi and Retina Display support.
Automatic detection of the ideal GUI size.
Completely rewritten GUI code.
The animations are faster and smoother.
Fine-tuned some coordinates in the interface.
Re-sizing the VST3, Standalone and Audiounit works more reliable.
Fine-tuned some colors.
Patch browser can now also be opened by clicking on 'BROWSER' or the display on the upper left.
A finger is shown when hovering over 'BROWSER' to indicate that the control is click - able.

Enhancements - sound quality:

The audio-engine now uses 64-bit precision instead of 32-bit, which results in a higher sound-quality.
Slightly enhanced sound of the automatic micro-tuning.
Enhanced sound of the Reverb.

Fixes:

Some DAWs could show VST3 version on PC with an incorrect size when Windows scaling was used.

Free demo download:
https://www.tone2.com/demo/Tone2_Saurus4_demo_PC.zip
https://www.tone2.com/demo/Tone2_Saurus4_demo_Mac.pkg

You been busy..
Thanks for all of these Markus.
rsp
sound sculptist

Thank you so much Markus :tu: Very generous of you 😀

Markus Krause wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:01 pm Coming soon: Saurus 4.0

The update to v4.0 is a major update that is available for free for all Saurus users.
Thanks! Not many other developers do that for a major version update! :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

awesome! Markus is on a rush, so many updates, i didnt update my tone2 plugins yet but i cannot wait to do it! :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Thank you so much, though I wish Saurus would still have a 2nd filter, 3rd LFO, or better-sounding ringmod. Also wish that the modulator for the filter FM would have a ratio option. Still excited though!

Edit: I hope Warlock will get something too.

Nice, Markus, thanks for the great updates. Saurus is underrated, I think.

Return to “Instruments”