The Studio Log - What Did You Do In The Studio

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mastering some tunes while remixing others.
Found more tunes that were worth mixing then I expected.

Getting ready to contact some record labels.

Have already heard from several from previous work.

Installed a few new plugins & updated a few older one's.

Made some noise with my SE-1X. Man, I love that synth :phones:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:31 am Made some noise with my SE-1X. Man, I love that synth :phones:
Nice. I'd love an SE-1X. I have an ATC-1 (with that weird mesh editor). You can only edit one parameter at a time (after selecting it first) :x Would love to replace it with some proper knobs and buttons. It's a gorgeous sounding synth all the same. :ud:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:48 am
cryophonik wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:31 am Made some noise with my SE-1X. Man, I love that synth :phones:
Nice. I'd love an SE-1X. I have an ATC-1 (with that weird mesh editor). You can only edit one parameter at a time (after selecting it first) :x Would love to replace it with some proper knobs and buttons. It's a gorgeous sounding synth all the same. :ud:
I’ve never owned an ATC-1 or ATC-X but the demos always sound great! I’ve been tempted to upgrade to the SE-3X for the extra filters, but I’m not convinced it would be worth it. I recently upgraded my SE-1X’s EPROM so it has the same functionality of the SE-3X, minus the additional filter options. I’m probably more tempted to buy a CODE/Omega 8, but that’s a lot of $$$$ :help:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I'm thinking about an SE-01 as a treat for myself. I like Studio Electronics' synths. I need to watch/listen some more demos first. It looks so tiny :?

Learned how to play Forbidden Colours on the piano*. Not a particularly productive day so far :)

* Although cheated by using a keyboard and transposing everything up a note so I can play it on the white keys.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Set up multiple monitors for easy switching to check mixes quickly.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:05 am I'm thinking about an SE-01 as a treat for myself. I like Studio Electronics' synths. I need to watch/listen some more demos first. It looks so tiny :?
I’ve thought about that one a few times myself, although it would probably be largely redundant with my SE-1X. Everyone complains about the tiny and apparently wobbly knobs and mini jacks on the SE-02, but it seems you’d at least get around the knob issue by creating a template on your ReMote SL.

got cut off during a live stream :x

vurt wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:48 pm got cut off during a live stream :x
Ow, can it be sewed back on? :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

vurt wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:48 pm got cut off during a live stream :x
Did you say the thing I advised you not to say?
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Cut my thumb doing various chores yesterday so I can't play bass for a few days yet. But I still more or less restored normality (or what passes for it) in my musical life by recording a thing with:

- Minibrute 2S/Kermit drone processed by Echobode
- Strega alternately pretending it's a Lyra-8 and a string section
- Shapeshifter osc 2 feeding through Beads to drive osc 1's shape
- Rings made super wonky by Koszalin, turned into a kind of hazy vibraphone
- Big wavefolded clusters from Just Friends (love the new firmware!)

Not much, mainly playing around with the Westlicht Performer sequencer’s ability to output CV from one track back into another meaning you can do stuff like have random note offset CV in one track applied to notes in another track that’s a different length meaning you get some nice happy accident(al)s.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”