Wave Alchemy Glow - AMS RMX 16 Plugin - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wave Alchemy Glow - AMS RMX 16 Plugin has been released:

https://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/product/glow/

°Hybrid convolution and DSP engine perfectly recreates the iconic RMX reverb

°14 Iconic reverb algorithms: Ambience, Room A1, Room B1, Room A0, Hall C1, Hall B3, Hall A1, Plate A1, Plate B1, NonLin 2, Reverse 1, Reverse 2, Image P1, Freeze

°Take things further with custom DSP for gating, ducking, transient smoothing and flux (stereo spatialization and pitch modulation)

°Modern mode for tighter bass and extended, punchy frequency response

°Input, Output and Mix parameter with preset locking for deep control over reverb balancing

°Phase coherent mono mode

°Optional tempo-sync pre-delay

°Four user switchable themes in Classic Black, Radical Pink, Phantom Grey and Studio Blue.

°Internal preset browser for easily saving and recalling presets among various DAWs

°Random preset shuffling and selection for instant inspiration

°Resizable high definition UI

°Undo and Redo parameter changes

°Available as VST3, AU and AAX on macOS and Windows

°Apple Silicon native for VST3, AU and AAX on macOS

Introductory Price: £44.00 (later £59.00).
5192FA91-6943-4DFD-A788-5FB478B4F8C5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dope!

Anyone with the UAD one or the Inhalt IRs managed to compare yet? I’ll get there tonight.

Wave Alchemy, these plugs look real nice and the lexicon sounds awesome. Now do delays please!! Do a DMX and a PCM42 please

Those sliders look very Baby Audio. I wonder if they are involved...

audiouser720 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:27 am Dope!

Anyone with the UAD one or the Inhalt IRs managed to compare yet? I’ll get there tonight.

Wave Alchemy, these plugs look real nice and the lexicon sounds awesome. Now do delays please!! Do a DMX and a PCM42 please
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZlkxSiP4DY

He compares it with the UAD

This video makes some glaringly biased and disingenuous comparisons in regards to the UAD version. The idea that you can only edit parameters, change programs or algorithms in the UAD version via the keypad is completely false. (As he is an UAD RMX user, he would know this.)

"A common complaint with the AMS RMX16..." in regards to talking up the ducking/tail suppression thing, I've literally never heard anyone talk about the RMX in this light. And if this is an issue, its an issue that can be solved in your DAW not with automation (like thats a chore?) but with whatever dynamics tools you prefer.

That said, the additional tools like internal smoothing/ducking can be achieved with whatever stock tools you have in your DAW; not a unique feature. Theres no emulation of the ADC/DAC, and the "mack daddy" comparison, GLOW's NONLIN2 sounds a little too ringy. This review seems aimed more toward talking down the UAD plugin and less focused on highlighting what GLOW's strengths are.

The final thoughts postulation that the finer details are only heard by (implied) "snobs" is (edited) slimy; its not a "snobs only" difference if i can hear it on MeeAudio earbuds, airpods, my AKG K371s. I will declare that I have some mild physiological bias in that I've taken great care of my hearing and have documentation to show I have great hearing.

Disingenuous review aside, if people like the sound PLEASE BY ALL MEANS go enjoy it. I love the RMX16 and its one of the most enjoyable set of effects to use. The results are incredibly musically pleasing for me and I think all music benefits from good tools.

My bottom line: I don't hear anything GLOW does in this review that you cant achieve with INHALT's IR pack. And if you really want an RMX in plugin format...go UAD. Want a less scathing reaction? Don't attempt to mislead people with faulty comparisons and made up problems/solutions. This entire review is spon-con. This isn't all WAs fault; its the review.

QUICK EDIT: If you want a balanced review (comprehensive, and even flattering) review of just the GLOW, the MixbuxTV one is worth your time. The Espenkraft review is also pretty balanced, with a fairer comparison with the AMS RMX 500 format unit.

It's (unfortunately) essentially a collection of impulse responses with the DSP part coming into play for the gating, ducking, transient smoothing, and flux sections. Using INHALT's in Logic's Space Designer is pretty sweet, so...PASS.

Dom Sigalas has an additional 10% off code on his Youtube video review page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BPogir ... DomSigalas
Last edited by seangm on Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dup

I don't trust a company when such a simple thing doesn't not even work - registering an account, I tried several times.
You register, then try to login, then you get the message it's wrong password, then try reset password, then get the message that e-mail address is unknown, waste of time.
Well, pass!

Btw about 750 MB download size for the demo, it seems to be a convolution reverb,
maybe even Inhalt's IRs under the hood !?
Pretty disappointing that it's not even a full algorithmic reverb. Ducking without option to tweak attack and release, so sometimes it does not sound musical, only sometimes.
I think to know why they have chosen
the purple color as main skin.
I heard someone used it extremely on Linn drum and other instruments.
A little strange to call it hybrid just because of a gui and some extra functions (transient shaper, comp/ducking, pitch shift and modern function might be an eq) - the IK Multimedia sunset sound reverb Italo trick has obviously inspired England.
It's of course nice if you want it all in one plugin instead of adding plugins before/after reverb.
So thanks for the Townhouse RMX Inhalt hint, didn't know of it before.
Last edited by DCrown on Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:54 am, edited 16 times in total.

