Sad state of Native Instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

osiris wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:30 pm It's a shame the Emu Proteus/EmulatorX died. I really liked it. Buggy as hell, and would never properly sync.
I am with you on this. Had great expectations about Emulator X (have always been a fan of E-Mu). Unfortunalley, Creative went down, and dragged E-Mu with it. Emulator X was abandoned. I just wish someone would be able to pick it and revive it.
Fernando (FMR)

I had so many great instrument banks for that one. Virus, Microwave - there was a lot of stuff out there for it. Plus, the effects were top shelf.

fmr wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:22 am
osiris wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:30 pm It's a shame the Emu Proteus/EmulatorX died. I really liked it. Buggy as hell, and would never properly sync.
I am with you on this. Had great expectations about Emulator X (have always been a fan of E-Mu). Unfortunalley, Creative went down, and dragged E-Mu with it. Emulator X was abandoned. I just wish someone would be able to pick it and revive it.
I'm not a PC user but I always thought about setting up a PC to use this. I quickly switched to EMU for sampling, owned an E3 and the E6400 Ultra. I loved the artifacts in the filters on those things, especially the band pass.

could someone explain to me why we dont see such multieffect from ni:
MusicRadar
https://www.musicradar.com › devi...
Devious Machines Infiltrator 2 review

NI created many effects and obviously they have the knowledge.
So what? why should i turn to developers like devious machines?

Molekular?

dune_rave wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:32 pm could someone explain to me why we dont see such multieffect from ni:
MusicRadar

Guitar Rig is kind of a multi effect

That's unfortunate for many of us.

But sadly, now, Native Instruments is a hardware company.

They make shitloads of money selling DJ controllers, midi controllers, and Maschine.
They also make lots of money with Kontakt licenses.

So they probably don't want to go down the rabbit hole of developing cutting edge software, they're just not there. Because they choose to go somewhere else.

My opinion

The hardware is in support of the software business. Every hardware unit has to be developed, paid for to be manufactured, shipped, held in stock, warranted, repaired etc Whereas once software is developed every additional sale is theoretically 100% profit. Of course it still has to be supported and updated, but the costs are minimal compared to hardware.

tristan- wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:28 pm That's unfortunate for many of us.

But sadly, now, Native Instruments is a hardware company.

They make shitloads of money selling DJ controllers, midi controllers, and Maschine.
They also make lots of money with Kontakt licenses.

So they probably don't want to go down the rabbit hole of developing cutting edge software, they're just not there. Because they choose to go somewhere else.

My opinion
Personally having been a customer forever I think it's not a matter of "cutting edge", it's that it's easier to sell most people "new" Kontakt instruments like Straylight than develop Reaktor into a more streamlined app for creating instruments and FX. I like Massive X, but I don't really care that much about NI's synths, it's always been Reaktor and Kontakt that are/were outstanding products from them. My issues with them are the same as they are with most music software developers, they implement a feature, it needs a little more work, (Reaktors current hosting etc.) and it never gets done in favor of chasing some new tech that can create a buzz in marketing.

Again, if NI don't announce some AI BS in Komplete 15 or whatever, I'm going to be really surprised.

dune_rave wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:32 pm could someone explain to me why we dont see such multieffect from ni:
MusicRadar

NI don't have to because Guitar Rig is capable of all of that. It's just that most people are ignorant to its true potential.

Lairyboy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:31 pm The hardware is in support of the software business. Every hardware unit has to be developed, paid for to be manufactured, shipped, held in stock, warranted, repaired etc Whereas once software is developed every additional sale is theoretically 100% profit. Of course it still has to be supported and updated, but the costs are minimal compared to hardware.
That doesnt necessarily mean that he's wrong about hardware being where they might make most money these days, though. Its not as though other companies dont survive on hardware only.
I doubt, though, that NI's accountants are going to turn up here to say what's on their books, though, so we're all guessing.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

LFO8 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:22 am
MusicRadar

NI don't have to because Guitar Rig is capable of all of that. It's just that most people are ignorant to its true potential.
Which is surprising considering everyone says things like "Guitar Rig is the wrong name for it because it is not that good on guitar but really great as an FX Rig."
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

I haven’t seen such declarations by any majority here on KVR or on Gearslutz.

LFO8 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:05 pm I haven’t seen such declarations by any majority here on KVR or on Gearslutz.
I have. Almost no one rates Guitar Rig as the best amp modeling software, but the FX are great. I would agree with this, I use Amplitube these days, but I used Guitar Rig for years, it's not bad, it just takes more work to get good tone out of than Amplitube.

None of this matters if you like or prefer it over the competition though. Some people will only use Marshall, some like Peavy.

machinesworking wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:29 pm
LFO8 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:05 pm I haven’t seen such declarations by any majority here on KVR or on Gearslutz.
I have. Almost no one rates Guitar Rig as the best amp modeling software, but the FX are great. I would agree with this, I use Amplitube these days, but I used Guitar Rig for years, it's not bad, it just takes more work to get good tone out of than Amplitube.

None of this matters if you like or prefer it over the competition though. Some people will only use Marshall, some like Peavy.
orange ftw :P

Return to “Instruments”