Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Scream

vitocorleone123 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:54 am Love the plugin, but how do I keep Random and Mutate from messing up the stereo image? That is, I'd love to be able to lock that so those buttons can't suddenly shift all the sound to the left speaker.
hi there most sound similar but i hace to activate the "mod" and then the "hd" .. but some don't like this one.. is there a way to always use "mod" and "hd" when loading old projects? because i have to do it manually in every track i have the scream.. so it is kind of confusing.. thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tuOJX9 ... share_link

I bought this but have never installed or demo'ed or even used it cause I don't play guitar. Is this any good? Does anyone use this on synths ever?

briefcasemanx wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:13 am I bought this but have never installed or demo'ed or even used it cause I don't play guitar. Is this any good? Does anyone use this on synths ever?
Yes and yes! Use it on anything and everything

briefcasemanx wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:13 am I bought this but have never installed or demo'ed or even used it cause I don't play guitar. Is this any good? Does anyone use this on synths ever?
I don’t play guitar either and have been trying it on anything I want to add distortion to.

Since I bought it, I guess I could at least install it and see if it sounds cool, I guess? Maybe I'll try my purchase?

yeah sometimes on 303 emulations

Yeah, it’s killer on 303. Particularly with some of the mods to keep more of the bass.

Not actually used on guitars yet but drums and piano.

Really like the update with the new editing, mutating and such. Yet to dig in but editing the schematic should make a little more sense than my previous modding attempts.

I use it on the master. With the mods, of course.

The Zener/D02CZ24 sounds weirdly clean compared to the other 2 zeners ,like theres no distortion at all, is this normal behaviour Andy?

will be nice on the new "Scream" version we could use the mouse wheel to change the parameters .. much easier to work with..

so far the scream isnt operating and behaving very well, making pops when engaging, lost all presets, oh well can always uninstall and go back

Andy, maybe I am doing something wrong, but when I open the old projects with modded Scream, the actual settings I use is on MOD2, while the plugin initializes on MOD1. This confused me as I for a while was using Scream on the master, and hearing the mix like it was played through default settings sound like something was broken. Is there any global setting for this?

Did I dream that this had been released?

jtsterays wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:30 am The Zener/D02CZ24 sounds weirdly clean compared to the other 2 zeners ,like theres no distortion at all, is this normal behaviour Andy?
It depends on the zener parameters, some are used at +-5V for clipping (with back to back zeners) for voltage regulation, but the batteries operate at 9V which is 4.5V with +-4.5V from that bias, which means they won't clip.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Return to “Effects”