'Seraph' (Experimental, Rock, Avante Garde, Prog, Orchestral)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lovely little number based on everyone's favourite garden snake. Feedback welcome, particularly on the mix!!

UPDATED:

https://soundcloud.com/fc1985/seraph?si ... al_sharing
Last edited by frank1985 on Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

This is the most original track I've heard in while. You seamlessly blended several genres together in a menacing but satisfying listen. Great stuff!

Wow, that is really something, well done. Great piece and the mix sounded fine on my amazing laptop speakers :dog: but i will report back when i really get to hear it.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

well done. Nice song with different parts and strong mood. Sounds good.

Thanks guys, and @CrystalWizard yes i would be interested in knowing how that translates to proper speakers :)

frank1985,
Thank you for the review! Now your snake song: audio quality is very good! I like most of the melodies; some are a bit discordant (a few of the guitar chords) for me. Perhaps the discordant bits represent evil? Some parts of the song are obviously dark, a bit creepy; I've been known to have a bit of darkness in many of my songs. I believe you succeeded in what you set out to accomplish.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

I've played this one three or four times already, and I'm really enjoying it. As a complete track, I really like the way the different sections lead into each other, just like a good piece of Prog-rock should. All of the transitions work perfectly, the instrumentation is nicely judged, and the pacing and build is well arranged. This is probably your best yet.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:31 am I've played this one three or four times already, and I'm really enjoying it. As a complete track, I really like the way the different sections lead into each other, just like a good piece of Prog-rock should. All of the transitions work perfectly, the instrumentation is nicely judged, and the pacing and build is well arranged. This is probably your best yet.

Good work :)
Thanks seismic! That's high praise..
Last edited by frank1985 on Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aaron aardvark wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:22 am frank1985,
Thank you for the review! Now your snake song: audio quality is very good! I like most of the melodies; some are a bit discordant (a few of the guitar chords) for me. Perhaps the discordant bits represent evil? Some parts of the song are obviously dark, a bit creepy; I've been known to have a bit of darkness in many of my songs. I believe you succeeded in what you set out to accomplish.
re; the discord; yeah they're basically standard chords with 'outside' notes thrown in for tension, and for ze evil :devil:. Thanks for the listen - look forward to hearing more of your stuff. :phones:

Really interesting song. There's a mysterious charm to the confluence of sounds from 2:40 to 2:43 and the lead guitar starting at 3:50. I've listened to those parts several times now. A small note: I might try using the guitar in the intro to help it cohere a bit more strongly with the rest of the piece. Thanks for sharing. :)

Genetic_Junk wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:02 pm Really interesting song. There's a mysterious charm to the confluence of sounds from 2:40 to 2:43 and the lead guitar starting at 3:50. I've listened to those parts several times now. A small note: I might try using the guitar in the intro to help it cohere a bit more strongly with the rest of the piece. Thanks for sharing. :)
Appreciate that feedback - yes excellent advice re; adding guitar to the intro to tie it in - i'm going to work on this tonight

Fabulous music with lots of interesting twists and turns. This is real Progressive Rock in that it is different to the standard formulae!
Well done!
:)
P.S. Maybe the lead guitar before the last section could be a tad louder.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Amazing work with the composition! I really like the mysterious atmosphere, imagining a several movies and games where it could be used as a soundtrack. Really cool and intriguing development throughout the track. The sound palette is very interesting with some unusual combinations. The overall mix and sound quality reminds me of late 90's/early 2000's which I really like.

For some reason my imagination didn't go well with the lyrics. This composition feels to me as a complete piece without them. It would be really nice to have an instrumental version of it.
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

https://soundcloud.com/fc1985/seraph?si ... al_sharing

Added guitar to the start in response to Genetic_Junk's advice , in order to tie it in with the rest of the track.
Allomerus wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:18 am Fabulous music with lots of interesting twists and turns. This is real Progressive Rock in that it is different to the standard formulae!
Well done!
:)
P.S. Maybe the lead guitar before the last section could be a tad louder.
Done! Thanks for the feedback.

Nice job adding the guitar to the intro. The play style (hammering and pitch bending techniques) and tone gel well with the rest the song.

Return to “Music Cafe”