Why don’t u-he synths Sound as good as hardware?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kaboom75
KVRAF
1777 posts since 4 Sep, 2011 from England

Post Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:23 pm

u-he synths will never sound like hardware untill they add screws and damage to the GUIs.

roman.i
KVRist
442 posts since 25 Aug, 2019

Post Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:03 pm

Kaboom75 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:23 pm u-he synths will never sound like hardware untill they add screws and damage to the GUIs.
that's why repro sounds so good.

User avatar
Boy Wonder
KVRian
533 posts since 30 Jan, 2021

Post Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:32 am

Kaboom75 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:23 pm u-he synths will never sound like hardware untill they add screws and damage to the GUIs.
...with a few scratches and rust spots on the UI here and there for flavour.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

mixyguy2
KVRian
584 posts since 2 Mar, 2018

Post Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:43 pm

YnJ wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:09 am Hardware always sounds better as it has physical presence and is more expensive, therefore it must sound better. It's how the human brain works
Of course. That's why paid plugins always sound better than free ones and the more it costs the better they are.

This thread should be stickied. Although I guess it's moot with everyone replying.

Which brings us to another point: the more replies a thread has the better it is.

whassup
KVRist
204 posts since 2 Oct, 2021

Post Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:23 am

mixyguy2 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:43 pm
YnJ wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:09 am Hardware always sounds better as it has physical presence and is more expensive, therefore it must sound better. It's how the human brain works
Of course. That's why paid plugins always sound better than free ones and the more it costs the better they are.

This thread should be stickied. Although I guess it's moot with everyone replying.

Which brings us to another point: the more replies a thread has the better it is.
Add to this list:
The more hardware synths my studio pics show you,
the more I tell you that I worked with Michale Jacksonn, Elviz and Mozartt Bacch,
the more authoritative I talk,
the more words I use
and the more often I post the same stuff because when I say so it is so.
Then... my synths will ALL sound better than your cheapo software.
And no stack of analog plugins
even if they are new and on sale on top of your
cheapo software wannabee synths will make that change in any way.
Because it's analog.
and so much more!
And rare.
Did I mention that I tracked to 3 inch tape?
Through my super rare custom made secret sauce
tube analog solid yeah preamps through my
mega rare Tube compressor that was hand build
by Nicole Tesla's husband and only then
super converted at supersonic high speed
to ProTools on a Mac?
More oversampling just because.
Something like that, exactly!

:hihi:

And if this does end this thread, then I am disappointed.

:dog: :hug:

User avatar
Synthman2000
KVRian
750 posts since 27 Apr, 2016

Post Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:19 am

I am occasionally asked if my music is only software. I would have to be controversial and say it may be down to your own abilities, or lack thereof to program synths and engineer and mix music.

It is not easy and whilst you think it may be, you are wrong. Unless you have spectacular natural abilities it takes a very long time.
Last edited by Synthman2000 on Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

chk071
KVRAF
33355 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:20 am

whassup wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:23 am
mixyguy2 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:43 pm
YnJ wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:09 am Hardware always sounds better as it has physical presence and is more expensive, therefore it must sound better. It's how the human brain works
Of course. That's why paid plugins always sound better than free ones and the more it costs the better they are.

This thread should be stickied. Although I guess it's moot with everyone replying.

Which brings us to another point: the more replies a thread has the better it is.
Add to this list:
The more hardware synths my studio pics show you,
the more I tell you that I worked with Michale Jacksonn, Elviz and Mozartt Bacch,
the more authoritative I talk,
the more words I use
and the more often I post the same stuff because when I say so it is so.
Then... my synths will ALL sound better than your cheapo software.
And no stack of analog plugins
even if they are new and on sale on top of your
cheapo software wannabee synths will make that change in any way.
Because it's analog.
and so much more!
And rare.
Did I mention that I tracked to 3 inch tape?
Through my super rare custom made secret sauce
tube analog solid yeah preamps through my
mega rare Tube compressor that was hand build
by Nicole Tesla's husband and only then
super converted at supersonic high speed
to ProTools on a Mac?
More oversampling just because.
Something like that, exactly!

:hihi:

And if this does end this thread, then I am disappointed.

:dog: :hug:
To be fair, the least people around here are real hardware snobs.

Gearspace might be a different thing.

Azbest
KVRist
236 posts since 17 Oct, 2020

Post Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:42 pm

Hardware is cool, software is cool, hybrid setup FTW.

User avatar
HAL76
KVRist
341 posts since 9 Feb, 2019

Post Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:26 pm


whassup
KVRist
204 posts since 2 Oct, 2021

Post Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:24 am

HAL76 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:26 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxi1hNKRp9U
:love: :love: :love:

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”