Krishna synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Krishna Synth

Numanoid wrote: Sat May 30, 2015 4:35 pm Why can't discontinued gear like this Krishna synth be made freeware? :help:

Would be interesting to try that Frame Oscillator

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/krishna ... re/details
In all honesty, the idea is better than the execution. Maybe it was the min-spec machine of the day, but the results just don’t sound that great. I’d love to see what a new version could do, with more CPU power to back it up, but I’ve not installed Krishna on a machine in a long time.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

It looks like Krishna has been given a new lease on life: https://fkfxaudio.com/krishnasynth/ :tu:

Version 1.7.5 is now available for FREE and $49 for the Full Version. This is a quote from their website:

"Originally released in 2007, KrishnaSynth makes its comeback as one of the most versatile and musical synth.

This powerful instrument is loaded with over 1000 great acoustic, electric, and synth sounds, and equipped with original synthesis features, giving you the ability to create any sound you can imagine!

Its Frame Synthesis technology lets you can import, build and modify textures from sampled instruments and synth waveforms, creating almost any kind of texture using its unique Frame Oscillator and its comprehensible set of DSP functions and effects."

The specs are impressive and very nostalgic since I was an avid proponent for the synth back in the day. It's been a long time since I've had the chance to play with it. I remember thinking that it was great for creating esoteric sounds. I'm going to try the free version first to make sure it runs on macOS Catalina. Please post any experiences or opinions you might have.

wow great!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

looks like this is only compatible with big sur andnot with good old catalina, can someone explain to me what a "Frame Oscillator" is?

I bought it back in the day. If I remember correctly ... the dev' disappeared. I wonder what happens now. I sent them my shag-it (share-it) order number.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I bought it back in the day. It made some pretty interesting sounds, but always had a bit of a dullness to it. Like the CPU of the day wasn’t really up to the task of really doing it well. I wonder if the new version updated the synth engine a bit.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

So, let me guess, that “Frame Oscillator” is basically yet another wavetable offering, give or take some kind of UI differentiation?

Sure reads like it: wavetables from samples, in fact.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:36 am I bought it back in the day. If I remember correctly ... the dev' disappeared. I wonder what happens now. I sent them my shag-it (share-it) order number.
I beta-d it and bought ($200) it in 2007 and had a lot of fun with it. Then moved to mac and had to let it go.

I'd probably find my thumb quite far up my bottom if I thought I was going to get a completely free version because I bought it 14 years ago. It's a quarter of the price.

"Get the free one and don't be an entitled khant" is what I'd say to myself if I thought that.

You read a awful lot into ''I wonder what happens now''. Well done. Stop playing with your bottom and take a sweet from the jar.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:31 am You read a awful lot into ''I wonder what happens now''. Well done. Stop playing with your bottom and take a sweet from the jar.
I mean, you write it like you were expecting something back from sending them your share-it receipt number? How do you think the devs will read it?

Riddle me that

Your grey matter is too much of a riddle for normal folk to decipher imho.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:55 am Your grey matter is too much of a riddle for normal folk to decipher imho.
Oh, you're way too smart to have a normal conversation with.
Jeesh - have good day

I bought this back in the day too. Needed the installers so emailed....no-one, as the dev just up and disappeared.
Same thoughts as with the eXT dev: going AWOL for years with no mention of what/why/how it's going to be different
doesn't make me want to spend any time let alone money with them.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

mike_o wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:10 am looks like this is only compatible with big sur andnot with good old catalina, can someone explain to me what a "Frame Oscillator" is?
Krishna works quite well here in Catalina. i'm quite happy with its resurrection. it has a distinct sound and a unique approach, it can make a lot of noise, the tube is great, the modulation and the sequencer are interesting, cpu is low. very inspiring, not the usual suspect. :love:
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:56 pm
mike_o wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:10 am looks like this is only compatible with big sur andnot with good old catalina, can someone explain to me what a "Frame Oscillator" is?
Krishna works quite well here in Catalina. i'm quite happy with its resurrection. it has a distinct sound and a unique approach, it can make a lot of noise, the tube is great, the modulation and the sequencer are interesting, cpu is low. very inspiring, not the usual suspect. :love:
Thank you for posting your experience. I'm also on Catalina. Right now, nothing is "broken", so I don't feel the need to "fix it" by updating my OS. But I admit, I'll probably upgrade to at least Big Sur sometime this year to get access to the latest features in Logic Pro.

Do you care to comment on CPU and/or RAM performance, stability, etc.? Thanks again! 8)

Return to “Instruments”