Dead Developers - who are you missing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are Stillwell/schwa still developing or maintaining plugins? I haven't seen much activity on stillwell's site in the last fear years.

tonguesonpaper wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:18 am Are Stillwell/schwa still developing or maintaining plugins? I haven't seen much activity on stillwell's site in the last fear years.
I think they still do maintenance updates... I would love an Olga 2, that thing is surprisingly inspiring

Signal Noise and Sonic Anomaly
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

biscuitdough wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:02 am Oxe. "Fork it yourself" isn't a solution.
Oxe is on Github
Last update was 2016.

https://oxesoft.wordpress.com/

tonguesonpaper wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:18 am Are Stillwell/schwa still developing or maintaining plugins? I haven't seen much activity on stillwell's site in the last fear years.
As far as i know, they're actively working on Reaper.

Bob Moog

PatchAdamz wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:11 pm Bob Moog
That’s dark. Lol.

I'm sure Steve at Xfer records is busy behind the scenes, but boy he keeps things hush hush. Can't wait for Nerve 2, if it even happens.

William.

Oh wait. He must be still alive. He sent me 50 different emails from 50 different email addresses this Christmas.

Happy Christmas William.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:04 pm William.

Oh wait. He must be still alive. He sent me 50 different emails from 50 different email addresses this Christmas.

Happy Christmas William.
It's really extreme at the moment.
As I have withdrawn the permission to mail me (several times) this is the worst kind of criminal spamming I have had so far.
Disgusting person

VAZ Synths. Just thinking about Vaz modular fills me with happy nostalgia. I learned a lot from it and made some very elaborate patches that made stupid noises. It helped me to “get” synthesis.

LinPlug. I bought licenses for most of their products, including the paid version of Alpha, and had a great time with them.

Hollow Sun (Stephen Howell). His Kontakt instruments with scripting by Evil Dragon are are still available for purchase, but we lost an innovative and inspirational person when he passed.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Arts Acoustic, Nemesys, E-MU, PPG

cryophonik wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:00 am Artificial Audio. Obelisk is still one of my favorite effects ever and I’d love to see him revive it and develop more plugins
+1
BBFG# wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:30 pm Not dead hopefully, but dropped out of sight...
Boris.
I lost touch with him for several years, though I don't remember the 'why' details. I still have a beta I was testing for him, from way way back {Spheres II}, that was a little buggy, but seriously promising. I love his GUI's!

SP-2-1.gif

Boris is alive and kicking out new stuff, here:

https://2mgt.st8.ru/index.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

tonguesonpaper wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:18 amAre Stillwell/schwa still developing or maintaining plugins? I haven't seen much activity on stillwell's site in the last fear years.
Who cares? You can still buy the stuff, it all works, so I don't see a problem. In fact, I've bought both Olga and Oligarc in the past year.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:28 am
tonguesonpaper wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:18 amAre Stillwell/schwa still developing or maintaining plugins? I haven't seen much activity on stillwell's site in the last fear years.
Who cares? You can still buy the stuff, it all works, so I don't see a problem. In fact, I've bought both Olga and Oligarc in the past year.
Precisely! ^^^
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Instruments”