Added SFZ support: Apricot — Free Hybrid Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Apricot

Apricot beta version 0.9.0 released:
  • Custom skin support. From the "Settings" menu, select "Custom skin..." and choose a folder containing the customized image assets. A skin template is available on the downloads page (unzip it first). If the folder you select is missing an asset, it will fallback to the default skin for that image only.
  • Three new distortion modes. "Fold 1" is a sine-based wavefolding distortion. "Fold 2" is a sawtooth-based wavefolding distortion. "Fold 3' is a asymmetric blend of the two modes, creating very complex harmonics. These intense modes provide a harsh digital sound, and work well with basses.
Free download at https://nakst.itch.io/apricot, for Windows, macOS and Linux.

Thanks a bunch. Now, that Reaper supports CLAP, I very much enjoy playing with it.

This is a very nice synth for Linux! Thank you! :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Apricot: very cool! Probably a dumb question, but i could not get it to respond to pitch bend? (Clap version)

Pitch bend issue here also Clap in Reaper, also found it odd that there was no mod option for pressure/aftertouch.

Other than that, Apricot sounds great.

MRT wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:56 am Pitch bend issue here also Clap in Reaper, also found it odd that there was no mod option for pressure/aftertouch.

Other than that, Apricot sounds great.
Thank you for the feedback!

I have uploaded a new version, beta v0.9.2. This adds support for the pitch bend wheel, and it also adds a "MIDI Pressure" modulation source.

I don't actually have a MIDI keyboard with pressure/aftertouch support on hand, so I have not been able to test this myself! Please let me know if it is not working for you.

(Note: In the FL native version, the pressure modulation source is accessible as "Mod Y" in the piano roll.)

Nice!
Just did a quick test:
-Pitch bend: works, but range is a semitone max. Range can not be adjusted yet, correct ?
-Aftertouch: works, seems to be mono/channel aftertouch. Apricot (Clap) is already capable of polyphonic aftertouch, when using Bitwig's Expressions modulator. Will you be adding polyphonic AT as a modulation source within Apricot as well in the future ?
Thanks, Apricot sounds good and is very CPU friendly!

Already the previous CLAP version did do the pitch bends as expressions correctly (MPE setting 48.) In Bitwig you can translate any incoming PB to expressions in the track inspector. It depends on the script. My LinnStrument script does that already, that way it does not send PB at all, its transformed into expressions which are interpreted correctly by Apricot (and Fluctus)…

@TJ Shredder: ah, thanks for the Bitwig inspector tip, somehow I never needed to look there for pitchbend settings, but this totally solves the range issue :tu:

AuralBee wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:21 pm Nice!
Just did a quick test:
-Pitch bend: works, but range is a semitone max. Range can not be adjusted yet, correct ?
Correct. I might add a range adjustment for DAWs that don't support CLAP note expression sometime later.
AuralBee wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:21 pm -Aftertouch: works, seems to be mono/channel aftertouch. Apricot (Clap) is already capable of polyphonic aftertouch, when using Bitwig's Expressions modulator. Will you be adding polyphonic AT as a modulation source within Apricot as well in the future ?
Similarly, maybe in the future. But it low priority as CLAP plugins have other ways of doing this.
AuralBee wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:21 pm Thanks, Apricot sounds good and is very CPU friendly!
I am glad to hear you are enjoying the synth! :)

compared the detuning with my jp8000 and it seemed very acurate :)

It would be good if the about page would tell you which version of the plugin you actually have installed :)

DRMR wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:37 am It would be good if the about page would tell you which version of the plugin you actually have installed :)
Good idea, I'll add that in the next update.

nakst wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:57 am
DRMR wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:37 am It would be good if the about page would tell you which version of the plugin you actually have installed :)
Good idea, I'll add that in the next update.

any other plans?
Last edited by robindrieghe on Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

imageline messed up the upgrade to 21. among other things, Apricot will not start even though it was installed in FL format. an idea?

Return to “Instruments”