Fragile Gods - "When the Nighttime Comes"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great composition. I especially enjoyed the vocal melodies.

Allomerus wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:41 pm Great track Frantz. Has a lovely vibe with the music and the vocals sound like Gabriel and Bush when combined.
Well done!
:)
Gabriel and Bush -- high praise indeed. Thanks for checking this out. :)

justin3am wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:43 am Nicely done! I enjoyed it. Great lyrics.
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for checking this out justin. :)

markkuja wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:49 pm Sounds like nighttime comes with nightmare.
Well done electro pop ... nice groove.
I liked the lyrics and vocals.
Sounds good.
Yeah, I guess it is a bit of a nightmare. Thanks for your feedback Markku.

Bansaw wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:12 pm Loved it. The start was nice and dark, with some good sound choices (kick drum was great etc.)
Distortion on vocals was just right. Aika's vocals provide a perfect compliment to yours.
You seem to be getting better as times goes on!
Well done, sir!
Very much appreciated. Thanks Bansaw. :)

Pleasant melodies and a strong vocal duo!

I'd like to say just that for me personally, I liked a lot when you had your tracks with the processed dark voice (like in `Vanishing Point` or `City of the Dead` - which I really like a lot). I'm wondering how that might work in duet with Aika :)

I like the use of intense synth patterns that are, I think, as usual part of your trademark.

Cool track!
Cheers

Bombadil wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:52 pm Vocal sounds somewhat like Leonard Cohen, the music sounds like him, mid-80's.
As usual, very well done.
Leonard Cohen, that's a new and flattering comparison. Thanks! :)

Great work, as always!

I really like the overall cinematic feel of it that comes from synthetic soundscapes and lyrics. It's very sophisticated and "progressive" I should say. If this kind of music still can be described as "pop" than I could describe modern pop music as "brown noise".

The song itself gives me an image of being stuck in an ever ending routine in your life, constantly being depressive, anxious and slowly going nuts. Such familiar things I can totally relate to.
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

eassae wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:22 pm Nice work Frantz!
Thanks for lending me your ears. :)

enroe wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:42 am Very beautiful video. Very expressive. I also think it's particularly good that you
act there yourself - and underline exactly these lines of text. Well done! :clap:
Thanks for having a look. I do find the editing part of making videos interesting although they don't seem to get any traction on YouTube. Oh well. :shrug:

More comments later, but the first thing I noticed here was that I didn't need the lyric sheet for this one :) This may have been the case for a while, but I certainly noticed it here.

Great as usual...nice interplay between the two vocals, they sound good together

Genetic_Junk wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:02 pm Great composition. I especially enjoyed the vocal melodies.
Thanks. Glad you liked the vox. :)

Is Frantz returning to the dark side? On the evidence of the first 90 seconds, it seems that this will be the case. Will he manage to drag Aika, kicking and screaming (metaphorically) with him? It seemed unlikely, given her bright and melodic delivery in previous collaborations, but she seems to buy into Frantz' dark vision with relish. The lyrics work for me, and enroe already alluded to their "SciFi" "dystopian" nature.

The overall sound of the track (synths, drums) also seems to be darker than usual (almost hazy). I think it works very well. Do I also detect an increased use of reverb?

Good work :)

jackoo wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:41 pm Pleasant melodies and a strong vocal duo!

I'd like to say just that for me personally, I liked a lot when you had your tracks with the processed dark voice (like in `Vanishing Point` or `City of the Dead` - which I really like a lot). I'm wondering how that might work in duet with Aika :)

I like the use of intense synth patterns that are, I think, as usual part of your trademark.

Cool track!
I have been moving away from heavily distorted vocals as it is a bit of a cliche in 80s/90s industrial music. I also wanted the lyrics to be more intelligible on this one.

I am glad that you enjoyed it overall. Thanks for your comments. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”