Jeez, tough crowd.

DCrown wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:59 pm I don't trust a company when such a simple thing doesn't not even work - registering an account, I tried several times.
You register, then try to login, then you get the message it's wrong password, then try reset password, then get the message that e-mail address is unknown, waste of time.
Well, pass!

Btw about 750 MB download size for the demo, it seems to be a convolution reverb,
maybe even Inhalt's IRs under the hood !?
Pretty disappointing that it's not even a full algorithmic reverb. Ducking without option to tweak attack and release, so sometimes it does not sound musical, only sometimes.
I think to know why they have chosen
the purple color as main skin.
I heard someone used it extremely on Linn drum and other instruments.
A little strange to call it hybrid just because of a gui and some extra functions (transient shaper, comp/ducking, pitch shift and modern function might be an eq) - the IK Multimedia sunset sound reverb Italo trick has obviously inspired England.
It's of course nice if you want it all in one plugin instead of adding plugins before/after reverb.
So thanks for the Townhouse RMX Inhalt hint, didn't know of it before.
Hi,

Any issues recently with the registration form (affecting approx around 1 in every 100 sign up), seems to have been caused by the huge demand over the last few days. We've been seeing an insane number of simultaneous sign ups, and far more than we were both expecting and ever seen on any previous product launch. And we do have a very fast dedicated Amazon server. The web team are sorting this right now, but things are likely ok and back to normal by now as I write this :tu:

We have no relationship with Inhalt in any way, and I can guarantee that everything we create is recorded in house by us (mainly myself in most cases in fact). I'm sure other people here can back me up on this. We are a reputable company, and put a huge amount of effort into everything we create. We stand by the products we make :)

I'm only mentioning this becuase of what you wrote in your message, but as a comparison Inhalt delivers around 181 Reverb Impulses acoss 6 reverb programs. Glow features almost 1,000 impulses, across 14 Reverb programs, including all the very rare revision 1 programs found on very early RMX units - alongside DSP.

I personally spent months recording and re-recording single every Impulse many many times, in order to get the very best representation of the original. Experimenting with different levels, capture methods and even as far as testing different cables and converters. We managed to keep the noise floor super low, and the capture extremely high quality. Whilst keeping the noise floor as low as it could be. We took the same overall attention to detail and OCD nature we apply to all our products.

Yes, Glow uses a combination of Impulses and DSP, and there is nothing wrong with this. In fact, from extensive research and testing, it is the best and most accurate way to model the classic RMX sound. It sounds identical at the same settings to the original, and can be taken much further with the additional DSP which was custom tuned specifically for this product and set of impulses.

Here are some audio comparisons of the original 80's hardware and Glow at the exact same settings. I'd be interested to hear your guesses as to which is which in each example:

Female Vocal 1

Female Vocal 1 A

Female Vocal 1 B

Female Vocal 2

Female Vocal 2 A

Female Vocal 2 B

Tom Fill

Tom Fill A

Tom Fill B

Nonlin Snare

Nonlin Snare A

Nonlin Snare B

Juno Synth

Juno Synth A

Juno Synth B

Lofi Synths

Lofi Synths A

Lofi Synths B

Lofi Synths C

For the last one (lofi synths), I have added in an addition 'C' variation. This is Glow, but with added 'Flux', which is a modulation effect we have within Glow. I've used this quite heavily here for this example, but it gives you an idea of how you can take this classic sound further. At more subtle levels it is great for adding a slight bit of movement / width.
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

Mr Arkadin wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:04 pm Jeez, tough crowd.
You're not wrong :D

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

hurricaneaudiolab wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:33 pm It's (unfortunately) essentially a collection of impulse responses with the DSP part coming into play for the gating, ducking, transient smoothing, and flux sections. Using INHALT's in Logic's Space Designer is pretty sweet, so...PASS.
See my reply above to DCrown. Hopefully that is helpful :tu:

wave alchemy wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:51 pm Hi,

Any issues recently with the registration form (affecting approx around 1 in every 100 sign up), seems to have been caused by the huge demand over the last few days. We've been seeing an insane number of simultaneous sign ups, and far more than we were both expecting and ever seen on any previous product launch. And we do have a very fast dedicated Amazon server. The web team are sorting this right now, but things are likely ok and back to normal by now as I write this :tu:
Instant buying and no problem for registration .
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

I had one small hiccup while buying it where the site didn't recognize my saved login in Safari and I had to reset my password. Other than that, purchase went smooth, plugin was installed and activated minutes after purchasing..
Dom's demo sounded good enough to me. Time to go Martin Hannett on everything now.

Return to “Effects”