Modalics - Beat Scholar/New drum sequencer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We are all busy playing with our toy and it simply works, all the feature requests had been posted.
Sometimes silence is a good sign. But if we would break the silence with music based on Beat Scholar, that wouldn‘t be bad at all…

New update 1.26 does not work, 1.21 does not work, last version that works in Windows/Reaper is 1.20.
You demo a plugin and if it works and you like it, you buy it, but you do not expect the plugin not to work any more on your system after the fifth update after about only 6 months.
Well ok, at least 1.20 still works, so it's ok.
Last edited by DCrown on Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

„Does not work“ ins‘t a helpful description. Nobody can fix a bug which is not explained, it might only be a problem in your personal setup… You assume its not working for everybody, but in my set everything is working fine…

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:36 am „Does not work“ ins‘t a helpful description. Nobody can fix a bug which is not explained, it might only be a problem in your personal setup… You assume its not working for everybody, but in my set everything is working fine…
How strange to assume that I would assume current update does not work for everybody??? Where did I write that?!
You might have a different computer than me, I contacted Modalics here on KVr directly, they are the ones who could help, I suppose. If it doesn't work any more, well, V 1.20 does, so have to use 1.20, I do not intend to upgrade my os for one dev only.
When I install 1.21 or 1.26 I get a message "RegisterSuspendResumeNotification" was not found in DLL "USER32.dll", when I open my daw.

I don‘t know much about Windows, but a quick search tells me that user32.dll is a windows function. You might not be on a supported Windows version if something in there is missing. Its not a bug per se and not under control of Modalics…

1.26 Working fine here on win 10 with Reaper, etc...

DCrown wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:43 am You might have a different computer than me, I contacted Modalics here on KVr directly, they are the ones who could help, I suppose. If it doesn't work any more, well, V 1.20 does, so have to use 1.20, I do not intend to upgrade my os for one dev only.
When I install 1.21 or 1.26 I get a message "RegisterSuspendResumeNotification" was not found in DLL "USER32.dll", when I open my daw.
A user reported this issue, missing function RegisterSuspendResumeNotification, on the Modalics Discord on 5th January. That user is running Windows 7. This function was added in Windows 8.

Eyal's response to this user was:

"Woah, I wonder what could have caused that to fail! It seems like the windows runtime files were somehow not linked to the bundle.

(Technically we’re not supporting Windows 7, but like you mentioned this is supposed to still work).

I will look into this shortly"

And when the user mentioned that they have good reasons to stay with Windows 7 Eyal responded:

"Yes, I don’t doubt your reasons. 🙂 the problem with supporting Windows 7 is we have no way of testing it, so I can only blindly fix something and hope it works."

I think your best course of action would be to contact Modalics support directly by clicking the Modalics logo in the top right corner of Beat Scholar and then click the Contact Us button and describe your specific circumstance for this error. Specifically mentioning that 1.20 works but not 1.21 could help them narrow the cause down.

Same here, can not run the update, hope they will give me the old installer.
Can not find it unfortunately.
What's modalics email?

Since they have given out their contact e-mail address earlier in this thread I don't see any problems with sharing it again. info@modalics.com

No offense guys but if you're going to run a software museum you really have to hang onto your installers. It comes with the territory.

For paid customers, where does one download the latest version?

pdxindy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:55 pm For paid customers, where does one download the latest version?
Demo should be the same download, I just get emailed a direct link from them and use that.

pekbro wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:06 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:55 pm For paid customers, where does one download the latest version?
Demo should be the same download, I just get emailed a direct link from them and use that.
Do you get emailed each time there is an update? Or the original email from them with the download will always download the latest?

pdxindy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:15 pm
Do you get emailed each time there is an update? Or the original email from them with the download will always download the latest?
Lately yeah, I've been getting emails pretty regularly for the last few updates, though I don't recall it always being that way. Seems like they may still be working to streamline their services.

pekbro wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:23 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:15 pm
Lately yeah, I've been getting emails pretty regularly for the last few updates, though I don't recall it always being that way. Seems like they may still be working to streamline their services.
I bought it on Nov 18 2022... have not received any email since. Has there been an update since then?

Return to “Instruments”